PES 2010: better video card, but performance is worse?

Krohling

Non-League
7 November 2007
I have a NVIDIA 8800GT.
I recently bought an ATI HD5850.
Funny thing is that the game feels better with the 8800GT instead of the better GPU HD5850.

When I use the HD5850 (Catalyst 10.5 drivers) the image does not run smoothly as with the 8800GT in PES 2010.

The triangle above the player head shows some "shaking", and when a fast action takes place from one side of the screen to another it seems a little bit "laggy".

This does not happen with the 8800GT.

What happens with both videocards is some stuttering and quick freezes from time to time. I still haven't figured out how to fix this.

I'm currently running PES 2010 with patch 1.3 from Konami and PES-Edit Patch (kitserver).

Vsync is ON
Frame skipping ON
Resolution: 1440x800 @ 60Hz

Core 2 Duo E6750 @3.36GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 x64

I think that reason in drivers of videocard.

How could be drivers? Tested Catalyst 10.4 and 10.5 and no change.

EDIT: I tested non-widescreen resolutions, and works flawlessly. I have to guess the game is poorly coded for WS. Even with the 8800GT there are sometimes when it's not 100% smooth. With the ATI its just more frequent and noticeable with WS resolution.

Last edited:
FIXED: enabled Super-Sample AA instead of default Multi-Sample AA in the Catalyst Control Center.

PES 2010 now runs smooth image as with the 8800GT, no shaking at all.

could you please tell me where can i enable the super sample AA in the catalyst control center?
i've been searching and can't find it.
thanxs

although i never said that i liked pes 2010, for some strange reason after a long absent having not to play this game because of response time issues i am having the best time of playing pes 2010 konamis small fixes have really made the game a finished product ready for despatch, im really looking forward to pes 2011

although i never said that i liked pes 2010, for some strange reason after a long absent having not to play this game because of response time issues i am having the best time of playing pes 2010 konamis small fixes have really made the game a finished product ready for despatch, im really looking forward to pes 2011

I'm glad you like it now. I can say the same thing as you said, seems like Konami had fix something about the game. It is not as bad as it was before. any way I'm having a great time now.

@ jimmyjazz, Try the new RadeonPro -> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322031, it's very much like nhancer but for ATI cards,you can set aa mode supersample/adaptive,cpu affinity/anti aliasing/anisotropic filter & much more , it works a treat although it is still in beta stage & you can set flip queue size ( same as pre rendered frames for nvidia ) which will also help with response time issues.

@ darkgameover, don't know about other cards but i can enable supersample AA in CCC & i have a HD 5750 so it's not just available for the 5800 series.

Last edited:
could you please tell me where can i enable the super sample AA in the catalyst control center?
i've been searching and can't find it.
thanxs

I don't know which is your video card, but here's the menu at CCC:

aamode.jpg

I don't know which is your video card, but here's the menu at CCC:

aamode.jpg

i have a nvidia card and boy oh boy may i tell everyone those with nvidia cards if your happy with your driver don't update, i am currently using version 175.18 driver the new drivers never helped me and this driver is directly off the cd of 9800gt, amazing gameplay super responsiveness, one thing that was changed in the nvidia panel was to push the slider to performance mode rather than quality, because if your running the game at a decent resolution the game is good enough with the graphics, so if you wanna have the best gaming experience with pes 2010 make sure your using the performance mode, this game has alot of cpu calculations rather than gpu and also i never recommend the physx option this steals from frame rate of the cpu making a sluggish and frustrating game which i was experiencing with pes 2010, but konami did actually fix those areas of responsiveness of players so it did actually help the gameplay.

Primepeace, glad to hear Your sorted at long last.

Out of interest, I am using driver 257.21 for my nvidia 9800gt
and it runs superb.

Primepeace, glad to hear Your sorted at long last.

Out of interest, I am using driver 257.21 for my nvidia 9800gt
and it runs superb.

:SMUG: thanks for that, can you post your nvidia settings if it's not gona stir up your time and effort, cheers.

oh iv actually gone back to the latest driver hehe funny me.

Last edited:
(PES 2010) Play in High-Quality. I press Alt+Tab to check my Messenger, but when I get back to the game, it runs very bad. Can you help me???

its obvious a little dont run any other program if your playing pes 2010 make sure you have antivirus programs closed and also no internet, anything can interrupt the gameplay

most people would play the game at high resolutions after several tests believe it or not a resolution of 800x600 makes the gameplay superb i don't know why but everything is in order the defence the forwards there is no unpredictable gameplay you actually control the players at this resolutions and the players move accordingly to your play with great response times i hope konami take note of this the next instalment must be playable at good high resolutions thats not the case with pes 2010.

iv found the problem it wasent high or low resolutions its actually the player conditions when player conditions are all set on excellent the game is fine, i guess they all need to be excellent now playing at 1280x1028 this game really gave me a hard time

Boys,

I think i have the same problem as Krohling. After my HD crashed, i stept over to windows 7. I played the game always on the highest quality level. My videocard is a ATI Radeon 2600 pro.

Now if i play the game, the ball don't run smoothly as before. You can notice this if the goalie takes a goalkick. If you follow the ball you see it's a bit shaky and goes slower.

Can anyone give me some instructions to fix this problem? Is this a windows 7 problem?

Hope to hear from you soon...

at one stage i thought i was enjoying the last moments of pes 2010, yet now i really hate it with a passion, the gameplay and player responses really get on my nerves can konami explain what on earth were they trying to do with pes 2010

Make sure you have AAA slider moved to quality in your catalyst control center. That sorted it for me. Still not playing it though, i'd rather play PES6 or even WE9LE over that. Only good thing about it is it presentation and graphics. Gameplay wins all the time for me i'm afraid.

need help !!!

im new member of this forum and i haz some big pes 2010 problem

my configuration is:

AMD Atlon x2 4000+
2 GB ram
Ge Force 8400 gs 512 vram

and on every seting even 640x480 with low details its still really messed up im using latest drivers 258.17 from nvidia

any idea what may be the reason ?

ty in advance

Back
Top Bottom