PES 2012 Assistance settings - WHY ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullstein

Conference
18 May 2011
Why have Konami added this bollocks?

They have gone 180 degree backwards from last years and have broken the damn game (which is OUTSTANDING if played with ALL assists OFF

grrrrr,they finally get the online fixed then go and do this?

I'm staggered tbh

I wish there was just two settings, the way it used to be on the older games and full manual, feel they are spreading themselves too thin adding 4 layers of assistance and lost some individuality in the passing too.

Why have Konami added this bollocks?

They have gone 180 degree backwards from last years and have broken the damn game (which is OUTSTANDING if played with ALL assists OFF

grrrrr,they finally get the online fixed then go and do this?

I'm staggered tbh

Yep, just don't finish the job properly, this is Konami's ethos. lol
They just needed to test the game properly to realise this would be a problem. Multiplayer is supposed to be player vs player, why contaminate the whole experience by introducing a third party when it's absolutely unnecessary. Passing support on 0 (Zero) results in a mind blowing sensation. It is pure, player vs player, hardcore football. No training wheels, when you fall you get hurt, and if you succeed it is undoubtedly due to YOUR skill.

I don't share everyone's enthusiasm with the 0 passing assistance, wish they'd kept it the same as last year.

It's power bar and direction are erratic to say the least, not to mention next to no relation to player's stats.

Should have just made the default a bit freer and left it at that. At the moment there isn't any one setting I'm content with selecting. And that's without mentioning the higher settings which are an absolute insult to football....

The reason why is sales. They want average joe-schmo-who-would-usually-buy-fifa to be able to pick up and play. The criminally negligent thing they did is not giving the online option to Only play against "same" assisted opponents. Konami never do things right

The reason why is sales. They want average joe-schmo-who-would-usually-buy-fifa to be able to pick up and play. The criminally negligent thing they did is not giving the online option to Only play against "same" assisted opponents. Konami never do things right

Yeah that sums it up. It's about cash sales. They aren't at all interested in the players who followed the franchise for what it was - ie a football simulation game - NOT the arcade assist everything this has turned into

I loved last years (apart from ropey online at times) because there was MORE freedom from Ai than pes 2010 and before

Then this craziness?

Last edited:
It's power bar and direction are erratic to say the least, not to mention next to no relation to player's stats.

I'd say player passing stats are only noticable on 0 assistance. Anything higher and everyone's Xavi. On 0 assistance you can actually feel a difference.

The reason why is sales. They want average joe-schmo-who-would-usually-buy-fifa to be able to pick up and play.

But those people don't play PES and never will. And in chasing them, Konami have just pissed off the people who do play PES and always have.

Looks like this thread has run its course, now decending into general PES2012
discussiom and we already have a thread for that.
CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom