PES 2008 after 5+ hours playing -- RIP PES series

Status
Not open for further replies.

conkerrr

Non-League
7 May 2006
The more I play it, I feel that PES 2008 is tedious and repetitive. I feel no satisfaction when scoring a goal. This never happened to me in any PES to date and is IMO definitive proof that this game is crap. I fear that PES series has just died :( :( :(

wtf you guys on about , it is sensational.. its different from the other PES which is a good thing , who wants to play a patched up PES 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.. that have no real improvements to their graphics engines just subtle move updates and roster changes.

This is a game pretty much built from the ground up , it has revolutionised PC Football. It is the type of game you can show to a FIFA person and swing them over to PES. No longer can they play their graphics excuse , only thing FIFA has got going for it is Leagues and Licenses. I found the controls were a little stiffer but still quite good.

All you can think of is the graphic...
that's weird lol... go play another game if u want to scream "OMG GRAPHIC!!!"

All you can think of is the graphic...
that's weird lol... go play another game if u want to scream "OMG GRAPHIC!!!"

Not only graphics , the game play is still great as always , i cant understand what you want from it more .. what do you want the game to do ? ball control is great , shooting is harder , computer put up a challenge .. what do you want? cut back goals? :applause:

well imo its the best pes game to date and they actualy did some work and improved the gameplay alot instead of incrementing the title for the past couple of years. the last decent pes game was pes3, after that they got lazy

After playing the demo, I have enjoyed it for the most part. The presentation is far superior to previous versions of the game, the gameplay is generally good too, through balls have been improved and I think the AI is better too.

A couple of problems though:
Crowd and grass detail
I feel some of the controls are a bit stiff, whereas other controls such as sprinting with the ball feel a bit loose
During passes made in the air, including crosses, the ball travels through the air too quickly

Hopefully these problems will have been sorted for the full release

As its a demo you should wait for final version. Fifa 08 demo is worse tha the full game.

you know... every year when konami release the new pro evo series.. there is always one thread bagging the new game. last season people said pes6 was too easy and free kicks were impossible and they said they loved fifa more.

well if you want to be like them go for it. mess with the best and you will die like the rest

personally i love the game, graphics are better, the play is a bit slow but when option files are released i will increase the speed anyway to speed up the game to make it feel more epl like.

my two cents

you know... every year when konami release the new pro evo series.. there is always one thread bagging the new game. last season people said pes6 was too easy and free kicks were impossible and they said they loved fifa more.

well if you want to be like them go for it. mess with the best and you will die like the rest

personally i love the game, graphics are better, the play is a bit slow but when option files are released i will increase the speed anyway to speed up the game to make it feel more epl like.

my two cents

10000000000000000% agree

well like i said, the people complaining should buy fifa instead
Lots of ppl who love the PES/WE series and have been playing it for years complain about the PES 2008 demo and will try FIFA 08 this year... it clearly shows that there is a problem. With PES 6 and now PES 2008 Konami managed to ruin the PES/WE series, what a shame!

Btw, as I already said, there is already a thread about how bad the PES 2008 demo is: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/43278/page-2
Could a moderator plz merge them.

because? because you started it?

Aaaaah, you want to be the one who's starting complaining about PES!?

Big boy :)
LOL, you must be 13-15 to think like that... at least I hope so.

Who cares about who started a thread or started complaining about how bad PES 2008 is? But when you have 2 threads talking about the same thing, which one is it more logical to close, the newer or the older?
And they can close my thread (the older), I really don't care, I just don't understand what's the point of having 2 threads talking about the same thing and ppl making the same posts in both of them.

Last edited:
For me it's always the best Football game and the graphics are fantastic ... i think we can make really better on editing kits, faces, boots and all so for the moment we need to find how to change that .... like ggs and dkz studio for PES6 i hope so

LOL, you must be 13-15 to think like that... at least I hope so.

Who cares about who started a thread or started complaining about how bad PES 2008 is? But when you have 2 threads talking about the same thing, which one is it more logical to close, the newer or the older?
And they can close my thread (the older), I really don't care, I just don't understand what's the point of having 2 threads talking about the same thing and ppl making the same posts in both of them.

Really pathetic editing of your post, if you wanna know i'm 18 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom