PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

So hoping FIFA gameplay can be like PES ... and will be in JOY JOY JOY.
Everything else in FIFA except gameplay is 'quite perfect' or better than PES.
Not really. they have a lot going for them that's true: presentation(my goodness that is A+), licenses, stadiums and content.
Still, the player models suck, the ball size and physics, the nets, the lighting, the kits quality aren't what i'd hope, players and teams feel the same.
still like you said, if they could nail the gameplay this year, it be a huge step in winning O.G. veteran PES/WE fans over.

@mfmaxpower
Same as you, pal. Ps4.
Slim. Not that it matters i guess...

Im baffled how some people say COM plays different in every game and some are tortured with low crosses.
I've tried everything. Formations, tactics, blocking, marking, team mentality, everything.
And yes, they do it less, because they simply cant get through..But I can see in each and every game that they are DYING to do it. And if they manage to do it - they usually score. Its wrecking my head. Cant wait for the patch. I honestly can live with everything else. Well...maybe COM shots from distance too.. its crap without them.

What do you think about defensive headers? Im loosing good few goals from corners! Im finding very tough to clear the ball in PES19.

Oh and sign me up on this list of people, who usually loose a goal or two from 88min up.
Dont know yet, is it a pressure and panic from my side, or is COM sniffing coke in the last 5 mins..
Could be just me.. im full of panic on this bloody Superstar..:D

Also Ive just remembered... Anyone remember that company that claimed they scanned all the Real Madrid players for PES 2019? Are the players new scans this year?

@mfmaxpower
Same as you, pal. Ps4.
Slim. Not that it matters i guess...

Im baffled how some people say COM plays different in every game and some are tortured with low crosses.
I've tried everything. Formations, tactics, blocking, marking, team mentality, everything.
And yes, they do it less, because they simply cant get through..But I can see in each and every game that they are DYING to do it. And if they manage to do it - they usually score. Its wrecking my head. Cant wait for the patch. I honestly can live with everything else. Well...maybe COM shots from distance too.. its crap without them.

What do you think about defensive headers? Im loosing good few goals from corners! Im finding very tough to clear the ball in PES19.

Oh and sign me up on this list of people, who usually loose a goal or two from 88min up.
Dont know yet, is it a pressure and panic from my side, or is COM sniffing coke in the last 5 mins..
Could be just me.. im full of panic on this bloody Superstar..:D

Yeah, Superstar is brutal. I'm actually going to drop back to Top Player for a bit. It's a tad too easy but some matches on Superstar are just not fun for me. I like the challenge but the CPU feels like it's cheating a bit too much.

One thing I've really been noticing is how on the higher difficulties, the CPU totally cheats with footplanting, making dribbling not nearly as fun. Here's an example below. Watch how Matic slides along the ground to keep close to me, totally violating physics. I hate BS like this.

@Emroth the moment i drew with Marseille twice and drew again against West effin Ham, makes me think manual shits me.

12 mins, Professional, PA0.

Agree i wasn't beaten but for crying out loud West Ham ... I don't mind get beaten by Man City or Arsenal or Madrid but not draw with the likes of West Ham hahahahaha.

Should i back in for PA1 and try Superstar or Legend .... Very tempting lollll

Obviously people aren't commenting in the Demo thread anymore so I thought I would write here. I've noticed if I play the demo on my Vizio 50" tv, it plays great and at a slow enjoyable pace. Strangely I moved my PS4 upstairs and the game felt absolutely rapid on my 32" TV. It also made the match feel totally different and less enjoyable because of this. Just wanted to share as this could be the difference with some peoples experiences.

One of the more reliable sources on Twitter is claiming that PES will add two new leagues in the next update. One we know is the Thai league. Also, these will overwrite TWO of the fake leagues... Also, it is 100% NOT the Chinese league.
Also that news will come for South America in late September/early October.

So, if this is true (he mentioned the Thai news before it was announced), I guess its another South American league??

You've seen this TTB (The True Brits) guy .. he is good ay .. immensely good i must say.

He's shown that he plays full Manual so effortlessly.
Then of course, PA1, PA2, PA3 is no brainier for him.

I wonder if he competes in PES e-Sport

One of the more reliable sources on Twitter is claiming that PES will add two new leagues in the next update. One we know is the Thai league. Also, these will overwrite TWO of the fake leagues... Also, it is 100% NOT the Chinese league.
Also that news will come for South America in late September/early October.

So, if this is true (he mentioned the Thai news before it was announced), I guess its another South American league??

It should be CSL
- the league and the cups are already in the database
- there are call names for CSL teams in current files
- PAE league has 16 teams
- someone reliable that told me about Thaï League one week ago also said that it would be CSL

Maybe there is a 3rd league?

It should be CSL
- the league and the cups are already in the database
- there are call names for CSL teams in current files
- PAE league has 16 teams
- someone reliable that told me about Thaï League one week ago also said that it would be CSL

Maybe there is a 3rd league?
You say that but I've seen nothing to back that up.

what's your average pass conversion rate in PA1 Superstar ?
Not sure, pal. Im not analysing that much. I'll keep an eye on it.
Should i back in for PA1 and try Superstar or Legend .... Very tempting lollll
Go for it. I have two ML's running. One is Superstar PA1 (Valencia), the other is Profesional PA0 (Feyenoord).
For some strange reason (maybe frustrating AI, or maybe coz Im crap on both) I need a rest from each of them intermittently.

So hoping FIFA gameplay can be like PES ... and will be in JOY JOY JOY.
Everything else in FIFA except gameplay is 'quite perfect' or better than PES.
Don`t hope for that man, It never be the same becouse they have different approach, fifa will always be faster and more arcadey becouse of their audience and fut. The choice is simple, if you want gameplay go for pes, if you want everything other go for fifa, but like I said yesterday, after playing pes 2019 tryed to play fifa 18 and I can`t, it`s joke on pitch with all that chaos. Didn`t expect fifa 19 to be different, it was very promising in beta state before they patch it and made the game faster and more arcadey

So is there any point of having fast pacey player this year? Speed difference is pretty thin with all the players running at the same pace. I think it makes the game a bit shallow when Mertesacker can catch up with Bale.

so last night i wanted to start playing my first 2019 ML! it all came the other way....
3 friends came over to watch the GER:FRA match at my place. before that i fired up PES2019. both controller set to fuma (no other way at my place :P ), 20 min matches, GER:FRA!
we had some fun matches! oh boy... :BOP: first they had trouble with manual passing... shots and passes going everywhere. but they got sucked into that weighty/slow (new to them) soccer game! :D
in the end they WANTED to keep on playing manual! 2 of the 3 will get themselves a copy for ps4. they have been playing the other games for years. sure, theyll get both games. but for 1on1 with human player they get PES. lovely moment that was.
i told em about the flaws and whats not good... but they had fun! nothing more to say here.

i feel: for every video showing the flaws of the game, there are tons of awesome videos with individual moments! :D
and as long as the ratio is 1:10 (maybe even higher), i keep a smile on my face and playing that game! :BYE:

i feel: for every video showing the flaws of the game, there are tons of awesome videos with individual moments! :D
and as long as the ratio is 1:10 (maybe even higher), i keep a smile on my face and playing that game

Of course there is but that moment with your buddies is not considered issues in PES2019. The fact is AI still do low crosses offline and so on.

fifa will always be faster and more arcadey
I have to dissagree with you there. FIFA can be modified to suit every player, at least offline. Last year I changed game speed to slow and adjusted some sliders. Im not gonna lie - it was more of a simulation than Pes18.
The only thing that FIFA lacks at the moment is proper ball physics.
I think it makes the game a bit shallow when Mertesacker can catch up with Bale.
Im not sure if thats the case. Last night I played few matches and sent a long through ball. DF was closer to the ball, but my FW got to the ball first. Speed difference was quite obvious.

@PRO_TOO I love manual, but Im really struggling with creating chances. Defense in PES19 is organised, goes back deep and swarms the penalty area. I have huge problems with this last little pass into space. There is too many bodies there :D
But im not giving up!

Regarding the removal of D2 of Italy and Spain again and considering that EPL is broken due to teams outselling everyone in their rosters in ML,this lefts the French Ligue the only one in ML where you can have a season close to reality “package” with promotions /relegations etc.

I have to dissagree with you there. FIFA can be modified to suit every player, at least offline. Last year I changed game speed to slow and adjusted some sliders. Im not gonna lie - it was more of a simulation than Pes18.
The only thing that FIFA lacks at the moment is proper ball physics.

I tried that too but sliders are somewhat connected, if you lower or increase some slider other stuff from the game suffers. for ex. if you lower acceleration slider your defenders can`t sprint in defence, you have to tap sprint button all the time, lowering pass speed button and leave speed slider unnatached gameplay will be strange and similar issues with other sliders, game is different but lose other stuff. Only marking and defensive postioning sliders give good results. I tested this and came to conclusion that the core of the game is progammed that way...

Back
Top Bottom