PES 11 : XBox 360 or PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scutch

Futsal Master
31 October 2006
Cumbria, UK
Tottenham Hotspur
Simple one, really, if, like me, you have the choice of purchasing the game on either console, which one would/will you choose?

I was thinking of opting for the PS3 due to the ease of editing features, but apparently the 360 can use the USB for transfering of Option Files and the like, now, so it's perhaps not as long winded as first thought. I also prefer the 360 controller, and I'm certainly not spending another £30+ on an adapter allowing me to use the 360 controller on the PS3, just for this one game.

It does appear from the editing sections of the messageboard that the majority of the editing for the consoles - certainly the Option Files - is on the PS3, though.

Choices, choices...

Well, the 360 is by far the looker of the two games, looks like a top end PC handles it whereas the PS3 version looks slightly inferior in lighting and jaggies.

So far the PS3 has been my most played though as the kit editing is superb but I checked out Daymos editing skills on the 360 and he has done an amazing job, so might switch to 360 when that is released.

Only other thing is it feels so much different using the two pads, the PS3 pad feels more loose and seems to translate into the game better but I am far better with the 360 pad at doing manual passing as it feels more precise!

No need to thank me for clearing that up for you, haha.

Interesting indeed, mate, thank you.

What I'm after is a bloody good option file with maybe a few stadium creations thrown in for good measure. I'd love a White Hart Lane imported into the game. Are the creations and options files for the PS3 handled in the same way for the 360? I know a lot of the stadium creations are for the PC/PS3, so would they have to be done from scratch for the 360, or can we use the same files?

If you are on facebook this guy is doing a cracking OF if you look at the pictures, should hopefully be out tomorrow apparently.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=240740712812

As for the stadium thing, I know in the PS3 there is an import/export feature but not sure if I saw this in 360, don't expect alot though from the stadium editor, managed to do a mildly passable Goodison Park but thats about it.

Well, the 360 is by far the looker of the two games, looks like a top end PC handles it whereas the PS3 version looks slightly inferior in lighting and jaggies.

So far the PS3 has been my most played though as the kit editing is superb but I checked out Daymos editing skills on the 360 and he has done an amazing job, so might switch to 360 when that is released.

Only other thing is it feels so much different using the two pads, the PS3 pad feels more loose and seems to translate into the game better but I am far better with the 360 pad at doing manual passing as it feels more precise!

No need to thank me for clearing that up for you, haha.

Hi mate,

You seem to have played the game a fair amount on both consoles (I assume retail rather than demo). Can you tell me if the game actually plays differently at all on the two machines? I just have the feeling it will be different on PS3 just because PS is the home of PES pretty much.

I have a 360 and will definitely not be buying a PS3 just for this game (no offence to it), but I was just wondering nonetheless.

Cheers,

Houldey

Hi mate,

You seem to have played the game a fair amount on both consoles (I assume retail rather than demo). Can you tell me if the game actually plays differently at all on the two machines? I just have the feeling it will be different on PS3 just because PS is the home of PES pretty much.

I have a 360 and will definitely not be buying a PS3 just for this game (no offence to it), but I was just wondering nonetheless.

Cheers,

Houldey

I don't think they do but as mentioned when I have been playing the 360 version after the PS3 version it feels slightly stiffer (that's what she said) probably due to the stick tension of both controllers, completed a Champions League on 360 and two seasons of Master League on PS3.

I've got the same dilema here.

I was all for the Xbox version as usual (PS3 is gathering dust) but hearing that it's easier to edit on the ps3 has put the cat among the pigeons.

In what way is the PS3 easier when it comes to editing/option files etc also is it true you can't import chants for the Xbox version?

I don't really have this exact problem, but it depends on the ease of getting an option file on the 360 version to me getting the game at all.

Is it definitely possible to do so via memory stick?

Yes, you can use the USB on the XBox. It just appears that there are so many creators using the PS3, instead.

There is a beauty arriving on the 360 soon, though, on the PESgaming board.

I also had the dilemma.

But let's be honest.....you play PES on the Playstation. It's just one of those things you have to do.

That's what I'm thinking, mate.

PS3 certainly ahead at the moment.

I did say it partly in jest of course,the key thing for me was the editing community which is massively established for the PS3 and this PEEL thing Jimmy runs to try out.

I have FIFA on the xbox, and PES on the PS3.

Usually, if a game is available for both formats, I'll go for the 360 version. I've basically got the PS3 for it's media playing qualities, Blu-Ray and it's fantastic Exclusive games (Uncharted 2 is arguably the best game single player game I've ever played).

But right now I'm thinking that PES11 could be a rare PS3 multi format purchase.

I'm going for the XBOX as there are some fantastic OF's coming for this version. Plus the game looks slightly sharper on the XBOX also.

Is either version region free? I'm in the States for the time being so this may be the bigger issue for me. Which one is better if I buy in the States? Maybe I should import?

Of the demo versions I def thought the 360 version looked better, and I agree with Darth about the controls. Quite surprised how much I liked the 360 version actually.

I can tell already I'll probably end up getting it for both!

theres no choice,myself and chimps 2011 pes tweaked gameplay option file with bundesliga,champions league, europa league, allstar teams ,classic allstar teams,scottish ,irish, northern irish,copa lib players in ML and not forgetting championship teams will be out in a months time ALL FOR UK PS3

I'll be getting it on 360 hopefully (Purely to play online) I am getting it on PC too for the editing side of it although the PS3 version does sound tempting too................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom