1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

PES 2008 after 5+ hours playing -- RIP PES series

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by conkerrr, 26 September 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conkerrr

conkerrr Non-League

7 May 2006
    The more I play it, I feel that PES 2008 is tedious and repetitive. I feel no satisfaction when scoring a goal. This never happened to me in any PES to date and is IMO definitive proof that this game is crap. I fear that PES series has just died :( :( :(

2. icem4n

icem4n Non-League

23 August 2007
    totally agree with you... looks a lot like fifa series :((

3. Gigen

Gigen Non-League

24 September 2007
    i quote both.
    It's a big and ugly flop this pes :(

4. fearscope

fearscope Non-League

12 July 2006
    wtf you guys on about , it is sensational.. its different from the other PES which is a good thing , who wants to play a patched up PES 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.. that have no real improvements to their graphics engines just subtle move updates and roster changes.

This is a game pretty much built from the ground up , it has revolutionised PC Football. It is the type of game you can show to a FIFA person and swing them over to PES. No longer can they play their graphics excuse , only thing FIFA has got going for it is Leagues and Licenses. I found the controls were a little stiffer but still quite good.

5. Gigen

Gigen Non-League

24 September 2007
    All you can think of is the graphic...
    that's weird lol... go play another game if u want to scream "OMG GRAPHIC!!!"

6. mosu90

mosu90 Championship

28 August 2006
    Romania
    U.Craiova
    go and play fifa if u don't like it.....pes2008 is awsome!!!!

7. fearscope

fearscope Non-League

12 July 2006

Not only graphics , the game play is still great as always , i cant understand what you want from it more .. what do you want the game to do ? ball control is great , shooting is harder , computer put up a challenge .. what do you want? cut back goals? :applause:

8. lonige

lonige League 2

23 October 2006
    I feel no satisfaction when scoring a goal

=>the reason you felt like that is there aren't commentators.

9. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    well imo its the best pes game to date and they actualy did some work and improved the gameplay alot instead of incrementing the title for the past couple of years. the last decent pes game was pes3, after that they got lazy

10. Eboue

Eboue Non-League

18 January 2007
    After playing the demo, I have enjoyed it for the most part. The presentation is far superior to previous versions of the game, the gameplay is generally good too, through balls have been improved and I think the AI is better too.

A couple of problems though:
    Crowd and grass detail
    I feel some of the controls are a bit stiff, whereas other controls such as sprinting with the ball feel a bit loose
    During passes made in the air, including crosses, the ball travels through the air too quickly

Hopefully these problems will have been sorted for the full release

11. Dead Man

Dead Man Guest

As its a demo you should wait for final version. Fifa 08 demo is worse tha the full game.

12. FCDB

FCDB Banned

1 November 2005
    'S-hertogenbosch [Netherlands]
    FC DEN BOSCH
    Try to play at Top Player instead of Regular! :L

13. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 Retired Kit Maker

30 April 2006
    The Outback - Australia!
    go go go gunners!
    you know... every year when konami release the new pro evo series.. there is always one thread bagging the new game. last season people said pes6 was too easy and free kicks were impossible and they said they loved fifa more.

well if you want to be like them go for it. mess with the best and you will die like the rest

personally i love the game, graphics are better, the play is a bit slow but when option files are released i will increase the speed anyway to speed up the game to make it feel more epl like.

my two cents

14. Lazar

Lazar Conference

6 August 2003
    Switzerland
  15. AntrAcsA

AntrAcsA Banned

8 November 2006
    Somebody must say all that things on Konami.. not have time, only one moon :(

16. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    well like i said, the people complaining should buy fifa instead

17. FCDB

FCDB Banned

1 November 2005
    FC DEN BOSCH
    i wish they did, instead of complaining, and at the end there playing it again ;)

all hypocrites..

18. t-i-k-a-m-i

t-i-k-a-m-i Non-League

5 May 2003
    Chelsea FC
    10000000000000000% agree

19. Lazar

Lazar Conference

6 August 2003
    Switzerland
    Lots of ppl who love the PES/WE series and have been playing it for years complain about the PES 2008 demo and will try FIFA 08 this year... it clearly shows that there is a problem. With PES 6 and now PES 2008 Konami managed to ruin the PES/WE series, what a shame!

Btw, as I already said, there is already a thread about how bad the PES 2008 demo is: http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=43278&page=2
    Could a moderator plz merge them.

20. 103SpooKy

103SpooKy Die hard Arjen Robben fan

27 July 2006
    The Netherlands
    pes2008 demo is awesome!

21. FCDB

FCDB Banned

1 November 2005
    FC DEN BOSCH
    because? because you started it?

Aaaaah, you want to be the one who's starting complaining about PES!?

Big boy :)

22. Lazar

Lazar Conference

6 August 2003
    Switzerland
    LOL, you must be 13-15 to think like that... at least I hope so.

Who cares about who started a thread or started complaining about how bad PES 2008 is? But when you have 2 threads talking about the same thing, which one is it more logical to close, the newer or the older?
    And they can close my thread (the older), I really don't care, I just don't understand what's the point of having 2 threads talking about the same thing and ppl making the same posts in both of them.

Last edited: 26 September 2007
  23. mystiq

mystiq Face Maker

1 February 2005
    For me it's always the best Football game and the graphics are fantastic ... i think we can make really better on editing kits, faces, boots and all so for the moment we need to find how to change that .... like ggs and dkz studio for PES6 i hope so

24. FCDB

FCDB Banned

1 November 2005
    FC DEN BOSCH
    Really pathetic editing of your post, if you wanna know i'm 18 !

25. Lazar

Lazar Conference

6 August 2003
    Switzerland
    Ouch... :lol:

26. FCDB

FCDB Banned

1 November 2005
    FC DEN BOSCH
    whát ouch? i'm not wining like a little child about the fact that a football game is bad, its nice if its good, if its not good, so what? don't play it, there's more in MY life then PES!

27. rd23

rd23 Non-League

26 July 2005
    I didn't liked PES6, i loved PES5, and so far i'm glad with the demo...

28. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    There already is a thread covering this subject.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.