Online play opinions (best game)

uk_stanners

Conference
3 October 2003
N.Ireland
I used to play a lot of online PES back in the PS2 days but stopped playing after the first PS3 game.

How are people finding the online play for PES 16 so far, is it running smooth and as good as could be hoped for?

I would only play online or multiplayer so Opposition AI isn't important to me. I got FIFA 15 last year and it hardly changes year on year, I quite enjoyed the online except how pace seemed to rule and some games seemed to be fixed/handicapped.

I enjoyed the PES demo, thought the FIFA demo was just a slow version of FIFA 15, but wondering what would be the best for online play. Fingers crossed it's PES!

If you want action, stick with PES. If you want realism (in my opinion), but realism that results in a lot of boring games, try FIFA.

I'm somewhere in the middle at the moment, I've played both games online now and I have two words about PES online. The first one is... SLOW! It's so slow! Compared to the demo, I can't believe how slow my online matches have been. The second one is... Lag. Sadly, there's still button lag (though it's better than it was), which frustrates me hugely.

People have said FIFA online is slow and boring (understandably so because the midfield is packed and the defensive AI is far too powerful), but I'd say PES feels slightly arthritic online - you press a button, the player thinks about it, tries to move his foot, but in that time the opposition player has steamed in and took the ball off you.

I'm finding FIFA online more "samey", but realistic and less frustrating.

PES I'm not enjoying as much because when you press pass and he carries on running for a second, straight into an opposition player, it's FUCKING INFURIATING.

But if you enjoyed the PES demo, I've no doubt you'll enjoy the full game. It's a good game.

I was playing my first quick match yesterday as ManUtd against Bayern and i was schooling this guy, 3-0 at about the 70' mark when i got disconnected.

:(

I just ordered PES, was going to wait a few weeks to decide, but FIFA has hardly changed and I got a bit fed up with the last one with coin buyers and constant persuasion to buy more packs.

One of my proudest moments was being ranked in the top 400 of PES on PS2 online (even though the rankings were dodgy). Now coming back, I'm going to feel as useless as when I first switched to FIFA online, at least it will be fun!

I'm in the same boat, this is the first time I have been tempted by PES since PES6 I think on the xbox 360. I dont really play online that often though, perhaps still scarred from the last time I tried to play PES online :)

The online experience depends on where you are and who u play against. If u play against someone from your country then chances are you will get a smooth connection. Someone from another continent you can expect at least a 0.5s lag which renders the game unplayable. For me, in Australia playing against Europeans, means that I can never enjoy online games.

The online experience depends on where you are and who u play against. If u play against someone from your country then chances are you will get a smooth connection. Someone from another continent you can expect at least a 0.5s lag which renders the game unplayable. For me, in Australia playing against Europeans, means that I can never enjoy online games.

Not playing the game really, but back in PES 15 I played with my friend from city that's basically 10 kilometres away (fifteen minutes on a bus to get from mine to his place) and we still had same problems as I had when playing with friend from Netherlands.

Not to mention playing myClub match against someone from Turkey or Brazil, I'm not blaming any of these countries or people - it's not their fault really, but seriously why game.

There is that tiny group of people that claims to never have problems online. Vast majority seems to always have at least issues with input lag. I honestly wish I was part of a first group, despite everything wrong with PES 15 myClub was really fun.

Has online play improved?
In a word, no.

I think that's universally accepted (maybe I'm about to be proved wrong) but I've played ten games over the last week or two and there's been an 8-0, a 7-0, a 4-4, a 5-0 and a 5-4. Lag doesn't seem so bad, but (and this is entirely my opinion) I think the elimination of the lag has lead to the easier exploitation of the gameplay, and the ridiculous scorelines (some say it's the goalkeepers at fault but I think that's garbage - the midfield doesn't exist in any match you play).

I've had no connection problems (PC) - all running smooth as butter. Only encountered one obvious lagger so far (and he was doing it during a friendly lol)

Problem for me is the pace of the game when your opponent is fully assisted. Spammy pinball. Quite boring mostly, although I have had a few entertaining games.

I play full manual and have never been able to get a random game with another manual player. On manual you can control the pace of the game better, and without laser-accurate passing. Even 1-bar assisted is waaaay too assisted this year. Even full manual isn't really full manual.

In a word, no.

I think that's universally accepted (maybe I'm about to be proved wrong) but I've played ten games over the last week or two and there's been an 8-0, a 7-0, a 4-4, a 5-0 and a 5-4. Lag doesn't seem so bad, but (and this is entirely my opinion) I think the elimination of the lag has lead to the easier exploitation of the gameplay, and the ridiculous scorelines (some say it's the goalkeepers at fault but I think that's garbage - the midfield doesn't exist in any match you play).

That sucks, I played the demo on PS4 and I'm getting the itch to buy but I'm going to try an resist if online isn't playable.

its awful online...their match making system is a joke. Every game I get paired with frickin real madrid man utd, barcelona, Lyon ...Ive tried picking 1 star up to 4 star teams but always get a top team. This is why i never played Fifa online cos their online only had about 10 teams...fuckin hell Konami get it sorted. If i select 3 star I wanna play against other 3 stars not the same frickin teams over and over played mainly by little kids. Every game I've quit at half time cos it sucks goin on as Brisbane roar (that was an experiment) against Bayern Munich...FFS 10-0 down at half time and thats the norm. Not so much I'm bad but if yer gonna make a game like this then why bother with so many teams and leagues. Just make a game with 20 fuckin teams...job done. ONLINE sucks. ... and I ain't even touched on the lag and button delay in games while other players zoom past me.. I was so loving this offline but looks like it's shelf life is gonna be short lived thanks to the crap online games.

Seriously folks if you don't mind offline it's a great game. However if you love playing others online then don't bother...or wait until its been out a few months and they've MAYBE done something to remedy it, by all means then give it a go, but as it stand it's pants online.

Last edited:
yup ... people have forgotten what playing football is like. It's become a clone of "10 Team Fifa" where only 10 teams are used by people online... Im sick of it.
I've given up on online play almost completely. I played a few more games with a two star team and still gettin paired with PSg and Real ... I won 1 game out of 10 against Napoli...don't know how but I jumped a league with that 1 win...lol but got fed up playing PSG and Real over and over... boring.. and everyone is soooo much faster and sharper...and they just run into you...refs need fuckin tweakin to stop this as that too is becoming like Fifa's rubber bouncy men... not quite the same but every bit as annoying and frustrating. Even if I use a good team the online gameplay just blows chunks.

I mean people are moaning about what teams and leagues and licensing are gonna be in it, then they go online and select Barca and shit...whats that all about...? sigh...kids eh...do they really think people are impressed if they're top of a league with Barca or Man Utd...duh!

Last edited:
well just looked at the last 10 games I played. 2x Real Madrid, 2x Bayen M, 1x Roma, 1x Napoli, and 4x PSG. All against the mighty Banefield 2 1/2 stars. I refuse to pick the same team as everyone else. Who want s to pick PSG just to get paired with PSG all the time ... PES should at least give us an option to quit at team selection before the game kicks off or let us select a list of teams we don't want to be paired with more than twice, or even have a blocked teams list. They gotta do something or I'll have to wait until they actually get a proper match making system in place. You should be able to have the option to only play teams at your level or below. So If I elect a team of 3 stars I only get paired with teams of 3 stars or less. Surely I'm not the only one on the planet who wants to play as different teams other than the 4 1/2 or 5 star ones. Why not just release a fuckin game with 20 teams... job done. This is not football. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom