PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Who actually gives a sh*t about Colombian leagues and leagues in far away lands that only 2% of people care about, really?

That will sound arrogant to a lot of you...but Konami need to spend their time and resources working on fundamental game issues and adding depth to broken modes like Master League before leagues that hardly anyone cares about.

It’s what infruriates me about pes fanbase ... there are huge issues that need fixing yet all I read is people moaning about player faces, data packs and leagues in Zimbabwe.
The more I think about the whole Pes19, the more im baffled by Konami business strategy..
PES was always "community" game. People editing, customizing, adding stuff, sharing files.
Nobody in the right state of mind expects Konami to compete with EA licensing.
But its so simple to be on top of things.

If I was developing this game, instead of chasing some new crazy licenses, id put fake Second (and possibly third) divisions in every league.
Put more fake leagues to be edited. Brought stadium creator back. Id let people edit, fucking, everything. People love to do this.
Give them tools, sit back, and focus mainly on gameplay and AI. Its common sense.

Instead they are releasing a half finished game, with broken AI, "licensed" leagues, where 11 players are clones, no stadiums, no faces. Its laughable.

If they said "in pes 2020 we will have EVERY league in europe along with its divisions 2&3, fake and ready to edit, and we are giving you new sets of editing tools, which will allow you to change everything", people would jump on it without blinking!

Instead they are acting like 4 feet tall little bloke, who is trying trying to punch some 6'5" EA giant in the face, battling for some meaningless leagues licenses...
...and forgetting that their 4 feet tall bloke doesnt have fundamentals (like shoes and pants)

It's proof as it hasn't been announced. If/until it is announced it remains proof.

Colombian league was rumoured but was never official until released. Until it was released, there was no proof it was in the game.

At the end of the day, it's all speculative until it happens, if it does. Bar those background files, there is no speculation outside of people with no insider knowledge who are posting on forums. Saying that things are placeholders for CSL has absolutely no basis.

It has as much or even more basis than Colombian league before the release.
So I am free to think it will be in the next dlc and you are free to doubt of it and wait any official announcement.

End of discussion.

It has as much or even more basis than Colombian league before the release.
So I am free to think it will be in the next dlc and you are free to doubt of it and wait any official announcement.

End of discussion.
You are correct.
However you saying PEA League is a placeholder for CSL is just made up with absolutely no substance to it.

2+2=5.

After some testing, it is not completly overrided. It is not the same to play pass game with Leeds and 50 Team Spirit that to play pass game with Madrid...

If you try to play a ball using the manual modifier arrow you will see it will always go straight in the given direction, no matter who is executing.

The easier passing game is most probably down to the better reaction/aacceleration times of top teams, which makes it easier to collect the ridiculous passes we make with full manual controls.

If you try to play a ball using the manual modifier arrow you will see it will always go straight in the given direction, no matter who is executing.

The easier passing game is most probably down to the better reaction/aacceleration times of top teams, which makes it easier to collect the ridiculous passes we make with full manual controls.

And where do you want the pass to go? Is manual. The ball goed wherever you are aiming to.

And where do you want the pass to go? Is manual. The ball goed wherever you are aiming to.

I don´t really understand your post as a follow-up to mine, to be honest.

The passes go anywhere according to my input. I never saw stats taking effect in some sort of aberration from it´s displayed path.

I believe that people will always bitch and complain as its just people nature these days. If a patch landed tomorrow which fixed the goalkeepers being stuck on the line issue, the AI wing spamming and the ML problems, people would find something else to complain about and brand the game broken.

The more I think about the whole Pes19, the more im baffled by Konami business strategy..
PES was always "community" game. People editing, customizing, adding stuff, sharing files.

If I was developing this game, instead of chasing some new crazy licenses, id put fake Second (and possibly third) divisions in every league.
Put more fake leagues to be edited. Brought stadium creator back. Id let people edit, fucking, everything. People love to do this.
Give them tools, sit back, and focus mainly on gameplay and AI. Its common sense.

Instead they are releasing a half finished game, with broken AI, "licensed" leagues, where 11 players are clones, no stadiums, no faces. Its laughable.

If they said "in pes 2020 we will have EVERY league in europe along with its divisions 2&3, fake and ready to edit, and we are giving you new sets of editing tools, which will allow you to change everything", people would jump on it without blinking!

Instead they are acting like 4 feet tall little bloke, who is trying trying to punch some 6'5" EA giant in the face, battling for some meaningless leagues licenses...
...and forgetting that their 4 feet tall bloke doesnt have fundamentals (like shoes and pants)

This would be a FIFA killer imo.

Just give us the game play and let the 'community' do the rest.

Konami have been doing the same thing for the last 10 years. Graphics, fonts, ML, import/export of option files. They need to do something different off pitch to get it back to where it was.

A team up with Sports Interactive or the guys who make Out Of The Park Baseball would be brilliant. They could use a very watered down version of the Football Manager 'world' engine so that transfer and the like work properly or the world editing capabilities of Out Of The Park Baseball.

I believe that people will always bitch and complain as its just people nature these days. If a patch landed tomorrow which fixed the goalkeepers being stuck on the line issue, the AI wing spamming and the ML problems, people would find something else to complain about and brand the game broken.

Id be more than happy with that. Only lack of stadiums would be an issue then - ie in master league Brentford need to have a small stadium thats 3/4 full. Not a 75000 full capacity.

Konami do as little as possible.
They give you the shell of a game then hope the community takes over.
They dont want to do a patch to fix the gameplay issues as it takes a bit of time and bit of money (wages).
What happens when these people stop making option files? the game dies over night.
Without these people there would be no Bundesliga for a start.

I think people have rose-tinted view of old PES games, especially PES6.

I reinstalled and played it again (vanilla, no mods), doing the World Cup mode as a few different teams on the Top Player, and the AI was really not that interesting to play against. The weaker and stronger teams didn't play that much differently, if anything the stronger teams were easier to beat... I didn't have to be very creative on the attack, just zig-zag pass your way up the pitch and then easily round the keeper/cutback pass to score, or just do one of those ridiculously overpowered 90-degree first time shots from anywhere inside 25 yards.

Didn't play any of the ML, but the structure of it was garbage (8 team 2nd division, 16 team top division) and I remember it having loads of stupid transfers - teams would accept any player as part of a trade, get rid of their best players etc. It's not and never was some sort of gold standard for an offline single player game mode in a football game.

I don´t really understand your post as a follow-up to mine, to be honest.

The passes go anywhere according to my input. I never saw stats taking effect in some sort of aberration from it´s displayed path.

“Straight in the given direction”. Ball can get spin if the player is good and do some curvy things. Same with shots.

And you'd be right to still bitch and complain because the AI would still not be dribbling with the ball as it should. A rather fundamental element of football!

The state this is in offline they deserve every bit of criticism, they're lucky PES is not a particularly high profile title or the gaming press would be all over them for releasing a half assed 'broken' game then going radio silence for days as the complaints grew.

You could say the same for every flaw ever in every possible game existent. "People will always bitch no matter what" shouldn't be an excuse for release half baked games with objective big lacks.

Id be more than happy with that. Only lack of stadiums would be an issue then - ie in master league Brentford need to have a small stadium thats 3/4 full. Not a 75000 full capacity.
I'd love a few smaller stadiums for the teams that need them. But some people online act as ifs its a matter of life or death.

“Straight in the given direction”. Ball can get spin if the player is good and do some curvy things. Same with shots.

My 60/70 rated players are playing the ball straight into the given direction, no matter if they are pressured/tired/in good position/in bad position/happy/sad.

Konami do as little as possible.
They give you the shell of a game then hope the community takes over.
They dont want to do a patch to fix the gameplay issues as it takes a bit of time and bit of money (wages).
What happens when these people stop making option files? the game dies over night.
Without these people there would be no Bundesliga for a start.

The reason that editing community is die because KONAMI for 5 years did nothing to improve edit mode. Nothing. I will say more, editing on the past was better! Its joke. People see this stupid politcs. We give you 5 new leagues but take Champion League. We give new leagues but cut second devisions. We give import images on PS4 but take mp3 chants. We give you stadium editor but in next games take it. We give you new licesnsed stadia but in new version of Pes take it. It's stupid politics and now we see how poor it looks. All the time they should improve game put something new but not take old stuff.

Its just no football game will ever be perfect. People moan about not having certain stadiums, the grass colour, managers not having real faces, footballs, boots, certain players not having tattoos or the latest haircuts, the famous PA announcer not being present at Anfield, Henry's status not being outside the Arsenal ground. I could go on... Sadly.

Its just no football game will ever be perfect. People moan about not having certain stadiums, the grass colour, managers not having real faces, footballs, boots, certain players not having tattoos or the latest haircuts, the famous PA announcer not being present at Anfield, Henry's status not being outside the Arsenal ground. I could go on... Sadly.
Or a game without CPU shooting or dribbling?
Fix those things and other gameplay issues that are making this a non football game and most people would be over the moon.
But defending a game that lacks the basic ingredients that makes football what it is?

So, by the principle that no game in general will ever be perfect, we should just stop criticize stuff objectively wrong? Brilliant.

Would love to know who's moaning and bitching here on evoweb, by the way :) .
We probably
Remember when criticising FIFA 18 over at Operation Sport,got taken for a proper ride by the FIFA guys.
Rough one,bit more mellow here when questioning pes
Over there it's proper mass hysteria at times when giving feedback

Game play clearly needs working on in my opinion, regarding editing in general it is very frustrating when Konami cannot
be bothered with this element of the game and fail to understand or care about where this could take them if they applied more time and thought to the editing side.
Konami need to focus on there own product and forget the other game as has been proven they cannot and will not be able to compete with EA`s budget.
As i have said before why not turn the non licence issue to there advantage by expanding on the editing side and maybe consider some kind of merger with football manager

I’ve stuck up for pes 2019 in here and i actually do enjoy the game ... but only in bursts... I don’t sit and play it for long periods like I did with pes 5 but that’s probably because I am older now.

But...-and a big BUT

People are well within their rights to complain about samey CPU attacking moves and lack of shooting

These are big gameplay issues which shouldn’t just be accepted

We all spent 50 dollars/Euro/Etc on this and many single player pes gamer feel let down yet again by Konami and their BS.

The two clowns who working for konami’s PR dept haven’t helped either ... they claimed ML was massively improved with new features this year.

Downright lies!!

@Emroth
I agree with you on a certain point...
We already got at least good editing tools for what a console can handle (it's more a console game than FM)
The main issue, is about "unlocking" everything for a free edition... There's things than cannot be created without using a big amount of space.
And PES, let's be honest, PES have never really been a solo game. The big difference is there wasn't real online before, or at least "playable" like it's now. We're not anymore in that "playing with friends IRL" era :(
I even know young guys playing online on Fifa when they lives 500 meters from each others.

So let's resume it: Iss pro evolution to PES6, we played with friends or community; which is now replaced by online.
PES 2008 to 2014 was a very bad era for PES not only because of FIFA: but also because the servers didn't fit with online standards in terms of sociabiliy, connexion stability.

All that editing should be a good thing... Only if we could share, and play it, online.

There's several problems encoutered about the total editing thing, which can't be compared to FM in those terms (as a PC game, in which solo gaming is the first choice)
A stadium creator yes, but how to play with a created stadium online? Well, a solution is that you could see your stadium edited, but not the opponent, like it's the case with kits.
Several division, but Konami should do the work on creating more real faces than ever (when i see faces made on PC, it's not even close in terms of texture to what PES does)
The whole database needs to be huge... Even with that, we won't have all that because of Buli exclusivity, so let's forget about having Ribéry/Robben/Coman real faces... And they can't do anything about it, they're not allowed to gives us a huge database due to exclusivity restrictions.

Also, one thing which isn't mentionned but for me it's the most important thing about editing, is about database, even if i don't think it possible in PES (due to what i've said above).
Like in the FM editor "data/roster generator" is really needed, for creating teams from scratch and generates players with stats they deserves/or not, by entering a amount of information about what you know about the teams/league/player level, like something to distribute points on stats : a bit like it was in Top Spin 4 when you create a player if you remember, but more advanced, some kind of generator.

When i see some editing export like Costa Rica league with teams and players practically at Ligue 1/Russia/Turkey level... It mess up the whole database balance.

I speculate about ideas, but one thing is sure and the main problem here : exclusivity. Licence always existed, that's another story, but we at least could have ressembling teams/players under fakes names like it's the case with national teams like Serbia, Korea, Nigeria for example. In the past, you've got the same with some clubs...
Now, "no ressemblance allowed" at all. There was special faces for players which aren't licenced in the game (replaying PES 2, Holland wasn't licenced same for some brasilian players, but you could found Van der sar face, Davids, Ronaldo, etc.)

So, fuck exclusive deals. fuck the "no ressemblance at all allowed" and everything related, from stadiums to teams to players special faces.
It's those kind of deal who killed not the game, but editing possibilities...

Perhaps a "didn't read" post because it's too long, but i needed to express my frustration aswell as i'm currently editing :LOL:
It makes me remember all those things that you could modify in the past, than can't be allowed not because of "that"... Let's be honest : EA practically introduced this like a virus, but DFL and others Federation agreed with that exclusivity system are also responsible in a lower degree.

PESworld Bundesliga OF Is out!!!

Good times!! :)

Edit: I only have 55 slots for L-Kits available after installing all available PESworld OF‘s. Will that be enough for whole Bundesliga or do I have to replace (let’s say British 2nd div) their 2048 kits with 1024 kits?!

https://www.pesteam.it/forum/threads/pesfan-it-fo-v4-pes2019-ps4.27810/

PESTeam.it Bundesliga out now too.
I need to test both and compare if Pesworld improved their rosters, but from what i've seen in the previous exports (Bayern/Dortmund from both PESWORLD and PESTEAM.IT) the italian community wins by far in terms of players stats and representations. Didn't tested both kits in game.

Edit: on PESTEAM option file, they even thinked about duplicates from AFC teams to import before installing bundesliga (Witsel etc.) so no issue with ML...

Last edited:
@Emroth
I agree with you on a certain point...
We already got at least good editing tools for what a console can handle (it's more a console game than FM)
The main issue, is about "unlocking" everything for a free edition... There's things than cannot be created without using a big amount of space.
And PES, let's be honest, PES have never really been a solo game. The big difference is there wasn't real online before, or at least "playable" like it's now. We're not anymore in that "playing with friends IRL" era :(
I even know young guys playing online on Fifa when they lives 500 meters from each others.

So let's resume it: Iss pro evolution to PES6, we played with friends or community; which is now replaced by online.
PES 2008 to 2014 was a very bad era for PES not only because of FIFA: but also because the servers didn't fit with online standards in terms of sociabiliy, connexion stability.

All that editing should be a good thing... Only if we could share, and play it, online.

There's several problems encoutered about the total editing thing, which can't be compared to FM in those terms (as a PC game, in which solo gaming is the first choice)
A stadium creator yes, but how to play with a created stadium online? Well, a solution is that you could see your stadium edited, but not the opponent, like it's the case with kits.
Several division, but Konami should do the work on creating more real faces than ever (when i see faces made on PC, it's not even close in terms of texture to what PES does)
The whole database needs to be huge... Even with that, we won't have all that because of Buli exclusivity, so let's forget about having Ribéry/Robben/Coman real faces... And they can't do anything about it, they're not allowed to gives us a huge database due to exclusivity restrictions.

Also, one thing which isn't mentionned but for me it's the most important thing about editing, is about database, even if i don't think it possible in PES (due to what i've said above).
Like in the FM editor "data/roster generator" is really needed, for creating teams from scratch and generates players with stats they deserves/or not, by entering a amount of information about what you know about the teams/league/player level, like something to distribute points on stats : a bit like it was in Top Spin 4 when you create a player if you remember, but more advanced, some kind of generator.

When i see some editing export like Costa Rica league with teams and players practically at Ligue 1/Russia/Turkey level... It mess up the whole database balance.

I speculate about ideas, but one thing is sure and the main problem here : exclusivity. Licence always existed, that's another story, but we at least could have ressembling teams/players under fakes names like it's the case with national teams like Serbia, Korea, Nigeria for example. In the past, you've got the same with some clubs...
Now, "no ressemblance allowed" at all. There was special faces for players which aren't licenced in the game (replaying PES 2, Holland wasn't licenced same for some brasilian players, but you could found Van der sar face, Davids, Ronaldo, etc.)

So, fuck exclusive deals. fuck the "no ressemblance at all allowed" and everything related, from stadiums to teams to players special faces.
It's those kind of deal who killed not the game, but editing possibilities...

Perhaps a "didn't read" post because it's too long, but i needed to express my frustration aswell as i'm currently editing :LOL:
It makes me remember all those things that you could modify in the past, than can't be allowed not because of "that"... Let's be honest : EA practically introduced this like a virus, but DFL and others Federation agreed with that exclusivity system are also responsible in a lower degree.
I haven't played Pes on pc since -11,and before that Pes 6,and I'm not a huge "edit/fix/import" guy.
But I find it kinda relaxing and enjoyable to fix and edit what I can fix and edit on console.

And you're right on this game being tougher on possibilities to import/edit Vs older games.
And it could be because fear of getting into legal hassle.
But one thing konami can fuck right off with is the possibility to do proper in-game editing.
I had Pes 13/15 on Xbox 360 where I could create badges,create chest logos etc.
They've removed all of that on current gen (xbox one) so now you're stuck with a shitty in game editor and no import options( not only MS fault)
Horrible company

I think it's a ploy to keep people buying new versions and avoid as much repeatability as possible. Could you imagine giving people the option to import kits or design perfect kits , modify or great stadiums, insert audio, create leagues and build a custom ML. All possible but no one would buy the next version

Afternoon guys, hope you are all well.

Been catching up with the last 10 or so pages comments, pretty much agree with most of what everyone has said.

The repetitive Wing-Low Cross-Shot AI play is totally ruining PES 19 for me right now.
Ml is a mess because of it, every single team plays the same way, every single attack is get the ball to the wing, shimmy about, low cross, it gets very tedious.
Couple that with the stuffed up transfers, half the teams selling their whole squads, and no new features at all and its clear Konami are done with the offline side of PES. They could not have made less effort.

The pisstake thing about it is that you get the likes of Adam ad others tweeting that ML transfers are now fixed and are realistic, when its lies, pure lies, and is in fact worst than its ever been.

PES 2019 is a superb game, it looks beautiful, the animations, pace, flow of the games are spot on, but offline it is a shambles, so much potential, potentially ruined.

Motherhen must be Curdie or PESMunki in disguise, mistaking peoples wishes for a continually improving game for moaning.
As a customer who buys the games every year, produce content and kits for others to get the most out of what is always an unfinished product from Konami, I think we have the right to continually ask for improvements.
People like them are happy to stroke Adam and Asim's egos and pick up their freebies and be content with whatever is served up to them.

I’ve stuck up for pes 2019 in here and i actually do enjoy the game ... but only in bursts... I don’t sit and play it for long periods like I did with pes 5 but that’s probably because I am older now.

But...-and a big BUT

People are well within their rights to complain about samey CPU attacking moves and lack of shooting

These are big gameplay issues which shouldn’t just be accepted

We all spent 50 dollars/Euro/Etc on this and many single player pes gamer feel let down yet again by Konami and their BS.

The two clowns who working for konami’s PR dept haven’t helped either ... they claimed ML was massively improved with new features this year.

Downright lies!!

I do think the game play this year is really enjoyable - animation, pace, ball physics ,players weight etc, as well as visuals especially in licensed stadiums (PS4). I do agree with some of the constructive feedback from the community including the famous AI needs improvement issue, but I think it's being a bit overstated. I don't know if it has to do with the difficulty, controls or setup a user is using, but I have played many different cup mode games( Knoami cup, master Europe cup) and I have hardly seen the AI low cross frequent complains. I see AI score with some variety (could be improved for sure) ..I have seen the AI score shots from outside the area etc. On the pitch, I have to say game play is the best since the golden era IMO/

Back
Top Bottom