PC differences?

velvetsky01

Conference
17 December 2006
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before - but what are the (if any) between the PC version of PES 10 or 11 and the PS3 version??

Im not sure which format to get it on

I know the PC version is cheaper and easier to patch which is what im tempted by - but is the game better on PS3?

If you have a decent PC:

- higher resolution (real Full-HD or even higher)
- no stuttering during replays/cutscenes (PES10 - seen it on my friends ps3)
- Patches of course
- you can enable AntiAliasing and AnisotropicFiltering on PC
so there will be no more jaggies and crisper looking textures

- better Level of detail due to Kitserver (kitserver might not come out for PES11)

I have played the game (PES10) on ps3, xbox and my PC.
Believe me, it looks much better on PC!

No, the gameplay is the same and the graphics are a lot better (with an adequate hardware). You can play the PC version in full HD via HDMI on a huge screen while the PS3 Version only uses 720p.
The projected shadows on the bodies look a lot better on PC (flickering on ps3) and there is no frameloss in replays.

My broher plays PES on a 42" Samsung LCD TV with his PS3, I play on my PC on a 40" Samsung LED TV, so I see the differences. And I am very fussy with these details.

I recommand using a good LED/LCD TV, because thanks to the 100Hz oder 200Hz modes, the game runs a lot smoother than on a usual pc display.

I use a controller adapter for my PS2 controllers (2 player support).

And as you mentioned, the PC version can very easily be edited. Even the stadiums, sounds, chants etc. Camera Tweak tools allow you to create a whole new gaming experience (changing camera angle like in PES6 and changing camera distances - even wider than the wide angle). And for the demo next week, you have tools to enlarge the game time.

So if you own a powerful computer... use it!

This is good to hear.

I'm excited about Pro again for the first time in over 3 years. Will definitely be getting it on PC (and probably 360 aswell)

Back
Top Bottom