PES 2008 PS2 VERSION ON PS3

goonerjunglist

Conference
10 September 2005
DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THE PS2 VERSION WILL WORK ON THE PS3.I HAVE ORDERED BOTH VERSIONS AS I PERSONALY THINK THE PS2 VERSION MAY STILL BE BETTER THAN PS3,BUT IN THE LAST FEW DAYS SONY ANOUNCED THAT THE BACKWARD COMPATIBILTY WILL BE NO MORE.DO YOU THINK THE PS2 VERSION WILL RUN OR WOULD I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT SONY UPDATE? IF SO I DOUBT THE NEXT UPDATE WILL INCLUDE ANY MORE PS2 COMPATIBILTY TITLES.I HOPE IT WILL WORK ON MY PS3.PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME GUYS AS IM NOT THAT AWARE ON THE BACKWARDS COMPATIBILTY ISSUES......

it should work if you have an "old" ps3, only the NEW PS3's coming out in a few weeks (those with 40gb) dont have the backward compatibility!

YES IT WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but dont sony have to update each new game in order for it to work on the ps3.maybe im wrong?i though for each new ps2 release in would not run on a ps3 until a update is sent out after the game is released.if it does work ill be happy.i cant understand why sony are stopping backwards compatibilty in the future.there just lazy and cant be bothered to do the emulation work for each new game

but dont sony have to update each new game in order for it to work on the ps3.maybe im wrong?i though for each new ps2 release in would not run on a ps3 until a update is sent out after the game is released.if it does work ill be happy.i cant understand why sony are stopping backwards compatibilty in the future.there just lazy and cant be bothered to do the emulation work for each new game

It doesn't work how it does on the 360, there's no lockout so games may just work without Sony having to do anything, however it may take another update for PES2008 to work great, PES5 still runs a little bit dodgy, such as the insane lag at kick-off.

Back
Top Bottom