Pes 6 won't use dedicated gpu, how do I make it work?

lilj6310

Non-League
12 September 2023
I've change the settings in Nvidia control panel and windows setting, but the game still uses intel gpu. Help

Same here. Since the new Nvidia drivers don't have the option to select the preferred GPU, we can only rely on the Windows Graphics settings to choose the 'High Performance' option. But that does nothing for me in the case of PES6.

Try to find information about using dedicated gpu in different games of the same notebook as your's on software and hardware forums.

After some digging around I found this on the Nvidia forums:
Games based on DirectX 8 and older versions of DirectX will only run on integrated graphics in an Optimus laptop under Windows 10
This is expected behavior. Most Optimus notebooks use MS Hybrid under Windows 10 which under DirectX 8 and older DirectX APIs will only run on the integrated graphics.
I could run PES6 on the Nvidia GPU when I disabled the integrated Intel GPU from device manager though. In order to do that first you have to disable the MUX Switch in your BIOS. This however made it impossible for me to use an external monitor. :(

Back
Top Bottom