PES 2008 - Jon Champion and Mark Lawrenson named as commentry team

Re: PES 2008 - Jon Champion and Mark Lawrenson named and commentry team

If anyone wants to hear Jon Champion in action click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9z-_32djBU its a much better example than that ISS3 video. If they get the scripting right we will have a great commentary team on our hands.

NOW the voice is familiar!!!

Which big games has he covered in the past year? I heard he did 3 out of 5 of England's games in the last world cup?

Like the voice though when he shouts stuff, GERRAAAARRRDDD!!!!!!

:D

Thank's God they have changed previous guy's, cause i'm sick of them...this one seems to be good...hope he'll be...

Well it's difficult for me to compare them, cause our ( Ukrainian and russian) commentators are absolute idiots...

col - they are not bad commentators at all. the iss3 commentary bad since the phrases they used were terrible lol. rumours state that the pes 2008 commentary is very much improved

col - they are not bad commentators at all. the iss3 commentary bad since the phrases they used were terrible lol. rumours state that the pes 2008 commentary is very much improved

i was just posting that so people could hear what they where like on that game

Pretty sure Jon Champion was commentating on Aston Villa vs Liverpool today on Setanta.

He's working for both ITV and Setanta this season.

Pretty sure Jon Champion was commentating on Aston Villa vs Liverpool today on Setanta.

He's working for both ITV and Setanta this season.

Aha, not just me then. I thought the voice was familiar. I think this is great news for PES :applause:

It is GREAT news. But we should know Konami by now......

They Giveth, They Taketh
One step forward, Two steps back

It is completely irrelavent what the commentary team is if the directing in the sound studio and the commentary system reamins abysmal.

Directing the commentators so that you have correct vocal intonation is crucial as is creating a commentary system that is far more sophisticated.

Is this too difficult a concept for people to understand?

Seriously....it is not simply about who the commentators are.

Konami have also changed the commentators for France, Spain and I think Italy to more famous commentators.

Seems to me like they're starting from scratch with commentary.

Peter Brackley is a nobody, unless you have Bravo and are still bothered about watching Italian football on a Sunday afternoon you won't have a clue who Peter Brackley is.

Jon Champion commentates on half the Champions League matches on ITV and does every Saturday game on Setanta.

Pretty sure Champion will do alot more to make PES 2008 seem authentic than Brackley.

Edit: Just realised you're a West Ham fan so you're obviously on about Trevor Brooking. No, he's not a nobody. But he's not a football commentator, I've not heard him commentate on a mathc since Germany vs England in 2001! Where as Lawro is the BBC's main assistant commentator who does every live England match with Motty and all the big FA Cup games.

Again, it's all about authenticity.

Last edited:
9.jpg

I just wonder if there is a japanese version of PES2008 (if it's not that J-League game of course)?
Jon Kabira must be on the Top 5 football commentators Worldwide. I'd put his file on my PES2008 right away!

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTOOOOOOOOOH!!!!

I want to choose from a number of different languages on the game again...now when i buy Pro Evo I cant choose spanish commentary or whatever unless I get the PC version of the game and download a patch :/

I want the brazilian one......

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for Trevor Brooking, his commentry riles me, his voice just sounds gay and sometimes I feel like ripping off my ears when I hear comments like "Just look at those scenes, it's a pleasure for all involved!"

It's a good job that Mark Lawrenson doesn't sound totally gay :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom