PES 2009 vs 2010?

donjuay

Conference
19 December 2003
I must admit to not being very good at this game. I only play against the CPU AI and am just wondering why no-one seemed to like 2009. I have been playing it for a while now and find it extremely hard on professional level. It is so hard to create opportunities and shots on goal, that when you do it is such a great feeling when you score. I have never scored more than 2 goals and after a full Serie A season finished 17th with onlu 5 wins. I just played around 5 games of 2010 and all of a sudden I am scoring 3-6 goals a game. There just seems to be too much space and the defenders just back away from you. The through passes are too accurate and create too much space for attackers. It is so easy to just run dwon the middle into the box or find space on the wings and cross in. I just do not have satisfaction when scoring. Also the CPU just pass the ball around like a pinball and rarley trouble the goalie. I love the graphics, animations and the control of the players, but I am afraid that it is just too easy and assisted. I think I will go back to 2009, which is such a challenge to score, but much more satisfying. Would appreciate any feedback or similar experiences.

I like Pes 2010 more than last year 09 . The feeling from the atmosphere and the paces of each players is the best in this game .

I think the TS was drunk, everybody even seabass said 09 was too attacking oriented while 10 is more balanced and difficult to scores

Hi guys!

I just got the PES2010 and one thing that is horrible is the fact that you can't customize the keyboard key as you wish for PC. You are only limited to the following keys:

D, X, W, A, Q, E, Z and C.

You can't use other keys. Does anybody knows a trick to get around this?

AI in pes 2010 sucks! pes 2009 AI was a million times better.

i hope konami will fix this.

Are you serious??? In 2009 the keeper always punch the ball to the strikers and give them a shooting chance , that happens 4/5 times, and defending sucks, i can fool the whole defence with 1 player and 2 tricks...2010 is realistic.

Pes 2009 wasn't as bad as many people seem to say,but Pes 2010 is better.Although the sound engineers really need shooting.

Are you serious??? In 2009 the keeper always punch the ball to the strikers and give them a shooting chance , that happens 4/5 times, and defending sucks, i can fool the whole defence with 1 player and 2 tricks...2010 is realistic.

yes, i'm serious... the fact that i didn't lose a game and i DIDN'T concede a goal against cpu speaks for itself...

cpu AI is weak in pes 2010 comparing with pes 2009 where i needed to sweat my fingers in order to win a game... now i can relax, take a beer and play the game with one hand since i know the cpu is going to pass the ball from one player to antoher the whole game.... i had 4 or 5 games against real madrid in which CR7 NEVER touched the ball the whole game!! is that real????? come on guys.... this is not good.

difficulty is not the same as AI.

Keeper AI is now better
ur own defensive AI is better

offensive CPU AI is maybe a bit weaker, thats what u mean
but not the whole AI
u need to seperate this things

Pes2010 is a lot much harder than Pes09. You dont easily get ball posession.

The pressure stuff/ com pressure isn't that helpful. You are force to takle, inreasing chances of getting players expelled.

When a player has the ball and you decide to take a curve, you are obliged to press the special control key in order not to lose the ball. In PES09, this wasn't necessary, the direction pad was enough.

Likewise, when a player in PES10 who is dashing receives a ball, the ball like rebound forward on his feet, alowing the opponent to get a go at it. You had to cut the dash to better control it, which make you lose time on attack. And that my dear friends, sucks a lot when playing against strong teams.

And let's face it, pes09 became too easy at some point during the game where you were leading. It is then that the oppenent will make silly mistakes and give you the ball to further your advantage.

In pes2010, whether you are leading or not, the difficulty remains steady. You cant relax untill the end. Though you can predict the moves, its not easy to score through.

pes 09 is way too easy for me. i can simply score at least 3 goals each match. the ai sucks & a simple feint will make my striker through...
pes 10 is unpredictable, sometimes the ai is playing very good & sometime like a crap. so i would say it mimic the real world...

I also think PES 10 is much better game overall. The atmosphere is much more realistic. But the AI is simply not as good as in PES5 and PES6.

difficulty is not the same as AI.

Keeper AI is now better
ur own defensive AI is better

offensive CPU AI is maybe a bit weaker, thats what u mean
but not the whole AI
u need to seperate this things

yes, maybe others didn't understand me well...

all i wanted to say is that now is much, much more easier to play against CPU which is so, so bad... in pes 2010 top player level is almost weaker than proffesional level in pes 2009... and that's something konami needs to fix with some offline patches and OF tweaks... it's not fun to play the game in which i win every time and CPU doesn't even score one single goal against me... in pes 2009 i could easly loose with stronger team against weaker team controlled by the CPU, but with pes 2010 i always win, mo matter what team do i choose...

all i wanted to say is that now is much, much more easier to play against CPU which is so, so bad... in pes 2010 top player level is almost weaker than proffesional level in pes 2009... and that's something konami needs to fix with some offline patches and OF tweaks... it's not fun to play the game in which i win every time and CPU doesn't even score one single goal against me... in pes 2009 i could easly loose with stronger team against weaker team controlled by the CPU, but with pes 2010 i always win, mo matter what team do i choose...

yes, but now the results are more authentic, i think
2:1 or 1:0
not 4:1 vs. Cpu (whit cheap cpu cheat goals)

i play online anyways, doesnt matter :p

I must have a different version of pes 2010 to you and pes 2009

PES was painfully easy, i beat bayern 6-2 with sporting lisbon on top player?

PES on top player this year has been hell for me, the CPU cheats and sometimes they feel unstopperble.

I also think PES 10 is much better game overall. The atmosphere is much more realistic. But the AI is simply not as good as in PES5 and PES6.

Not sure about that, i just played some pes 6 the other day, that ai is actually far better in 2010. In pes6 players just watched as you pass and run round them.

Hi guys!

I just got the PES2010 and one thing that is horrible is the fact that you can't customize the keyboard key as you wish for PC. You are only limited to the following keys:

D, X, W, A, Q, E, Z and C.

You can't use other keys. Does anybody knows a trick to get around this?

What are you talking about?

Yes, I know a trick, it is called Settings.exe.

Check it out, it's in your Konami/Pes2010 folder.

Well to be truthful I have to admit that konami did a good(not great) job this year. It's as if they read my personal issues with pes09 and acted on it. Discussing with one of my friends (and pes competitor) about v.09 this is what I didn't like:
1. rebound goals/idiotic-unresponsive GK's - fixed 80% - worst issue about 09, now small to minor;
2. zig-zagging through defenders up to the goal(by stopping and switching to the opposite directions)/unresponsive defenders - fixed 70% - you cannot do the slalom easily anymore, but defenders seem to let you run forward until you get in position for a good shot - actually quite a problem if you ask me, but far smaller than 09;
3. long shots - no more getting under the ball and balloning most distance shots, powerful and accurate now, i give that a 90% - NICE!;
4. ball physics - seems just right, far better than 09 and better than the older versions imho (PES6,5);
5. loading times (especially for highlights - what was wrong with 09 anyways?);
6. different models for stadiums - i like some squares and others pitch models besides stripes, ok?
7. Graphics - skin texture was unrealistic in 09, now a little better, but demo looked sharper than full;
8. Nets - oh yeah, no more sand-baggies-you-never-see-in-real-life-and-spider-wobbly-nets. COOL!
9. Animations - Mr. Roboto still there, but well oiled and with some tricks up his sleeve. Go Data.
10. Gameplay as a whole : more fluid, realistic, fun - best altogether football experience on PC and I've played them all (even the PS1 versions emulated - remember ISS?)

If I was to rate, PES 09 was a 7.5 and PES 10 is a nice 8.5. Why? Because there's a whole farm of bugs, licensing is still poor (but not essential, we got evo-web), we need a GK addon, and better response times, animations, etc. But I guess it's Konami policy to leave room for improvement, for better sales with the next iteration.If it were perfect, we'd just patch it, update it and never buy the newer versions, right? Plus, as PC is concerned, the competition doesn't help much (;)).

My final word is happy gaming this year guys, it's a good PES year after all.

Cheers.

Well said Bogu. I agree with everything you said...

The penalty shootout is still absolute and utter crapola though. It is way too fast paced and it has a terrible arcade feel in it. At least make the tempo slower and build the realistic suspense that way (maybe show a replay of each penalty at least). If they can address that in the future I'm happy.

AI in pes 2010 sucks! pes 2009 AI was a million times better.

i hope konami will fix this.

:PIG:

LOL

Wot planet are you on?

mhmm atmo isnt that great..
after goals theres silence almost

Atmo is fucking terrible.

The default chants make me want to puke!

1st and easiest thing to do is to get Diego Martinello's celebrations/sound FX patch (its less than 10MB). With this, you get a loud roar when either home or away side scores.

Next, you need a chants pack. The two main chants pack makers here are Gigimarulla and Tommsen. However, their choice of chants (Gigi especially likes including some ridiculously poor quality chants in his packs) may not be up to your liking. Also, the chants-packs tend to be released with the chants far too loud for the game. It is possible to get a 'great' atmosphere in PES on PC but you will have to be prepared to sit at your desk for a few hours with your editing tools......either that or just take what other people offer up.

Last edited:

I disagree completely. I find PES10 vs CPU much harder than PES09.

The CPU on professional level on PES10 is ridiculous. Even weak teams pass the ball around like they are Brazil and it is near impossible to get the ball off them. They also get the ball off you with ease, wheareas they are a nightmare to tackle.

In PES 2009 in ML all own players had a graph of player development, also with future expectation. I cannot find this in PES 2010, now I dont know how my players will develop. Did they remove this future development graph in the 2010 version??? Please help.

id clearly say pes 2009 is a winner at this stage graphics dont interest me if i cant get the player to move around like i want with simple touches dribbles and shots why should i even bother with pes 2099

Back
Top Bottom