PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Zero AI fouls in that one. This much is now certain: refs are not 'fixed' in PES2017 at all.

I'm fascinated as to what the summertime playtesters who told us the opposite have to say about it all.

Obviously we know exactly what happened: the playtesters all just played each other in multiplayer, where of course there are fouls galore.

But I just wonder if any of them are even a little bit remorseful that by coming back and trumpeting 'refs are fixed now!' they created an air of false expectancy.
I just don't think there was enough noise about fouls and some comments regarding AI fouls were they were fine and also constant low shots via AI one comment I read actually says that makes the AI smart.

The majority of PES players clearly don't want a football sim if that can ever actually be achieved..I'll try the demo next week but the lack of fouls still and some of the quick passing I've seen and perfect dribbling just kills it for me ..fair play I'd others like it , it's all about getting your money's worth

Lack of fouls, lot's of goals, dodgy keepers all still in full flow the more videos I watch of this game. There's also next to no build up play, you can get from one end to another in 3 passes (just like a basketball match)

I'm starting to think it's all smoke and mirrors now. Let's see how real the adaptive a.i is.

I'm still confused by people that say that pes is more of a simulation. It's arcade in my opinion (and has been for a long time), I get more enjoyment out of it than Fifa but I'd say Fifa 16 was certainly more of a "sim" than pes 2016 was.

The more I watch of Fifa 17 the more shit I think that looks too. Maybe I'm just very picky as there seems to be lot's of people impressed by both of these games.

Anyway at least I'll have a better idea of what PES 2017 is like when the demo hits next week....

Last edited:
Lack of fouls, lot's of goals, dodgy keepers all still in full flow the more videos I watch of this game. There's also next to no build up play, you can get from one end to another in 3 passes (just like a basketball match)

I'm starting to think it's all smoke and mirrors now. Let's see how real the adaptive a.i is.

I'm still confused by people that say that pes is more of a simulation. It's arcade in my opinion (and has been for a long time), I get more enjoyment out of it than Fifa but I'd say Fifa 16 was certainly more of a "sim" than pes 2016 was.

Anyway at least I'll have a better idea of what PES 2017 is like when the demo hits next week....

Human vs human it actually is quite a Sim. For me that's more import in the online gaming age .. It's good, but vs CPU it feels a little bit soulless as the CPU is doing some dodgy stuff and it feels like the CPU is reacting very similar in common situations ..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Trust me there has been lots or noise about fouls.

I noticed on PES 2016 that there were plenty of fouls but it depends on how you played. If you took the AI on you had to win Free kicks.

I don't think this is the right way. The AI is too perfect at passing, shooting and tackling on superstar difficulty. Pity it still seems prevalent and means I will have to play on top player again. Just hope it's not too easy as is the case on PES 2016

Human vs human it actually is quite a Sim. For me that's more import in the online gaming age .. It's good, but vs CPU it feels a little bit soulless as the CPU is doing some dodgy stuff and it feels like the CPU is reacting very similar in common situations ..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The thing is I only play offline. I buy both games and tend to do career mode and master league.

Despite what I've said I'm still buying both games as I only play those games so buy two games a year pretty much.

I might be surprised by the adaptive a.i, if that is noticeable it will certainly make master league interesting.

At the very least pes 2017 doesn't look worse than pes 2016 so I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it, but I've been watching so many videos of the game (I probably shouldn't have) and I'm just starting to spot lots of things I don't like, or that haven't changed.

Zero AI fouls in that one. This much is now certain: refs are not 'fixed' in PES2017 at all.

I'm fascinated as to what the summertime playtesters who told us the opposite have to say about it all.

Obviously we know exactly what happened: the playtesters all just played each other in multiplayer, where of course there are fouls galore.

But I just wonder if any of them are even a little bit remorseful that by coming back and trumpeting 'refs are fixed now!' they created an air of false expectancy.

You are right. They all played against each other almost exclusively:

At leats refs dont ignore normal tackled fouls in player against player match,'but thats not enogh.

Even on those videos I saw some refs mistakes. Refs dont ever give a direct red card. On that Corinthians vs Barcelona video Neymar was slde tackled from behind, it should be a red card. it seems like red card is only given after the second yellow card or on last man foul.

Unfortunetly we wont still see gamee with very few fouls against CPU, wich is sad because thats something the game got right in the past.

We've been vocal about fouls vs AI for a long time now., The reason isn't that we want a sim game and we want the perfect game as some deluded people claim here.

The reason is that it's fun to score from freekicks on the edge of the area, It's a beautiful sight in football. As well as the fact that set pieces are a powerful tool in the modern game.

As for the argument that it affects the flow of the game, Give us a ref harshness slider, It's not that hard really.

Fact of the matter is that this is a topic that upsets their media officers, who actually got their jobs by betraying the community that made them who they are.

Have we got to the "It's just a game" phase yet?

For me, a footy game is always about 1vs1 or 2vs2 primary.
A game which show his true nature when you play against an human opponent, but vs IA is still important... Especially when you get older.

We and our friends have less time, less available.
Online is a good alternative, now everyone plays it, but it's not as lively... And there's no 'lag" concern or whatever else, all was directly done.

I'm missing those old good days :(
Even an average/bad PES like PES 4 seemed good in terms of sensations, because scoring an important goal versus a friend or on a unnplanned little tournament. It was the golden age, not because PES was upper good, but for the context

I remember we doing a championship with 16-18 differents teams, and 2-3 matchs per week, every sundays.
From PES1 to PES6, it lasted 6 years, without counting Iss Pro others tournaments...

For me, a footy game is always about 1vs1 or 2vs2 primary.
A game which show his true nature when you play against an human opponent, but vs IA is still important... Especially when you get older.

We and our friends have less time, less available.
Online is a good alternative, now everyone plays it, but it's not as lively... And there's no 'lag" concern or whatever else, all was directly done.

I'm missing those old good days :(
Even an average/bad PES like PES 4 seemed good in terms of sensations, because scoring an important goal versus a friend or on a unnplanned little tournament. It was the golden age, not because PES was upper good, but for the context

I remember we doing a championship with 16-18 differents teams, and 2-3 matchs per week, every sundays.
From PES1 to PES6, it lasted 6 years, without counting Iss Pro others tournaments...

really miss those days.

Acctually when set to "similiar settings" its not that hard at all to find others how play manual passing, that scene grew a bit with PES 2016 since PA 1 was so assisted.

The community was very vocal about the lack of fouls.
I haven't got a single penalty while playing PES2016. Not a single one...

What i don't understand is the fact that people who played the E3-build were adamant that there were enough fouls (some of the people B-man makes podcasts with). I sincerely think those people have balanced and less or more objective (nobody is totally objective) opinieonderzoek. What happened?

When I watch more video I wonder is it the pace and precision passing combined to the amount of space players have contributing to the lack of fouls..they don't seem to have the ball long enough near an opponent

Acctually when set to "similiar settings" its not that hard at all to find others how play manual passing, that scene grew a bit with PES 2016 since PA 1 was so assisted.

This is true. Except on myclub

Confession time..... As much as I dislike that Konami seems to focus alot of energy in this mode and I know it's at the expense of the offline guys - I am seriously addicted to myclub I had a squad of over a 100 world class players.

On myclub for 2016 I used to play the AI mostly comps to get money for the ball spins

I am so ashamed....

I played alot of weekly myclub comps online as well and the game has been exceptionally bad in this respect rewarding counter attacking long ball spamming from deep or guys kicking the crap out of you or stealing the ball when you trying to instigate slower game by playing short passes from the back and slow the game down but the knobs seem to have their toenails dug into the floor board trying to score as quick as possible rather than playing a good game of football

I hope konami addres these issues but I know there is not going to be a perfect game that is going to tick every single box. These knobs that you meet more than you do a decent player will complain about how broken the game is if they cannot exploit.

Anything these days that requires patience, thought or practice is not easily accepted and perceived as flawed

Last edited:

Confession time..... As much as I dislike that Konami seems to focus alot of energy in this mode and I know it's at the expense of the offline guys - I am seriously addicted to myclub I had a squad of over a 100 world class players.

On myclub for 2016 I used to play the AI mostly comps to get money for the ball spins

I am so ashamed....

I played alot of weekly myclub comps online as well and the game has been exceptionally bad in this respect rewarding counter attacking long ball spamming from deep or guys kicking the crap out of you or stealing the ball when you trying to instigate slower game by playing short passes from the back and slow the game down but the knobs seem to have their toenails dug into the floor board trying to score as quick as possible rather than playing a good game of football

I hope konami addres these issues but I know there is not going to be a perfect game that is going to tick every single box. These knobs that you meet more than you do a decent player will complain about how broken the game is if they cannot exploit.

Anything these days that requires patience, thought or practice is not easily accepted and perceived as flawed

A shocking revelation . .a secret myclubber!

for all you guys looking to download the demo asap, have a look at the NZ store! i downloaded the demo last year over there! pretty sure its gonna be out there first!

edit:
gp from a guy i know from another gaming forum (thx crack_king):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtOVDz9qtjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntVb64ZTC8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-vcHTYcUj0

in a nutshell: he did not like pes2016 and 17 still has some anoying niggles but its better than 2016 he said! animations transition is better and overall the game looks better. fifa is his choice for a couple of years now, but he's checking on PES every year too.

Why IN THE WORLD does the game look so much better when captured off-screen? Colors look a lot more vibrant and alive! Then you see the "official" HQ captured gameplay videos and everything looks so pale from the gameplay camera.

I am so ashamed....

Yeah your'e right, I meant for Online Divisions. I don't play MyClub but it would be great if there were a system rewarding people playing with manual controls when facing more assisted players.

Anyway, Online Div with manual controls is really fun in Pes 2016. Also, people tend to play with lesser teams as well.

I'm gonna try to play with PA 1 online when 2017 hits but if nothing drastic has happened from 2016 I guess I'm back with manual controls pretty fast...

Yeah your'e right, I meant for Online Divisions. I don't play MyClub but it would be great if there were a system rewarding people playing with manual controls when facing more assisted players.

Anyway, Online Div with manual controls is really fun in Pes 2016. Also, people tend to play with lesser teams as well.

I'm gonna try to play with PA 1 online when 2017 hits but if nothing drastic has happened from 2016 I guess I'm back with manual controls pretty fast...

Yeah I added a few friends who play superb football and made a few enemies online.

@deco :COAT:

Fouls I can deal with, the game is such a short sample size that 1-2 fouls per team is about right on a 10 minute game, give or take. And in general I found that to be the case, occasionally id have 0, sometimes 4 or 5... it wasnt perfect as alot went unnoticed, but you could draw a foul in 16.

The AI/CPU attacking/shot variety killed the immersion for me, so if thats not resolved and the AI keeps going low corner, then ill be disappointed.

Also the giving up of the middle of the park, it was like the AI didnt play the situation ahead of it, just a standard script of 'im player A, i need to be in X position if the ball is in Y' rather than, 'if I let that player run past me, he is clear in on goal'.

Im hopeful like alot of people.

Give us a ref harshness slider, It's not that hard really.

cbda3a61409f80ac90a4681f5c287df1_400x400.jpeg

Would solve a lot of issues:D :D :D

let's be honest , this game Should be called pes2016.5 , i see nothing new in this , they add some animation and worked on the GK a little bit , in term of graphic they add some effects (easy to do) and they sale it as pes2017 .
where they fix the REF exactly ?zero fouls by the AI ,zero.

what about the passing?why every pass goes perfectly to the player feet ? even Mertesacker can turn like messi and pass like pirlo

i have no problem with that but when they sale it at full price it's a shame .

Last edited:
let's be honest , this game Should be called pes2016.5 , i see nothing new in this , they add some animation and worked on the GK a little bit , in term of graphic they add some effects (easy to do) and they sale it as pes2017 .

what about the passing?why every pass goes perfectly to the player feet ? even Mertesacker can turn like messi and pass like pirlo

PES2016.5 PES4/XBO £19.99

PES2016.1 PC/PS3/XB360 £9.99

More realistic

:LOL:

This.

Thats actually my major gripe since PES 2015.
I wonder why passing stats dont come in to play here.
Like for example those perfect passes to the players feet only can be performed by players with a higher low pass stat.
And by players with a lower stat the ball would miss its target for a few centimeters or so and the receiver would have to stretch his foot out or make a side step to get the ball.
It would look much more dynamic like that.
Whats the passing stat good for right now?

On the other hand I see so many positives in most of the vids that I guess I can over look that passing issue.

Bulshit. I see U still angry for Konami because they didn't hire You:))

The trouble is not refs...its the AI...it does not attempt tackles...Also u can pass at the back with no pressure whatsoever on superstar...Take a 1 0 lead and pass at the back...AI is not fixed in pes 2017...One it does not foul..two you can easily play at the back after a lead..it kills the game....so only option is to play my club..as in online division u l have to play barca 1739 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom