PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Would be a nice and smooth ride from there on if people who actually like Pes would get thrown out of an Pes forum,or whatever it is nowadays

Guys don't take this discussion too seriously we have no agenda trust me lol

By the way Deco didn't buy the game yet so you can't count him as someone who plays PES more than us the negative ones!

Looking forward to your ML vids

Good night :)

Guys don't take this discussion too seriously we have no agenda trust me lol

By the way Deco didn't buy the game yet so you can't count him as someone who plays PES more than us the negative ones!

Looking forward to your ML vids

Good night :)
You're a sorry lot;)
Take it easy Shez

So after 3 hrs of testing dribble speed, from PES 5 all the way to PES 2018, here are the results. All on beginner difficulty, in exhibition mode, real teams and players. Running full length of the pitch.

PES 5 (Xbox)
C.Ronaldo - 13s~
G.Neville - 14s~

PES 6 (Xbox 360)
Saha - 14s~
G.Neville - 15s~

PES 2008 (Xbox 360)
C.Ronaldo - 14s~
Bardsley - 15s~

Winning Eleven 2009 (PS3)
From halfway line because the CPU wouldn't leave me alone, on beginner!
C.Ronaldo - 7s~
G.Neville - 8s~

PES 2010 (PS3)
Nani - 13s~
G.Neville - 14s~

PES 2011 (PS3)
Nani - 15s~
Dudgeon - 16s~

PES 2012 (PS3)
Nani - 14s~
Scholes - 15s~

PES 2013 (Xbox 360)
From the half way line again..
Nani - 8s~
Cleverly - 9s~

PES 2014 (Xbox 360)
Valencia (dribble speed 92) - 16s~
Varela (dribble speed 78) - 16s~
Vidic (dribble speed 72) - 16s~

Double tap run
Valencia - 15s~
Varela - 15s~
Vidic - 15s~

PES 2015 (PS4)
Switched to Chelsea because no more speedy United players.
M.Salah (drib speed 92) - 15s~
Fabregas (drib speed 74) - 15s~
Blackman (drib speed 58) - 15s~

Double tap run
M.Salah - 15s~
Fabregas - 15s~
Blackman - 15s~

PES 2016 (PS4)
Hazard - 14s~
Terry - 14s~

Double tap run
Hazard - 14s~
Terry - 14s~

PES 2017 (PS4)
Hazard - 15s~
Terry - 15s~
(15.3 vs 15.6, very minimal)

Double tap run
Hazard - 16s
Terry -17s

PES 2018 (PS4)
Back to United!
Rashford - 14s~
Fellaini - 14s~
(14.4 vs 14.9, minimal)

Double tap run
Rashford - 14.8s
Fellaini - 15.1
(Very minimal again)

So there you have it.

Conclusion
We have 2 periods to look at; pre 2014 and post 2014. Pre 2014 the difference in speeds between a very quick player (90s drib speed) and a slow one (70s drib speed) is between 1s - 1.5s. From PES 2014 onwards, hardly any difference. In fact, PES 14, 15 and 16 there were no differences. 2017 and 2018 have very minimal differences.

Verdict
Yes, pre PES 2014 stats mattered more than 2014 onwards. The difference in speeds has been reduced to how far the ball travels from the foot. So the quicker the player, the closer the ball would travel from the player, and the slower he is, obviously, the further away it goes.

And that, as they say, is that.

I hope we put this to rest now. Pass it on to @officialpes if you like.

Last edited:
Top speed isn't everything though. Anyone who's seen Vincent Janssen play for Spurs Will tell you that. His top speed was measured only second after Kyle Walker last year. His acceleration and agility on the pitch really isn't anything to speak of though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/who-fastest-five-players-each-9746955.amp
If you're replying to me, I know top speed or dribble speed aren't everything. I just did my tests to see if these speed stats meant anything, and those mentioned above were findings when players run the full pitch. How quick they turn with the ball and how nimble they are is another story.

If you weren't responding to me, please ignore this post.

Last edited:
Not replying to you in particular, just throwing it out there. I loved your testing, thanks a lot for doing it. :) It definitely highlights a problem, and I hope Konami takes note.

You guys playing master league on legend or superstar?

Might drop down to superstar, legend is brutal!!!

I was playing on top player with manual passing. It was excellent up until 12 matches in, when suddenly Millwall and Preston turned into Barcelona and man city respectively and I just couldn't string two passes together over two meters. The infamous scripting kicking in hard. I was already shite and losing all the time, but it felt just and deserved - but when the scripting kicked in, it just pissed me off.

If you're replying to me, I know top speed or dribble speed aren't everything. I just did my tests to see if these speed stats meant anything, and those mentioned above were multiple findings when players run the full pitch. How quick they turn with the ball and how nimble they are is another story.

If you weren't responding to me, please ignore this post.

I appreciate you putting the time in testing all of this Lami . .fair play to you . .you're a true PES man and a very fair moderator.

What a story to wake up to. I guess the good news is if i create myself in game with realistic stats I can still keep up with Usain Bolt over 100 yards :)

So after 3 hrs of testing dribble speed, from PES 5 all the way to PES 2018, here are the results. All on beginner difficulty, in exhibition mode, real teams and players. Running full length of the pitch.

PES 2011 (PS3)
Nani - 15s~
Dudgeon - 16s~

I was never meant to doubt you, but in pes 11 the difference between a player with speed 1 and acceleration 1 and a player with 99 at speed and acceleration is nearly 5 sec, runing alongside the pitch. 70 is an average speed to compare, not slow.
In pes 2018 as you saw i compared a 40 ovrl vs a 109 ovrl and there was no difference.

I appreciate you putting the time in testing all of this Lami . .fair play to you . .you're a true PES man and a very fair moderator.
While testing, I was hoping the other posters (@flokiman one of them) were wrong. Not that they're lying, not at all, but was hoping they got their calculations wrong somehow. Buuut yea.. there we have it. Or I do, since I don't know who believes me or not.

Shall we all stop with the petty digs at each other? Some of us like this game, some of us don't.

It's ruining the thread, I come here for pes related discussion not childish playground antics.

:)

I was never meant to doubt you, but in pes 11 the difference between a player with speed 1 and acceleration 1 and a player with 99 at speed and acceleration is nearly 5 sec, runing alongside the pitch. 70 is an average speed to compare, not slow.
In pes 2018 as you saw i compared a 40 ovrl vs a 109 ovrl and there was no difference.
I don't doubt you at all man. I believe you.

I just wanted to test the real players, in a real match, not training mode, without having to create any custom ones.

While testing, I was hoping the other posters (@flokiman one of them) were wrong. Not that they're lying, not at all, but was hoping they got their calculations wrong somehow. Buuut yea.. there we have it. Or I do, since I don't know who believes me or not.

Where do we go from here? Is it worth playing?

I am enjoying this playing as Inter in Serie A. The kits, atmosphere and stadia are all great.

It's a really dull game playing with English teams at them silly stadiums with the god AWFUL generic crowd chants, but comes to life when Italian team.

I will buy FIFA for my Premier League fix and keep this for the super hard ML!

Excellent work Lami, 3 hours not wasted. I'd say that 1 second difference between C Ronaldo and Gary Neville is near negligible over the length of a pitch too.

So speed, with the probable exception of the speed merchant card which I seem to recall had some impact on straight line dribbling speed, has almost always been an off-the-ball attribute more than anything.

In terms of Messi dribbling compared to Ter Stegen, the most notable difference will be the resolution of dribbling when not sprinting. There's not been a comprehensive test of the turning circles of the two, or in the frequency of touches taken when sprinting (and I saw floki's video - that aspect of the video was hardly scientific), but in any case the manoeuvrability of the two when under pressure in close quarters will be what people can really feel in the controls now.

It's very surprising that dribbling top speed is so homogeneous, but I certainly don't think anybody can argue that Messi and Ter Stegen are the same. They ought to differ more significantly, no doubt, but I think all we're proving is that the individuality is felt in different aspects of their dribbling/manoeuvrability, so we need to test that aspect of the game rather than fixate on dribbling top speed.

Shall we all stop with the petty digs at each other? Some of us like this game, some of us don't.

It's ruining the thread, I come here for pes related discussion not childish playground antics.

:)

Man, we TALK about PES! This is a PES discussion thread, and everyone can raise an argument about it and the others can discuss it.
What do you want? Only to praise it?

Pes 2018, despite its flaws it gives me a very satisfying feeling playing it. I feel the weight of the ball and players better than ever is soccer game history. Even shooting, despite being generic somehow, feels great. Its a more down to earth approach to the real sport. I would like more variety in players, and some clunky animations to be sorted out though.

while i was having fun with PES.. what happened here!? :CONFUSE:

btw: yesterday i edited christiano ronaldos body control stat to 99 and still... this...
cr7b0s3k.jpg

:P

hmmm, hate to bring this up but, people complain about certain aspects for this game, when it´s all about the way konami developers found to make us work hard for our victories on every single season. The speed thing is an old one, I already knew this and I still payed the game over and over. The catch up thing was here as well for a couple years, everybody hated that, but still played the game... Now I remember of PES getting old after some seasons in ML, because I had such a great team, strong, fast etc, that I was unbeatable... booooring!

Now, we know there´s a code that stops us from winning every match, no matter what team you have. Is it realistic? No, for sure not the best choice, but they can´t code a realistic defense yet these days, so I´ll buy this option every day, rather than have a game that gets too easy and old after a couple seasons. I also remember people playing WE9, because it´s simply the best balanced game ever. Yeah right, then when you notice, we´re using some famous option file that actually reduced the speed of all faster players and other stats as well, to make it less easy. Funny isn´t it?

Fifa actually has fast players better represented, but I have no fun with it, because it does worse things to make the game harder. Easier levels are a run fest, harder levels are a mind f%$k fest. I simply can´t cope with all the things it does to make you loose. And I won´t even start talking about the tiki taka fest plague from the recent years.

So yea, right now, PES is still the best overall option around. Sorry for the comparison but I couldn´t avoid, it´s just like sometimes we talk like there´s a good option out there, but there´s not. This is all we have right now. There are things to improve, and in the end, all I care is how the game feels.

Damn!, people didn´t even noticed this on the pitch until someone proved it. Now the game sucks. come on!

hmmm, hate to bring this up but, people complain about certain aspects for this game, when it´s all about the way konami developers found to make us work hard for our victories on every single season. The speed thing is an old one, I already knew this and I still payed the game over and over. The catch up thing was here as well for a couple years, everybody hated that, but still played the game... Now I remember of PES getting old after some seasons in ML, because I had such a great team, strong, fast etc, that I was unbeatable... booooring!

Now, we know there´s a code that stops us from winning every match, no matter what team you have. Is it realistic? No, for sure not the best choice, but they can´t code a realistic defense yet these days, so I´ll buy this option every day, rather than have a game that gets too easy and old after a couple seasons. I also remember people playing WE9, because it´s simply the best balanced game ever. Yeah right, then when you notice, we´re using some famous option file that actually reduced the speed of all faster players and other stats as well, to make it less easy. Funny isn´t it?

Fifa actually has fast players better represented, but I have no fun with it, because it does worse things to make the game harder. Easier levels are a run fest, harder levels are a mind f%$k fest. I simply can´t cope with all the things it does to make you loose. And I won´t even start talking about the tiki taka fest plague from the recent years.

So yea, right now, PES is still the best overall option around. Sorry for the comparison but I couldn´t avoid, it´s just like sometimes we talk like there´s a good option out there, but there´s not. This is all we have right now. There are things to improve, and in the end, all I care is how the game feels.

Damn!, people didn´t even noticed this on the pitch until someone proved it. Now the game sucks. come on!

You're right fuck it . ..I'll get the game and enjoy it.

Do you have to install the live update each time you go into versus mode in order to get the transfers?

I have cristianos option file on and applying the live update loses the german teams players, but if I don't I do not get the summers transfers the other teams

I always thought that you did the live update once and then stop it activating everytime you play versus mode.

PES 5 (Xbox)
C.Ronaldo - 13s~
G.Neville - 14s~

PES 6 (Xbox 360)
Saha - 14s~
G.Neville - 15s~

PES 2008 (Xbox 360)
C.Ronaldo - 14s~
Bardsley - 15s~

Winning Eleven 2009 (PS3)
From halfway line because the CPU wouldn't leave me alone, on beginner!
C.Ronaldo - 7s~
G.Neville - 8s~

PES 2010 (PS3)
Nani - 13s~
G.Neville - 14s~

PES 2011 (PS3)
Nani - 15s~
Dudgeon - 16s~

PES 2012 (PS3)
Nani - 14s~
Scholes - 15s~

PES 2013 (Xbox 360)
From the half way line again..
Nani - 8s~
Cleverly - 9s~

PES 2014 (Xbox 360)
Valencia (dribble speed 92) - 16s~
Varela (dribble speed 78) - 16s~
Vidic (dribble speed 72) - 16s~

Double tap run
Valencia - 15s~
Varela - 15s~
Vidic - 15s~

PES 2015 (PS4)
Switched to Chelsea because no more speedy United players.
M.Salah (drib speed 92) - 15s~
Fabregas (drib speed 74) - 15s~
Blackman (drib speed 58) - 15s~

Double tap run
M.Salah - 15s~
Fabregas - 15s~
Blackman - 15s~

PES 2016 (PS4)
Hazard - 14s~
Terry - 14s~

Double tap run
Hazard - 14s~
Terry - 14s~

PES 2017 (PS4)
Hazard - 15s~
Terry - 15s~
(15.3 vs 15.6, very minimal)

Double tap run
Hazard - 16s
Terry -17s

PES 2018 (PS4)
Back to United!
Rashford - 14s~
Fellaini - 14s~
(14.4 vs 14.9, minimal)

Double tap run
Rashford - 14.8s
Fellaini - 15.1
(Very minimal again)

So there you have it.

Conclusion
We have 2 periods to look at; pre 2014 and post 2014. Pre 2014 the difference in speeds between a very quick player (90s drib speed) and a slow one (70s drib speed) is between 1s - 1.5s. From PES 2014 onwards, hardly any difference. In fact, PES 14, 15 and 16 there were no differences. 2017 and 2018 have very minimal differences.

Verdict
Yes, pre PES 2014 stats mattered more than 2014 onwards. The difference in speeds has been reduced to how far the ball travels from the foot. So the quicker the player, the closer the ball would travel from the player, and the slower he is, obviously, the further away it goes.

And that, as they say, is that.

I hope we put this to rest now. Pass it on to @officialpes if you like.

One can only admire the effort you put into this. You are true PES fan, as we all are. this is part of the problem.
The biggest fans are always the biggest critics.

Another verdict I have come to Pre and post post PES 6 is that, those days we used to look at the positives about PES and not the negatives, now we ignore the positives and only focus on the negatives. (trust me, pre PS3 days there were plenty negatives, despite how much we like to fable the past).

I went on a hike once with my dad, from the start i was complaining; about the steepness, the rocks, the sun, the heat, my shoes.
He said to me, why don't you just stop complaining, accept and enjoy the what you are doing, you'll be a happier person. I did and I was happier.

In life if we look for something we'll always find it, if you look for negatives you'll always find it in anything. Same goes for positives.

This is a forum, i have no right to tell people what to say and think, so I won't. But I will make a suggestion.

I see so much frustration on here and it makes me sad. If you accept the game for its fault and enjoy the good stuff, you'll all be happy. And that's what i want for all the people on this forum, people that i've been married to longer than my wife :-)

Back
Top Bottom