PES 2011 preview based on Konami community day - 22nd July

I cant use the D-pad in PES 2010, it makes it feel even more rigid. The analog stick works better in my opinion. Thank God they are moving towards the analog stick in PES 2011.

Mart,

How did the analogue stick feel? I'm trying to use it in 2010 but it feels awkward.

I must admit Lami, I use the d-pad still, but only because I hate where the analogue stick is situated on the PS3 pad, and it feels uncomfortable. I ordered a Xbox 360 style, PS3 pad online for UFC and Red Dead Redemption and I must say it's fantastic. I'll have no problems switching to analogue for PES 2011 now, as it would seem with the new 360 degress movement it will be alot better, and this pad is perfect.

Here's the one I bought, the Dreamgear Shadow.

Shadow_Wireless_PS3.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive preview. Sad that the game adapted the Japanese games combo stuff with the skill chains.

Also, can explain in other words what that "player ticlking" is exactly? Frustrating as in "badly done"?
I would say badly done and I don't consider it a new thing. It's just where a defender goes right up to the back of your player and seems to stop you being able to pass/control your player without actually making a challenge. I tend to notice it against the AI.

My friend manual passes are with L2+X? Or just X;
:l2:+:x: - didn't have access to button settings to see if this can be changed.

The aiming of passes - how manual is the initial direction? Is it more assisted than manual, or more manual than assisted? If you've played FIFA 10/WC, how does it compare to semi or manual in terms of how the aiming works?
Tricky to quantify. If it's not sure who you want to pass to I'd say the initial direction is definitely manual, whereas if you've obviously picked out a team mate it's definitely assisted. There is middle ground as well but that's the gist.

I only played FIFA 10 on 360 so the feel of the sticks is different but based on that I'd say it's like semi-assisted in operation. Manual passing in both works in the same way really, although I found the passes in PES had more zip without a reliance on hitting full power.

Mart,

How did the analogue stick feel? I'm trying to use it in 2010 but it feels awkward.

Great. I've used the analogue stick for years after switching to ease the thumb shredding so I'm used to how it feels in an 8/16 direction environment. Now there's a valid reason for going analogue. :)

Great. I've used the analogue stick for years after switching to ease the thumb shredding so I'm used to how it feels in an 8/16 direction environment. Now there's a valid reason for going analogue. :)

Impressive. Finally :)

PES 2011 Community Day 22nd July

- Player selection: Still off the mark in terms of the players it selects and the subset of players it allows you to choose from (i.e. it will cycle between two players closer but behind the ball rather than a defender further away but who you'd really like to control at that point). The player cursor selection options are still also limited to Unassisted, Semi-Assisted and Assisted - bring back the graduated scale, Konami! Let us choose.

- Player reaction: There is still a problem where players don't react to a loose ball properly - generally after the ball has knocked between a few players or when an attacker shoots - he seems perfectly happy that's his job done even if the ball was blocked and he could've had another chance.

- Player slowing down when running onto a through ball. It's still there despite the lack of rails. A few times I'd played a chipped through ball through to a striker who plodded on at jogging pace despite my best intentions until he was tackled. I know the through ball behind a defence move has to be balanced but surely not like this. I also saw other attackers do this every now and then without a particular reason. (No I didn't spend the entire game holding sprint)

this is not good :HAND: .. hope they will fix it

Tbh I'm not sure what you guys are on about the slow down after a through pass. As it always been on PES? I never felt such thing, and I used to use through pass a lot.

How does the trick individuality work? I know everyone can apparently perform tricks but how does Vidic differ from Ronaldo?

Would you say for some players tricks are a "once in a while" thing? Or at least that's the intention come the final code?

I hope they get the balance between looking like a magician and an absolute prat completely right :D

-

I've pre ordered anyway now. PES 2010 is the "boys night" game as we're all getting on in life and we've started mixing it up between 3 on 3 or having 6 fixed players and tackling tournaments and leagues.

Hopefully the tweaks allow some great flowing football between us (as i'm the designated play-maker i'm looking forward to being able to get some inch-perfect passes going).

-

Fingers crossed in the months that follow we can see for ourselves how they implemented the whole "feel" of a match, and we can differentiate between the pacey forward, classic target man, rock in defence etc etc.

Reading these impressions it's definitely looking like a solid foundation to build upon at least, and it's a good sign they are highlighting potential shortcomings to the public early on.

Thanks for the preview, Mart.

You answered proper questions that needed answers, not how much the gfx on the players boots have improved, like other sites.

For the first time in years, I'm excited about a new pes. I pray it doesn't disappoint. Getting rather sick of Fifa now and I miss good old pes.

Tbh I'm not sure what you guys are on about the slow down after a through pass. As it always been on PES? I never felt such thing, and I used to use through pass a lot.

You've never noticed a player running onto a through ball as if he was in a drag-pull race?! :SHOCK:
Most of the time even super-cancel doesn't help. :(

Journalistic endevour kudos to Marty. ;)

Always, it's always been a thing in PES. Once you play the ball the player's speed will automatically adjust so that they will meet the through ball at a certain point and there's nothing you can do about it.

Although if you've never noticed it, then you might now and for that I (and Mart) apologise. :D

Always, it's always been a thing in PES. Once you play the ball the player's speed will automatically adjust so that they will meet the through ball at a certain point and there's nothing you can do about it.

Although if you've never noticed it, then you might now and for that I (and Mart) apologise. :D

Well maybe I noticed back in the time but probably got used to it and now it isn't strange and I can't see it. Will boot up PES 5 when I can and try to see this, heh.

I do notice that when I pass a through ball to someone they speed down before getting to it, to which I super cancel so I get to it before the CPU. It's a nuisance. That shouldn't be happening to let the CPU get the ball.

very nice sum up.
Although i have been reading that pes is back for at least 3 years. I can't wait for the demo. hopefully this time around the king is really back.

One of the more pessimistic write ups I've seen but could be one of the more accurate. I'm an old PES cynic too this generation but I have been impressed by the info I've seen and read so far, including this excellent write up. Generally sounds positive but with some issues, and hopefully they can be ironed out before release.

I do notice that when I pass a through ball to someone they speed down before getting to it, to which I super cancel so I get to it before the CPU. It's a nuisance. That shouldn't be happening to let the CPU get the ball.

This happens in both games to be honest, always amazes me when people who play this week in week out never see things like this...

It's like CPU cheat

Hi Mart , can you say anything about R2 => Close control , Shots , pass and super cancel , how are they now? In PES 2010 that is like a joke !

Miles ahead....exaggeration
but i hope he is right
i will be happy if they will fix just the player reaction and player slowing down after a through ball

How do you know uts exaggeration, try and move away from this forum from time to time and read Adam Bhatti's tweets and you will know Keepers are Fixed and the latest code is Miles ahead

Goon

Very annoyed that the players still slow down, player switching is still screwed (why on earth can't we use the right stick like Fifa to manually select?) and that there is still no player urgency for anyone but the keepers.

the other negatives sound like they will be improved and the overall view sounded good. It sounded promising. But with those 3 main negative points not being adress.... they, along with the delay between pressing and the animation kicking in ruined my overall enjoyment for pes 2010. It kinda sounds lie I'm going to almost equally pissed off at times when playing 2011. :(

Maybe they share the backwards Sepp Blatter attitude. That the negatives like this only add to the game because it gives us something to scream and rant and get angry about so when the game works and we score the feeling is greater.

Very annoyed that the players still slow down, player switching is still screwed (why on earth can't we use the right stick like Fifa to manually select?) and that there is still no player urgency for anyone but the keepers.

the other negatives sound like they will be improved and the overall view sounded good. It sounded promising. But with those 3 main negative points not being adress.... they, along with the delay between pressing and the animation kicking in ruined my overall enjoyment for pes 2010. It kinda sounds lie I'm going to almost equally pissed off at times when playing 2011. :(

Maybe they share the backwards Sepp Blatter attitude. That the negatives like this only add to the game because it gives us something to scream and rant and get angry about so when the game works and we score the feeling is greater.

for god sake why are you so negative Adam Bhatti has playered a later code keepers are fixed, there are only niggles left , why you lot concentrate on so many negatives are you really fans? poke your head out of these forums for a while and you will get more info

Yeah but regardles of what you think of him, he actually has the game, these negative Noreens above don't. The press, the forums, the ppl who have played has said Pes is back, shouldnt we be celebrating, or should we be working out the exact angle that the animation of a players right arm is in relation to his legs

There are 2 types of gamers, those who want to enjoy and those who want to nit pick

Those that nit-pick are the ones that force the improvements.

Back
Top Bottom