PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I hope I haven't come off as negative, that's never been my M.O. I've always looked at the positive side of things, but lately it seems that there needs to be more education given to what look like obvious issues.

I do not think there is any harms in that when you are constructive. Some of it is mind-boggling, so I will have a laugh at it, but it doesn't mean I'm not hyped up for the PES 2017. Heck, I'm hyped because it's another year, and PES is still at it - and I've got another game to look forward to. My hype doesn't come from the game out of the box, it comes from the game out of the box + the sure edits I will have to make.

I never expect a company to get anything right out of the box. They have far too many compromises to make for arcade vs sim gamers. I get that. What I can do in the meantime is observe and report what I'm seeing, whether that reaches the powers that be, or a small percentage, then that only gives more chance for a possibility of the game improving.

I have been invested in this mindset for 15 years, even the glory days of PES4-PES6 weren't perfect to me, which is why I started globally adjusting player ratings in the first place.

As I said, and have said throughout this thread, I'm optimistic. Optimistic because the fact another PES is out, and it may provide enough options for me to sink into with my fellow sim gamers.

Hasnt this been posted yet ?

Best PES 2017 video Ive seen. Guys play in a (lot) more realistic way. The one playing as France defend proerly, keeping midfielders well positioned instead pressuring of chasing the ball like crazy. Imo thats what makes most video (along with high passing asssistance, of course) unrealistic.

https://youtu.be/svF6LM5pJXI

Last edited:
It could be the video but the ball when dribbling just doesn't look free enough ..players are switch directions so quickly and the ball looks to be glued at the feet at times ..passing is way to accurate and too fast for my liking

Hasnt this been posted yet ?

Best PES 2017 video Ive seen. Guys play in a (lot) more realistic way. The one playing as France defend proerly, keeping midfielders well positioned instead pressuring of chasing the ball like crazy. Imo thats what makes most video (along with high passing asssistance, of course) unrealistic.

https://youtu.be/svF6LM5pJXI

you meant properly right?

cause the guy using France defends great

Fantastic find

Thats the type of video I was waiting for, a video that comfirms my suspect that this game will be very, very fun on manual when played properly.

My only concern is CPU AI variety and apperant lack of fouls in some vs CPU videos. If these two aspects aren bad this year, at least offline this game will be very good. I can feel it already.

As soon as I read someone use the word 'Goliath', I move on to the next post.

:BOP::BOP: all aboard!!!!
looks like i am gonna have a blast this year.

wonder how the Goliath brothers are gonna try and dissect these two new videos.

Is that really necessary naming the other game all the time?
Can't we just discuss PES here without taking comparisons to "goliath" (who the fuck started this anyway?)?

A comment like these always derails the thread.

Just sayin.

I liked that vid either.
Wonder if there will be a 2nd part.
About lazer guided bullshit:

Would really love to know what pass levels had been used in that videos.
I hope its not like that with level 1 for example.

I hope for news about leagues,will there be a D2 league plus one more league to edit in 17?
Will the D2 Leauge be Serie B?
Fun with vids,but other news would be welcomed as well

I think that's level 1

Do you also feel it's too accurate?

In fact, yes.
Thats something I dont like since PES 2015.
The ball physics on passing and the fact that it exactly hits the spot wher the player stands.

I dont like the way the ball rolls on the ground.
Except for 4:15.
The pass looks a lot better and more natural there, so is the ball physics.

But I guess I have to live with it as it wont change and there are many other aspects I like about the vids.
Need to play it myself though.

Probably manual is the way to go for me then.

What makes you think it could be Level 1?

Really good videos..ai across the board is so much better,there's not the delays or such big micro pauses when defenders are shrugged off the ball...

Player recovery when the ball is lost in dangerous situations looks so much better as well as recovering much quicker to plug holes or when you loose possession of the ball.

I don't mind that it's assisted as its not a mode I use and i personally find 16 so much better on unassisted(personal choice).

You can see the progression from 16 and everything looks so much more solid..

Last edited:
This one is new to me as well

https://youtu.be/xVxhhsVuGeE

Just watched first half and so far it looks pretty good. Really like Atl. madrid (CPU) defends here, almost all men behind the very well organized.

Refs made some mistakes tho. Messi should get a red card and there was a foul aroun 8:00 that Atl Madrid was on a counter, wich should be a yellow card according to Fira rules, but ref didint even called a foul.

Just watched first half and so far it looks pretty good. Really like Atl. madrid (CPU) defends here, almost all men behind the very well organized.

Refs made some mistakes tho. Messi should get a red card and there was a foul aroun 8:00 that Atl Madrid was on a counter, wich should be a yellow card according to Fira rules, but ref didint even called a foul.

I'm hoping with have all the extremes in 17..The really lenient and Carlos from the old days that would blow up for everything..

Certainly would add a deeper tactical element.

I'm hoping with have all the extremes in 17..The really lenient and Carlos from the old days that would blow up for everything..

Certainly would add a deeper tactical element.

Is there an official source for this idea that there will be different levels of refereeing strictness? And if so, just how strict are the strict ones supposed to be? I think most football gamers nowadays regard 2-3 fouls per side per 10-minute match as being enough. I don't. 8 per side would be more like it.People forget that a proper fouling threshold discourages the kind of free-for-all football that looks so terrible in most multiplayer games, and is wrecking single-player year on year. I wince every time I see the word 'fun' applied to Pro Evo, as it clearly means fast and frenetic and all that awful stuff. 'Fun' is not something we ever used to say about PES 'back in the old days'. FIFA was considered fun, back then, but it was not a compliment.

Last edited:
France has 74% pass accuracy and Germany 89% how you can make a blanket statement that passing is too accurate is beyond me.

I think it's the animation that makes it look too accurate, laser guided, or what ever they call it. The ball goes really fast and straight between passes (probably because it's a YT video). In rainy games the pace of the ball looks nice, I'll probably lower the gamespeed and I think it will look ok.

Shit, one more year only bottom corner goals from CPU :SHOCK:

What are you talking about? Even on PES 2016 (last patch) they have variety. The only thing missing is high shots from dribbling situations.

Good find. This shows how the game should be played and what most of us here will probably approach the game. In the end it's a video game, you have the control to play it however you want.

I also heard this from a youtuber. He said the game felt more assisted in PESDAY 2 compared to PESDAY 1. And he confirmed this to Asim who then said that the demo will be more freely like the earlier build. The youtuber is either lely or pesep, don't quit remember.

Is there an official source for this idea that there will be different levels of refereeing strictness? And if so, just how strict are the strict ones supposed to be? I think most football gamers nowadays regard 2-3 fouls per side per 10-minute match as being enough. I don't. 8 per side would be more like it.People forget that a proper fouling threshold discourages the kind of free-for-all football that looks so terrible in most multiplayer games, and is wrecking single-player year on year. I wince every time I see the word 'fun' applied to Pro Evo, as it clearly means fast and frenetic and all that awful stuff. 'Fun' is not something we ever used to say about PES 'back in the old days'. FIFA was considered fun, back then, but it was not a compliment.

Referee strictness in PES had always been varied from match to match. But many people don't call it variation but inconsistency. I remember back in the old pes day I really hated the japanese/chinese referee who was so damn strict.

I hope I haven't come off as negative, that's never been my M.O. I've always looked at the positive side of things, but lately it seems that there needs to be more education given to what look like obvious issues.

I do not think there is any harms in that when you are constructive. Some of it is mind-boggling, so I will have a laugh at it, but it doesn't mean I'm not hyped up for the PES 2017. Heck, I'm hyped because it's another year, and PES is still at it - and I've got another game to look forward to. My hype doesn't come from the game out of the box, it comes from the game out of the box + the sure edits I will have to make.

I never expect a company to get anything right out of the box. They have far too many compromises to make for arcade vs sim gamers. I get that. What I can do in the meantime is observe and report what I'm seeing, whether that reaches the powers that be, or a small percentage, then that only gives more chance for a possibility of the game improving.

I have been invested in this mindset for 15 years, even the glory days of PES4-PES6 weren't perfect to me, which is why I started globally adjusting player ratings in the first place.

As I said, and have said throughout this thread, I'm optimistic. Optimistic because the fact another PES is out, and it may provide enough options for me to sink into with my fellow sim gamers.

A lot of things you talk about Matt in your recent posts and video analysis are issues that are easily addressed even in pes16.

Having your defensive line set to the 4 bar leaves you less wide open,makes it so much easier to control your defence and keep the opposition from easily turning your players and getting in behind you..You will feel as solid as a rock.

You also have to lower aggression that way you have the control of how much players press and theres not that constant movement while not in possession.Your feel more solid stepping into the ball.Makes a difference.

That's the beauty of pes16,you can customise the tactics to your exact style of play..It's not elaborate nor do you have to spend hours tweaking sliders.

Pes 16 plays like a completely different game when you adjust the simplest of things..but that's not to say if you want to play high stakes,high line,aggressive while not in possession then you have that option.(your just more exposed and open when play does break down..

Patched 16 plays like a dream if you hit the G of the code..it's just brought down by bad keepers at times,a lack of a solid referee,because they do make calls and scripting that makes defenders freeze on the higher levels.

Unassisted is also the way to go..

Glad your more positive and maybe try patched 16 with a few tweaks of your own..

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed in the videos is that stamina still drops way to much (e.g. Ozil's stamina is at 0 by half time in the video on this page). Some people say this is realistic because it means you can't sprint around all match. I would agree except in 2016 even if you never touch sprint your team will still be tired by 60 minutes because your teammate AI will make the other 9 players you aren't controlling sprint a lot.

This really killed my enjoyment of 2016 more than anything, having to rotate every other game is a bummer.

One thing I've noticed in the videos is that stamina still drops way to much (e.g. Ozil's stamina is at 0 by half time in the video on this page). Some people say this is realistic because it means you can't sprint around all match. I would agree except in 2016 even if you never touch sprint your team will still be tired by 60 minutes because your teammate AI will make the other 9 players you aren't controlling sprint a lot.

This really killed my enjoyment of 2016 more than anything, having to rotate every other game is a bummer.

Actually in pes 2016 some people tested that you can still sprint full speed even if your stamina bar is empty, hope they've fixed that in 2017

Back
Top Bottom