PES 5...... What now Konami !

Peter Eyres said:
meh I used it to SLOW down the gamplay, and by just doing the notch below default slowed it down to OAP's on a non league ground. Why on earth would you want it even quicker?

People have differing tastes as to how fast the game should be. Konomi used to a speed bar in the PS1 versions of the game, I really don't know why the took it out as the speed of the game plays a huge part of whether people like the game or really like it

Speed change was removed from the game to avoid problems with online games. Even if they left it in for single player, people could find the memory location of the tag and hack online speed. Very easy way of cheating and putting your opponent off-balance. Therefore it needed to be removed.

Chimps-with-quiffs said:
I sometimes use brazil online, I really don't think it makes that much difference if someone is using a top club side.

I have had excellent games against inter, man u, milan, barca and real wehn playing as brazil, just the same as when I play with Inter against these teams.

I use inter and brazil, not because I think they will be better than whatever opposition is picked, but because there players suit my style, they have pace down each flank.

If your a decent player, its not who you pick, its how you play and what players are on form. If I pick Newcastle and emre and owen are on form I can give most teams a good game.
agree

I can play well with virtually any good team. But Chelsea, Ajax and Brazil fit me most..

Peter Eyres said:
just simply disable it in Online mode, easy.

As I just said, the way the game engine works if you had it in offline mode. Any enterprising person could go through the mallocs and fiddle with it for online mode. This is the same method used to create the demo extender and also the LOD program.

any 'enterprising' person. I'd say deranged is a better word ;)

Theres no excuse for it, surely a company with the experience and know how of Konami could prevent this.

Unfortunately KCET are still only babies when it comes to network coding. Saying that they have come a long way since PES4. This time round they were determined to create a much simpler system for online play. As it stands there is so little you can do to cheat in sports games (no aim-bots...) that creating punkkbuster-like cheat prevention systems is a very low priority. They spent a lot of time in Japan for WE9 this time round and many surveys were done in demo booths (I have a few friends who got a play of it, same guys to post it to me on release :-) ). So it's safe to say that they weren't ignoring peoples views. It's just the speed of the game pleased most and as I said at the moment the speed adjuster would've risked more problems in an online game they were still trying to get right this time round. Maybe if enough people look for this it might make it back next time round. But personally, it seems to run at real life speed to me and there's not many games where you would change that (except bullet-time of course).

Back
Top Bottom