PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I wonder if you had added whichever team you play with in the masterleague as a rival club in edit mode would that result in more fouls. I normally play as Man Utd and whenever I play Liverpool its always a tough match with more fouls and a few yellow cards

If anthing, the Brazil vs Germany match is only showing how absolutely important is fouls/refs.

I hardly see any player falling down after a normal stand tackle, in PES players only stumble at best, wich is rodiculous considering we are living an era football in wich diving to decieve the refs became a hobby for many players, including high level skilled players like Neymar.

Pressure from behind on a run should result on a falling/total balance lose, specialy on light weighted players like Neymar who also like to dive.

Normal

Standing standing tackles should also result on player goind down if the marker hits the foorest. In both situations the refs can call a foul.

But I dont see any of these situations happening on PES in a long time. It used to happen in PES5/WE9.

You don't really get much choice. I liked the R stick control for defending (from 14). If you push/pull shirts, or double touch it to barge, fouls are called.

What I mean to say is, I want to see fouls. And I want to be in control of the details - when to make a foul, when to back off. Having just X and [], really gives us no control of what we can ask the players to do, while we are going against them body-to-body. I want to make all the decisions myself. And I want to be punished with fouls for making the wrong decisions. One day, I hope...

You don't really get much choice. I liked the R stick control for defending (from 14). If you push/pull shirts, or double touch it to barge, fouls are called.

What I mean to say is, I want to see fouls. And I want to be in control of the details - when to make a foul, when to back off. Having just X and [], really gives us no control of what we can ask the players to do, while we are going against them body-to-body. I want to make all the decisions myself. And I want to be punished with fouls for making the wrong decisions. One day, I hope...

:WORSHIP: great post.
really doubt we will ever see that but it would be fantastic

I wonder if you had added whichever team you play with in the masterleague as a rival club in edit mode would that result in more fouls. I normally play as Man Utd and whenever I play Liverpool its always a tough match with more fouls and a few yellow cards
Yep, it made a difference in PES2016. I would get hacked to bits by teams who were assigned as rivals both ways.

Lack of fouls is because of two things.

1. The core issue which is still there from last year regarding lack of momentum carried into collisions which will cause fouls.

2. Tactics, you could get fouls happening even in PES 2016 when team played in a more aggressive or compact style.

The core needs to be looked at here, i don't want PES 5 essentially where you start getting fouls for the sake of it but what we see there much room for improvement.

Pro-Evolution-Soccer-2016_20160523170243.jpg

player attributes are the pinnacle of importance in a football game but are overlooked in PES today.

passing with Fàbregas should give better results than passing with John Obi Mikel.

shooting with Diego Costa should have more power and accuracy than shooting with Victor Moses.

air battles should be won more often by players with higher jump/ball winning attributes.

this is how every player will feel different but the dumb idea of assists and manual control kills it.

if konami would make PES this way it would be grand!

Watch Neymar's free kick today and remember that a game sponsoring him has no fouls for him to replicate this. Sad

Fuck posts like these are beginning to grate my balls

There are free kicks you can win them but not as much as a real life but it's video game. Would you like me to share a video on 2016 with you proving this? OK let's wait till demo day and hope and see but please don't spread this as fact.

Fifa guys are special these days.

player attributes are the pinnacle of importance in a football game but are overlooked in PES today.

passing with Fàbregas should give better results than passing with John Obi Mikel.

shooting with Diego Costa should have more power and accuracy than shooting with Victor Moses.

air battles should be won more often by players with higher jump/ball winning attributes.

this is how every player will feel different but the dumb idea of assists and manual control kills it.

PES has lots of personality in players and teams and this is glaringly obvious in PES of you played master league another favorite misconception these days.

Yep I played Derby against Chelsea on PES 2016 would you like to see the video of the red card in the opening minute and bookings in that match defo saved the red think I have the foul count.

Yep I played Derby against Chelsea on PES 2016 would you like to see the video of the red card in the opening minute and bookings in that match defo saved the red think I have the foul count.

You tell them zee. . . fuckin open season on Pes 2017 and they didn't even play the demo yet. I'd love to see footage from one of your games zee.

It's also what makes a game feel different each and every other matches too.

Lol..people are in bits because they think the cpu doesn't make tackles or fouls based on videos..

Honestly,even if the game was perfect,there would be comments like the keepers gloves are to big or said player has the wrong hairstyle..

Defo want to try the demo..but I'm satisfied with what I've seen.
Dont make it sound as if they dont have right to complain yes there are glaring issues with the fouls because so many barges and standing tackles are not given resulting in u losing posession unfairly while u should get a foul...this is s glaring issue

With respect Banksy's view on fouls could be a massive issue. If the majority of PES players don't mind the constant pass and move play end to end with no break in play then it won't be addressed. Same as other major issues that people just accept. I don't understand it as it's a key part of football.

They happen but no where near enough..in over 50 games I saw evra get sent off within 4 mins of kick off for 2 bookable tackles..how the game operates 99% of time I call a glitch on that time as I've never seen it before or after

I liked that too.
It was a cool feature which they should have continued to work on.

But they took it out and advertised it on PES 2015 that the R-stick switching players was back.

Another example that they shouldn´t have listened to the fans.

Player switching worked with L1 + R-stick, but only after the latest patches.
Before it was horribly programmed.
They should have kept that.

Bah I am not going to waste my time with you lot. :LOL:
Starting to feel the same way.
They keep moving in circles, complaining about the one thing that seems to be missing.
Which isn't missing but they don't think it's enough.
My boys feel the same way about their game collection.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Bah I am not going to waste my time with you lot. :LOL:
i played a whole master league season i never had not even 1 penalty, can t u see the glaring issues????!!! not even one barge inside the area is a penalty , as if the cpu is perfect with interception and god given that he can intercept every ball without a foul...

i played a whole master league season i never had not even 1 penalty, can t u see the glaring issues????!!! not even one barge inside the area is a penalty , as if the cpu is perfect with interception and god given that he can intercept every ball without a foul...

Last night,France vs Croatia..cpu barges one of my midfielders and is yellow carded.

Have it on my ps4 recorded if you want to see it..

Not enough in 16,but the cpu does commit fouls.

It's a great year when you know all the other game fans have only cpu foul rate to pick up on.Zees right,the Fifa boys have been trying to nail this point since they saw how pants the ai in Fifa is this year.

Last edited:
Last night,France vs Croatia..cpu barges one of my midfielders and is yellow carded.

Have it on my ps4 recorded of you want to see it..

is that a 1 penalty in 40 matches... lol, how impressive, bro i love pes dont get me wrong, i like pes 2016 for all its faults, but the glaring issue with the fouls i just cant stand it, when i play offline vs a friend he knew it, and he started abusing the barging and tackling and i ended up feeling on the unfair end since he was winning the balls by barging my players and taking the ball and referee not even saying a single word, this is too much...

Have it on my ps4 recorded of you want to see it..

You saw a yellow card in one game last night so the game has no foul issues?

That doesn't equal a game that simulates reality, does it... How many games have 0-1 yellow cards (let alone red cards) nowadays?

I understand you're sick of hearing this, but that's just how it looks from your perspective, because from my perspective, as someone who wants to see them take on board completely valid criticism, I'm sick of seeing it brushed under the carpet just because you like the rest of the game (and that's fine, I like the rest of the game too).

The CPU is programmed to tackle perfectly within the rules of the game, and unfortunately this leads to very few misjudgements, which every game of football has in reality. Every single one.

I understand people are sick of hearing it but if we are seen to be saying "well I saw a yellow card for the CPU last night so I'm sure I'll get one again within 5 games" then anyone Konami-related reading this forum will think "okay, we don't have an issue there then".

I truly believe that's why dozens of issues in PES haven't been fixed (or tweaked) over the years - or why some have taken so long to be acknowledged. Because there's so many PES-buyers who say "yeah but the game is so good otherwise so ssshhh". Yes, it is, but let's hear the good and the bad - and just because you feel like all you read is the bad, doesn't make that true. That's your perspective because you sit on the other side of the fence.

Have you ever had a penalty? I think I've had one in the Euros mode. Does that mean penalties don't need fixing because I've had one once?

If we're vocal about it, there's a chance they could patch it to fix it.

Can we not all unite on this and see the game improve?

Last edited:

You tell them zee. . . fuckin open season on Pes 2017 and they didn't even play the demo yet. I'd love to see footage from one of your games zee.

Jeez I didn't make one complaint I just offered a possible solution for people that wanted a more aggressive game and I wouldn't complain about a video of a demo of a not yet released game. If the refs are fixed I think there will be more fouls in 2017 as my main issue with with 16 was the cpu doing the same foul as I would but getting punished less or not at all. I'm not trying to be a dick here but for the people saying that they get alot of fouls on 16 and it depends on how you play it could someone post a video or an explanation on how to do this and put the argument to bed.

That doesn't equal a game that simulates reality, does it... How many games have 0-1 yellow cards (let alone red cards) nowadays?

I understand you're sick of hearing this, but that's just how it looks from your perspective, because from my perspective, as someone who wants to see them take on board completely valid criticism, I'm sick of seeing it brushed under the carpet just because you like the rest of the game (and that's fine, I like the rest of the game too).

The CPU is programmed to tackle perfectly within the rules of the game, and unfortunately this leads to very few misjudgements, which every game of football has in reality. Every single one.

I understand people are sick of hearing it but if we are seen to be saying "well I saw a yellow card for the CPU last night so I'm sure I'll get one again within 5 games" then anyone Konami-related reading this forum will think "okay, we don't have an issue there then".

I truly believe that's why dozens of issues in PES haven't been fixed (or tweaked) over the years - or why some have taken so long to be acknowledged. Because there's so many PES-buyers who say "yeah but the game is so good otherwise so ssshhh". Yes, it is, but let's hear the good and the bad - and just because you feel like all you read is the bad, doesn't make that true. That's your perspective because you sit on the other side of the fence.

Have you ever had a penalty? I think I've had one in the Euros mode. Does that mean penalties don't need fixing because I've had one once?

i agree totally, fifa has got the fouls thingy down right and i like how the foul system works and breaks up play.

I've stated from the beginning there's not enough and that the refs generally in pes16 aren't right..We all no this!

Want to play the demo first before I start crying into my cornflakes..

This isnt fanboyism,its being objective and I want hard copy in my hands.

Last edited:
i agree totally, fifa has got the fouls thingy down right and i like how the foul system works and breaks up play.
FIFA doesn't have to come into it. If PES is a football game, there needs to be misjudgements by the AI when it comes to tackles. I've only ever seen that once in a blue moon, or in derby matches (as pointed out above) - but even then, the fouls aren't misjudgements, they're deliberate.

Wrong thread buddy, we are talking about the game that owns the pitch not the one that owns the licenses. ;)

I've stated from the beginning there's not enough and that the refs generally in pes16 aren't right..We all no this!

Want to play the demo first before I start crying into my cornflakes..

This is fanboyism its being objective and I want hard copy in my hands.
You say this right after saying you had a yellow card in 2016 and implying there's no problem. There's a problem. If the game is trying to emulate football, there's a problem.

The demo is going to be the same code we've seen videos of, which has shown over and over that the AI doesn't foul.

But you know what's coming then... "Wait for the full game before saying it's a problem"...

Wrong thread buddy, we are talking about the game that owns the pitch not the one that owns the licenses. ;)

i'm only saying the only good thing that comes from the other game, is the foul system XD, don't worry i am A PES man

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom