Pes 2012: Best Difficulty for Offline Gameplay

R

Review

After many games and much testing I have concluded that the most challenging difficulty this year is 'Superstar'. The computer really makes you pay for mistakes (badly placed passes and miss time tackles). The GK`s make less mistakes on this level as well. They are a lot more consistent, though I won`t be surprised if a see a howler once in a while. If its in the game, its in the game. ;)) However, 'Top Player' is challenging and fun as well.

I'm very disappointed with the gameplay this year. The teams aren't using different playing styles. It looks like the top teams are only more accurate with the basics. I can outplay Barca with Tiki-taka on Top Player with any poor team. 60+ percentage possession of the ball, at least 2 goals scored. It doesn't feel a bit realistic..

I'm very disappointed with the gameplay this year. The teams aren't using different playing styles. It looks like the top teams are only more accurate with the basics. I can outplay Barca with Tiki-taka on Top Player with any poor team. 60+ percentage possession of the ball, at least 2 goals scored. It doesn't feel a bit realistic..

play at 0 passing assistance, default assistance is more assisted than pes 2011

So if you make mistakes the AI are incapable of making you pay?

I wouldn't look at it as you playing Poor but you playing without assistance. If you can still boss the games and beat the top sides easily then it would be poor AI.

It's so hard to judge this game. One person will complain they can walk over every team in the game on the top difficulties while another complains the AI cheat and will pass around with ease and win 6-0.

Last edited:
It's not about making me pay for my mistakes. It's about how they do it. The game is really repetitive and after a few games you feel like you won't see anything different. The AI can defend itself relatively good but it can't do anything creative in offense. You make a wrong pass, then the AI counter-attack using empty spaces mainly counting on speed and body balance. There's no adequate pressure in the midfield. Whatever team you're playing against, it's the same scenario all over again.
Yeah, you can make some fancy moves, most of them completely useless. But that's not what football is about.

Actually, I can't see anything positive about the next-gen versions of PES. I liked only the beta version of PES 2008. It was fluid, innovative. Yet KONAMI had been playing safe back then or whatever and used some old code that totally f*cked the full version. From there on the series hit the rock bottom. At least in my opinion. Try playing PES 2012 for some time. Then go and play PES3/5/6. I'm waiting for the day when KONAMI will get it right once again.. but I don't see it coming.

It's not about making me pay for my mistakes. It's about how they do it. The game is really repetitive and after a few games you feel like you won't see anything different. The AI can defend itself relatively good but it can't do anything creative in offense. You make a wrong pass, then the AI counter-attack using empty spaces mainly counting on speed and body balance. There's no adequate pressure in the midfield. Whatever team you're playing against, it's the same scenario all over again.
Yeah, you can make some fancy moves, most of them completely useless. But that's not what football is about.

Actually, I can't see anything positive about the next-gen versions of PES. I liked only the beta version of PES 2008. It was fluid, innovative. Yet KONAMI had been playing safe back then or whatever and used some old code that totally f*cked the full version. From there on the series hit the rock bottom. At least in my opinion. Try playing PES 2012 for some time. Then go and play PES3/5/6. I'm waiting for the day when KONAMI will get it right once again.. but I don't see it coming.

Was that some sort of typing error ? For a minute I thought you said that PES 12 was pretty shit but the PES 2008 Beta was great.......:CONFUSE:

Back
Top Bottom