Peggle

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
The best game ever obviously deserves it's own thread :DD. I'll start with a few pics from earlier today:

ultra.jpg

aced.jpg

ultra2-1.jpg

:DD

Discuss our great shots, last ball saves, lucky bounces, highest scores etc.

:DANCE:

Last edited:
Re: Peggle Nights (PC)

What tactics are you guys using? Try to pick out just one at the time, timing it to save the ball in the thing down there, or do you just try to get as many as possible?

I really struggle with this one, but I beat all but one challenge in the original. Maybe I'm just a worse peggle gamer these days...

I just looked at a few YouTube vids of Peggle and it looks fun, so I might get it :).

Is this on Steam? I searched earlier but couldn't see it. I don't have to money to be spending on more games this month but Peggle might tempt me.

I should really finish off the last few challenges I have left in Peggle Deluxe first though :(

I put a few lads on the Peggle trail a while ago. Its like Marmite, you either love it or hate but if you do love it be prepared to spend a while swearing as that little fucking ball just misses that last orange peg you needed

"PopCap's Greg Canessa has revealed the Xbox Live Arcade version of Peggle will feature a competitive multiplayer mode for up to four players.

Speaking to TalkingAboutGames, he also confirmed the game will be released by the end of the year. The downloadable level packs, however, won't be available at launch.

Peggle for XBLA will cost 800 Microsoft Points - or GBP 6.80 / EUR 9.60 in the old money."

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=243570

The worst challenges must be the ones where you have to go trough several levels. It's just so depressing when you miss out on the last one and have to start all over again. This game can really bring out some hatred, it's like you want to kill somebody really bad...

The worst challenges must be the ones where you have to go trough several levels. It's just so depressing when you miss out on the last one and have to start all over again. This game can really bring out some hatred, it's like you want to kill somebody really bad...
Haha too right! :LOL: Watching the ball go right by that fucking last red peg in slow motion and then drop down and just miss the basket thing, meaning you have to start a challenge again is one of the most infuriating experiences in a game ever :MAD:.

I'm going through the Challenges in order and not moving on until I've done each one. Currently on the 3rd page! The toughest one so far has been the 55 orange pegs one :RANT:. Took me a fair few hours.

So far i've done all of the first 4 pages, then a few from other pages.

I have completed 26/60 of the challenges.

Re: Peggle (Xbox360, PC)

Quality party game we had there, myself, Holio, Joe and Pboreham! I think Joe just proved he has too much spare time on his hands! :DD

Joe was the Pegglemeister for sure, I never seen so many 25,000 bonus points! Fooking lucky bucket man.

He must have had a bigger bucket than Jordan! :LOL:

Great fun though and really glad my 1st night back with the 360 was spent in a fun way - shows how well the 360 does online gaming (compared to the albeit excellent PS3) and the new party feature (well, new to me!) is really cool too.

Still not seen this in action or played it but with it coming to PS3 I might have a look now - what do you actually do?

Its coming to PS3? Damn, would have waited!

Its such a fucking simple concept that shouldnt work, but does.

Basically, you have a screen full of dots (the 'pegs') which come in different colours. Blue do nothing, purple increase your score, green give special power up and the most important, orange, are what you have to clear all of on the board to win the round.

You fire a ball from the top of the screen, hitting pegs as you go down. The more you hit, the more you score and as I mentioned above, the idea is to clear the orange ones.

At the bottom of the screen is a 'bucket' that slides left and right. As your ball falls, if it lands in the bucket, you get an extra ball (start with 10) and if it misses the bucket then you lose that ball.

There are loads of crazy scoring chances though - hit a purple peg gives you a score boost, the more orange you have cleared in the round gives you a bigger multiplier, landing in the bucket gives a bonus score, hitting 2 orange a distance apart gives a 'distance bonus' etc etc etc.

After the ball reaches the bottom (either the bucket or off the screen) the score you got is added to the total.

In SP, you just have to clear all the orange, but in MP it really shines.

4 players can play, each take their own shot on their own board and at the end of everbodies shot, you see a point tally for that 'round'. When taking your shot, you can also view anybody elses screen to see what is happening.

In this mode, you dont have to clear all the orange pegs, its just whoever scores the most after 10 balls. Clearing all the orange gives an extra bonus though.

Its really, really cool - lots of tension as the other take their shots in close games etc... good fun!

==

Or, just go to YT and check out the vids! LOL

Wonder if the PS3 version will have YT uploading (you can do action replays in the game and at the end of the MP games, you get to see the 'Shot of the Match' from whoever won)...

And Pinchinko. Stupidly simple, highly addicitive and just a little uber annoying at times!

Back
Top Bottom