PATCH 1.20 ps3 is OUT!!!

yes, he is telling the truth, I have just started my download! It's 130mb, will tell you how it goes, fingers crossed all is fixed :D

130mb? Thats the same size as the first patch i guess. Hope this does fix the online problems unlike the first one.

"Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has released an update for PES 2008 on PLAYSTATION®3 that will solve compatibility issues when it is played on a standard-definition TV set. The free download fixes the slight stuttering effect that occurs when the game is played on a non-HD source, and will be downloaded automatically when the game is played online."

Nothing to do with playing online...

130mb for SD Television, sounds to me like they have lowered the picture quality even lower than the last patch. What about the HD users, thats the reason why people bought the game for the PS3 and not the ps2?

yup, online is still the same :( but i do have a sdtv and the frame rate has improved considerably and now it is hardly noticeable for me, so at least normal matches have improved, now just if they would fix the online gameplay!

If Konami looked at how many games have been sold and how many play online, they would see that online is the main reason for people wanting to buy this game. Why the hell do they not invest in some better servers and fix the online issues once and for all. They clearly know why the game is running this way but instead spend time fixing offline issues. I know that they can only do so much but they do maintenace checks all the time. They must see that the ping stats are poor and the responce times are slow.

Arrrrrgggggggghhhhhh.....

I will still play it though.

Damo666

for me it's much better.. the gameplay seems to be slower and not fast as it used to..little framerates are still exist but you can see that konami are trying hard to fix this shitty game

Waiting for the 360 patch if any. And if it slows down the game then i might be interested in playing it again.

I've been checking these forums every day or so for any sniff of a new patch, today my hopes were raised and now instantly deflated as no fix for Online play.

>Shakes fist at Konami<

I've been doin the same checking and hoping we'd get a patch for online and now I'm gutted. Online is worst part of this game. It's a joke, I hate getting beat when the ball suddenly disappears then appears in my area. I don't mind losing to the better opponent on the day but losing to shite programming and shite servers is a bit too much especially when we've paid for a product in good faith and that it should do what it say's on the box.

PES08 should have seen a shift towards HD gaming and seemless Online play.

Instead Konami are spending time fixing issues for people using Standard Def TV!

well i tryed the patch.
my system is
Sony 32" LCD 720p. HDMI.
8mbit / 8mbit NAT TYPE 1
pes2008 installed on hdd:

well as far as online goes: lags still like shit.
offline: i can play some more stadiums now, rather than only playing san siro and blanco.
well the other stadiums have some slow downs as wells,
some stadiums have very fast gameplay also, since it doesnt have to render all the wonderfull flat shaded crowd! LMAO

cheers

Is online mode on PS 3 bad? shame on you people! come on! I used to play PES 2008 in PC and that was laggy as hell! Then I bought a PS3+PES2008 after christmas, and all I can say is that the game is not laggy... the problem is when I play with a router. ItSucks, I admit; because the game engine is not ready to support routering. Try to play with your modem connected only to your PS3.

Is online mode on PS 3 bad? shame on you people! come on! I used to play PES 2008 in PC and that was laggy as hell! Then I bought a PS3+PES2008 after christmas, and all I can say is that the game is not laggy... the problem is when I play with a router. ItSucks, I admit; because the game engine is not ready to support routering. Try to play with your modem connected only to your PS3.

I are a lucky one, if it does ot lag for you. As for connecting ps3 to router only it makes no difference, its the game and the online servers, not the users connection...well most of the time.

Patch works great for me. Now I can finally play without the hideous stutter that made the game unplayable. Only 3 months after release to get it sorted out, nice one! :p

However, it has to be said that the game looks noticeably grey and washed out compared to the 360 version. It's an ugly, ugly game.

Hey didn't know where to post this but since the North American version is coming out in march. do u think konami will make a new patch where you will be able to choose to play in the NA server. I mean if the game is region free there should be this option. what do you guys think.

Back
Top Bottom