Official GTA: SA Thread - (XBox & PC 7th June '05)

Very Liam Gallagher :)

There is another teaser/micro-site linked from maccer.net that you can go to. I expect more of these over then coming weeks.

Don'y know if any of this has been posted yet, but there are some interestin titbits here:

The car moddin sounds sweet, and being able to put stuff in ya boot!! :shock: ;)

New/Revised Information
The Bay Bridge is known as the Garden Bridge in San Fierro.
Three new missions are discussed. We'll have them on the Missions page soon.
Four Radio Stations are confirmed. Flash FM, SF-UR, Hit Radio and K-Jah West FM

Car modification is definitely in, with plenty of parts available to buy at the Transfender Garage:
Exhausts
Front & Rear Bumpers
Wings
Wheels
Roof
Spoiler
Prices for each part vary, but expect to pay $970 for a standard front bumper upgrade
Holding the X and Circle buttons will activate the nitro, the only car customisation option which affects performance

A visit to the Cobra Martial Arts Dojo will provide CJ with the ability to learn new martial arts moves. One word of caution, learning such moves, like the Drop Heel Kick, will overwrite any moves learned at other gyms.
Creating a combination of techniques like martial arts and streetfighting will be key to success in combat.

Cesar will appear in San Fierro, and seems to be friendly with CJ. Expect to be stealing cars from places like Otto's Autos with Cesar.

Loads more screens.

I'm going to knock myself into a coma for two months! ;)

914983_20040813_screen002.jpg

I wonder if this is gonna hurt?

914983_20040813_screen003.jpg

Sneaky sneaky.

914983_20040813_screen004.jpg

Now for some Eastenders!!

914983_20040807_screen004.jpg

How you doin?

914983_20040820_screen004.jpg

Do you think they mean me?

914983_20040820_screen001.jpg

I like to ride my bicycle, I like to ride my bike!

914983_20040821_screen025.jpg

First we had fast food, now we have fast redemption!

914983_20040821_screen026.jpg

:shock:

914983_20040821_screen034.jpg

Nice tats!

914983_20040821_screen013.jpg

Party harty!

914983_20040821_screen024.jpg

You talkin to me?

914983_20040821_screen002.jpg

2 points!!!

914983_20040821_screen015.jpg

Step away from the vehicle!

Well there you go, I think that's my good deed of the day.

More pics:-

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/screenindex.html

Bit more news about sound tracks.

Also abit at the end about SMOKING! :shock:

"Although we are keeping the specific details of the track listing under wraps for now, gamers can expect the full spectrum of the early 90's FM dial, both in the game and on the official soundtrack," a Rockstar spokesperson told GameSpot this evening. "Over the next month or so leading up to the game's release, some details regarding some of the tracks in the game may be revealed."

“The in-game radio stations featured in Grand Theft Auto have been one of the most celebrated and revolutionary aspects of the game since its inception," said Terry Donovan, CEO of Rockstar Games, in the statement that will be released tomorrow. "Through our partnership with Interscope Records, we are confident that the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas soundtrack will continue to reach new standards of excellence and creativity, and will exceed anything that the video game industry or Hollywood have ever produced in terms of size, scope and depth.”

The partnership with Universal represents a change for Rockstar; the soundtrack compilation for 2002's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was done in collaboration with Sony, on its Epic Records label. The soundtrack's seven CDs were sold separately or in a special box set. Today's news suggests a San Andreas soundtrack of at least similar size.

Cigarettes are sold at certain stores and after purchasing some you can smoke them.

I'm going to install GTA3 or Vice City on my PC again to ease a bit of the waiting, does anyone know of any mods for either of them?

Edit: Ok a quick Google and I answered this myself....

GTA3: realGTA

Then, months later, arguably the best mod for GTA III was released: RealGTA3. It replaced a ton of cars, added the Statue of Liberty, weapons, pedestrians, buildings, and so much more. Nine months of work went into the mod:

GTA Vice City: Vice City Deluxe

Vice City Deluxe is a Total Conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
It replaces (almost) every vehicle with awesome high res ones, it makes Vice City feel like a much more modern, real place. it modifies HEAPS of things to make it better in every way possible. As well as vehicles replaced, theres also heaps of cool map mods to make vice city more fun too. such as a skatepark, motocross track, rally park.... etc.
Also, to add to the realism, theres heaps of building changed, including kaufman cabs is now "yellow cab co" (and the cars have been modded accordingly) theres a few small shops including seven eleven, mcdonalds, pizza huts, amcal... and many more.
May i suggest that if you want more info on this mod, Install it now, and go play it!!! :)

Massive update on IGN tonight, heres some highlights...

IGN said:
Now one of the biggest questions that people have been asking us since the countryside was announced was how long it would take to drive across it from corner to corner. Unfortunately the answer to that question still isn't known yet; as Rockstar representatives were rather honest with us when they told us that they hadn't really timed it and still have more elements to add before they'd do so. Even still, the land area in San Andreas is huge and as an example, we witnessed our guide travel back from one of the game's several small towns to Los Santos over the span of which, seemed like nearly twenty minutes. He wasn't exactly lollygagging either -- as he used both the brand new Monster Truck vehicle, a dirty lawnmower-sounding dirt bike, and an airplane similar to that of Grand Theft Auto III to get us there. If that doesn't tell you how big the state of San Andreas really is, then get ready to be wowed when you finally play it.

IGN said:
And as we traveled upward, the mountain view further went to prove Rockstar's claim that everything in the game casts a shadow -- as the trees, rocks, and mountain itself all had a realistic effect on the areas we looked towards in relation to the position of the sun. Additionally, the draw-distance was far beyond that of the previous GTA games with a breathtaking view that allowed us to see miles in the distance (our guide even busted out a disposable camera to zoom around and get a better look), while our bike kicked up a convincing dust cloud behind us. Frankly, this whole range of visual wizardry looked pretty damned awesome

IGN said:
What we saw above wasn't the only new goody to be discovered in San Andreas, however, as we also learned about one of the brand-new weapons in Grand Theft Auto -- the Desert Eagle.

Large and imposing, the massive handgun has more stopping power per round than any other weapon except for sniper rifles; and when CJ first starts to try and use it, he'll barely be able to hold onto it when firing; as he'll need to get more used to the weapon first before he can become proficient with it. It's an intriguing weapon to be sure, and one that Rockstar tells us is one of the most lethal new weapons on the game.

IGN said:
Easily one of the funniest things we saw, the ability to ride an industrial strength lawnmower has been included in GTA as well. Considered a last-ditch ride, this goofy looking automobile will likely have little practical use when running from the law, but we'll be damned if it isn't funny. Plus, it is legitimately faster than running -- so who knows? Maybe you can find a use for it after all. But if you're looking for something to do in-between mower runs, be on the lookout for rural races that take place all over the state. Whether it's an uphill rocky road race in your 4x4 or a motocross competition with your dirt bike, there are plenty of moneymaking and adrenaline-pumping activities.

IGN said:
One final aspect of the 18-wheeler that players should take note of is that Rockstar tells us that they make unbelievable "rolling bombs." So if you ever want to take out a large group of guys in concentrated areas or just want to see a bunch of pretty lights, simply speed your tanker towards the crowd and dive out at the last minute. Follow it up with a quick blast with your rocket launcher and BOOM! Instant mass barbeque!

IGN said:
Another cool little feature related to nature, is the fact that the moon now goes through regular phases. Since the game has its own internal clock that keeps track of what days you've spent in the world, it knows what day of the week it is as well. And just as it does in our universe, the moon in the San Andreas universe will cycle through a 30-day phase so that it changes every evening. What's more is that the moon and the stars will even look brighter when you're away from the lights of the city and in the comforts of the countryside. Nice!

IGN said:
Now as we're sure you've guessed by now, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has also added a number of RPG-like elements to its gameplay system, and its application to the targeting system is pretty important. In fact, there are six different attributes related to how players use guns that can affect their overall performance when firing. Naturally, these skills can be improved upon over time (by using that particular weapon and it's action more frequently, ala The Elder Scrolls games). Listed below are the categories that would-be gun maniacs can look forward to:
Reload Time: The more improved CJ becomes at this skill, the fewer seconds he'll need when reloading. This is extremely important when involved in large-group firefights.

Fire Rate: This skill dictates how many bullets CJ can spray in a certain amount of time. The better the skill, the more ammo he can unload in shorter instances.

Accuracy: When players improve this skill, the circle outside of their reticule will expand and contract for better a visual representation of your target lock. As always, crouching also improves the precision of your shots.

Weapon Stance and Movement: Each weapon has a different ability relative to that weapon type that can be unlocked. This means that some weapons, for instance, can earn the ability to allow CJ to move while firing. While others improve your character's weapon stance so that he has faster strafe speeds or uninhibited backwards movement when firing.

Dual Weapons: What Rockstar is calling "The Ultimate Upgrade," this skill allows CJ to handle two weapons at a time. This effectively doubles CJ's firing rate and length of time between reloads.

And just because we love this game so damn much...

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031621250.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031620515.jpg

:D

Every new bit of info makes me want to raid R* HQ and steal a copy of the game now :twisted:

And theres more from GAMESPOT...

Here you'll find a mini video with a guy talking about the game. Latest news from that is theres a Bulldozer you can use to flip cars with :D

Here you'll find a text preview, i havent fully read it yet mind so i dont know if theres much new stuff in there.

And finally some more pics:-
914983_20040903_screen001.jpg

<is that a spade i see? :D >
914983_20040903_screen006.jpg

914983_20040903_screen008.jpg

914983_20040903_screen009.jpg

Cant wait :)

My Sweet lord. How much stuff can they get on a dvd?? This fucking thing looks like being a landmark game. I'm dying to find out how long it takes to get from one end of the game to the other. what is it now, about 50 days?

This game is looking sensational. I just read both previews from Gamespot and IGN and the countryside is sounding more interesting than the cities doe to its uniqueness. I'm currently playing Vice City for the first time and I am loving it. I never bought GTA3 or VC I only borrowed them of my brother, however San Andreas is looking like a must have!!

ReActor said:
This game is looking sensational. I just read both previews from Gamespot and IGN and the countryside is sounding more interesting than the cities doe to its uniqueness. I'm currently playing Vice City for the first time and I am loving it. I never bought GTA3 or VC I only borrowed them of my brother, however San Andreas is looking like a must have!!

I'm going thru Vice City again at the mo, it is a lot easier thru the second time but the experience of it is 2nd to None!!! 8) ;)

kms53 said:
great game... but what do you think is the best feature in the game??

I think it's too early to tell really due to the fact that I am sure they are holding back A LOT of new features. There are lots of things that sound amazing though, No load times, riding a BMX down the mountain, flying across an entire state, the character differences between the 4 main play areas, how will the gritty CJ look when he makes it big in Los Venturas?? There are too many possibilities to think up at the moment!! But that is the amazing thing I am finding about VC, the way I play the game is bound to be totally different to someone else. So sharing routes/tricks/stories always seems unique, well to me it does anyway.

there is too much to take in. monster trucks, mountain bikes, ATV, BMX, and they have hardly mentioned the amount of new weapons. this game is gonna last forever. or at least until the next one.

ProEvo said:
ReActor said:

I'm going thru Vice City again at the mo, it is a lot easier thru the second time but the experience of it is 2nd to None!!! 8) ;)

Same here! Just finished GTA3 a couple of days ago and gonna be starting Vice city, Do u guys know whether its possible to use the Deluxe patch onto a PS2 copy? :-k

rockykabir said:
ProEvo said:
ReActor said:

Same here! Just finished GTA3 a couple of days ago and gonna be starting Vice city, Do u guys know whether its possible to use the Deluxe patch onto a PS2 copy? :-k

I'm sure the Deluxe Patch is for PC only, I've just got to the Property buying bit in VC, gettin the Mansion off Diaz is truly a great moment!!! 8)

Country life in San Andreas - less milking cows, more running over someone's head in a ride-able lawnmower. From raging forest fires to downhill bike races to garden shovel trade-offs, the outskirts of San Andreas offers almost as much excitement as the polluted, noisy metropolis of its city centres.

Here are the latest screens and details regarding GTA: San Andreas' peril-ridden outskirts, with new information on its brand new targeting system.

CAN YOU DIG IT?
While Vice City introduced golf clubs and chainsaws, San Andreas has a few extra items hidden up its sleeve. The garden shovel, for example, not only allows you to dig shallow graves (Rockstar never disclosed whether this allows you to bury folk), but it also enables you to enjoy the satisfying 'klunk' or a shovel connecting with somebody's bonce.

Apparently, each melee weapon - and there are a few other new additions too - features a number of attacks, and as a first, CJ can now both lock onto opponents and block incoming blows. Very handy.

BULLDOZIN' OFF
The bulldozer is one of several new vehicles you can operate. This weighty beast boasts a plough (controllable with the right-analogue stick) that allows you to flip cars, frighten passers-by and destroy vast parts of the scenery. Be warned though - the bulldozer utilises rear-wheel steering (where the front wheels are locked into place), and can be a right git to drive.

FLYIN' HIGH
Thanks to San Andreas' incredibly huge environments, air travel is rising to prominence, with a number of plane varieties to fly. The Dodo has miraculously grown wings, and handles far better as a consequence, while the Crop Duster biplane benefits from improved plane physics, enabling you to perform barrel rolls, loops and hammerheads.

ON YER BIKE
Endure a tiring traipse to the top of Mount Chiliad, and CJ can enter into a perilous downhill mountain bike race all the way back to the bottom. Numerous gears enable riders to travel faster, plus there are a number of obstacles to be avoided/leapt. Be warned though - your fellow competitors are all mischievous foes, and will have no hesitation in knocking you flying - not that similar tactics cannot be employed by your good self, of course.

TWISTED FIRESTARTER
Fires can spread like, well, wildfire, and it's not unknown for one burning car to start off another and another, and before you know it, it's panic time! Although the San Andreas Fire Department is often at hand to solve such burning issues, you can't always count on it. Thankfully, CJ can also fight flames with extinguishers, rescuing damsels in distress as he sprays flames from the bottom upwards.

Seeing that firefighting was listed under 'countryside details', we're guessing that the threat of fires is far more serious in the proximity of surrounding forests.

LAWNMOWER MAN
Not exactly the fastest vehicle around, but if you're desperate, you can always pick up a lift with a riding lawnmower - at least they'll get you over tricky terrain. Plus, we imagine it would make a nasty mess if you run someone down. Ouch!

BIG TRUCK
Short of cash and passing through the rolling hills west of Los Santos? Then get some work with the RU Haul shipping company, where your daily task will involve transporting cargo (some legal, some 'hot') to various destinations in an 18-wheeler truck. This monstrous vehicle promises authentic handling and physics, meaning that it's possible to jack-knife if you lose grip, plus if you crash too much, expect to go up in a ball of flames.

ROAD RASHIN'
For boy racers with a difference, the countryside hosts numerous race events for you to enter. From 4x4 truck jaunts to motocross action, simply take your pick.

GUNS A-GUNG-HO!
San Andreas features an entirely reworked shooting system. While R1 still raises your weapon and Circle fires it, it also gives you a number of targeting options - firstly, it will try to lock on to the nearest aggressor. Failing that, it will select the closest target in front of you within a range of just over 90-degrees. If this still fails, you enter 'free aim' mode, which gives you an over-the-shoulder, behind-character camera and a targeting reticule in the centre of the screen.

Left analogue is then used to move CJ backwards and forwards and strafe left and right, while right analogue operates the camera. L1 now becomes your trigger button. The aim of this targeting mode is to deliver a more classic third-person shooter feel during intense shootouts. However, R2 and L2 can still be used to cycle through locked targets.

WEAPON SKILL
CJ is graded in various categories of weapon use. The more he uses a firearm, the better he becomes with that particular item. The specific areas are: reload time; fire rate (shoot more bullets in less time); accuracy (your reticule becomes larger); weapon stance and movement (each weapon boasts unlockable abilities such as moving whilst firing, faster strafe speed and moving backwards whilst firing); and dual weapons (using two firearms at once).

COUNTRY GUNS
The countryside features one weapon totally exclusive to it - the Desert Eagle, or simply, the DEAGLE. This strapping handgun is extremely powerful, but very difficult to use. In fact, CJ will look like a right muppet when he first tries to squeeze its trigger.

CWright said:
while the Crop Duster biplane benefits from improved plane physics, enabling you to perform barrel rolls, loops and hammerheads.

WEAPON SKILL
The more he uses a firearm, the better he becomes with that particular item. The specific areas are: accuracy (your reticule becomes larger)

With the Biplane can anyone explain what a hammerhead is? (and I know it's a shark :roll: )

Also regarding accuracy wouldn't the reticule become smaller??

JimJoeC said:
With the Biplane can anyone explain what a hammerhead is? (and I know it's a shark :roll: )

Here ya go

Hammerhead
It starts with a quarter loop into a vertical climb. When the plane stops climbing, it pivots around its vertical axis (which is now horizontal).The nose moves in a vertical circle from pointing up through the horizon to pointing down. After moving vertically down to pick up speed again, the maneuver is finished with the last quarter of a loop to horizontal flight. This figure can have optionally rolls on both the up-line and the down-line.

The quarter loop is flown just like the first part of a loop. When the plane is vertical, the elevator backpressure is released completely. During the vertical line up, some right aileron and right rudder is needed to maintain the vertical attitude because of the engine torque and p-factor. When the plane has slowed enough, full rudder initiates the turnaround. It is followed by right-forward stick (right aileron and forward elevator) to keep the plane from torquing off. The pivot is stopped with opposite rudder when the nose points straight down. When the pivot is completed, the ailerons and rudder are neutralized. Elevator and rudder are used to keep the nose pointing straight down. The pivot must be completed within one wingspan. Rolls on the downline require only aileron input if the plane is trimmed correctly.

This maneuver is sometimes called a hammerhead stall. This is not an accurate name because the airplane never stalls. The airspeed may be very low, close to zero, but since there is no wingloading during the turn-around, there is no stall (at zero g wing loading, a wing does not stall). The plane is flying throughout the maneuver with all the control surfaces effective (although sometimes only marginally so).

It sounds pretty straight forward to me!!!!!!!

ReActor said:
It sounds pretty straight forward to me!!!!!!!

By the sounds of that it's where the plane goes up vertically then kind of flops over and spins back to earth.

I think?

Whatever it is it's going to be so very sweet.

Hopefully you'll be able to customize the planes by fixing weapons to the front of them!

Will there be an air force? Like the Hunter in VC will this game have a jet?? How cool would that be! 8)

i think it's definetly (sp?) going to be the best ps2 game 8) .. and the weaponss seem great... fire extingushir (sp?) and a shovel :D we can break people's heads maybe... you could see the brain!!

Back
Top Bottom