No PC demo for PES 2014?

I really hope that the community get's behind the modders rather than insult them by sending them private messages and nonsense like that. I don't know if that's happening but it seems it might be which is absurd to say the least. Were all disappointed about the demo news. But that is in no way the modders fault and chasing them away is not the way to go about it. Without these individuals the pc version we play everyday wouldn't even be playable after the first month of release.

I really hope this isn't happening, and if anyone has done this they should be disgusted with themselves.

The modders make PES on the PC such a great experience. I will always hold them in high regard and appreciate their efforts.

Not releasing a demo only affects preorders. Demo last year was made just like a game, not patched, but unlocked. Konami should have strip the demo or didn't care as long popularity of the game increses with the modding community. Demo will be forgotten. 9 days before release is anyway too close to release and even few days to other thing, that is not going to be mentioned here.... demo release is useless that late.

It's a new engine, and they fear of messing up in the demo. Nesa says is different gameplay. So it's something more in here than it looks. It's not fair to point at modders as they improve always the game.

Re: PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Looks like the PC demo conversation is over, so ignore my post if you are sick of hearing about it. However, i felt like there are things that must be said. To no one in particular, just to all of you.

And Lami, just for the record, i'm not trolling here. And neither was nesa24.

the comment from Adam about demo not being available due to modding of demo last year and revealing of licenses: i don't know whether to believe that or not. Sounds like he's telling the truth this time, but if that's so, it's an appalling statement. As people here already noted, if licenses is really a concern, it is trivial for Konami to release a demo on PC with just unlicensed teams, and _not_ include the full database in the executable and game files. It is not hard to do. I think there's another reason for why they don't want to release PC demo before the full game release. They just don't want to tell us. Maybe it's not ready.. maybe it's something else. To be fair - there is nothing wrong with not releasing the demo and not telling why. What rubbed me the wrong way was that they decided to present it as if it was the fans and the modders fault. I find that incredibly sad and stupid.

And one last thing. To all of you, who say that if modders didn't touch the demo, we'd have it today:
Maybe. Maybe not. What i know for a fact is that every year since PES 3, when the demo was released, there was immediate outcry for more minutes, more teams, different cameras, updated kits, etc. Modders who did all these little tools and programs were good guys then. Now you turn back to these people and say "hey, it's all your fault for don't have a demo!". Shame on you.

That's all i had to say. Thanks for reading.

Peferctly said Juce!

juce, nice to see you around :WORSHIP:

And please, read again Lami. I don't think juce took it as a personal offense or was emotional in his post.

He said it's not difficult to remove extra content from the demo, so Adam's comment couldn't be the real reason behind their decision.

Konami can't blame anyone but themselves for last years thing. 'As a company' they should know people always look for this kind of leak

Sorry to disappoint you mate but that's not right.

Check this zlac posted earlier in this page and you'll know where the real millions are coming from.

ebvv.th.jpg

i know because i buy pes every year.. pc,ps3 and psp..!pc for patches and ps3 for online because on ps3 is not that many cheaters like on pc..!keep the faith!

I was only responding to the general phrase 'well-meaning majority' of the PC PES players, most not being pirates and intending to buy the game. I didn't even quote entire post Jamezinho made so that people wouldn't make the assumption that I'm suggesting or defending the view that most PES players play on a PC. Neither did I refer to the hacked demo from last year - but to the PES demo in general. Maybe you misunderstood my point?

I'm aware that these statistics aren't completely accurate because they include entire Konami production, including console exclusives too. So let's compensate a little bit - let's use Konami's 'Soccer' category as sole representative of Konami's PC market. There's one game only in that category, right? PES. And this is probably the only category with any significant PC share. 'Soccer' category amounts to slightly less than 50% of 2013 sales, so shall we double the global PC percentage to compensate? Or even triple it, just to be more generous? 1% in total of 13.5 mil. units is roughly equivalent to 2.5% in total of 6 mil. units.

So is it then 2.5%-3% max for PC share in PES units sold? About 150000 copies for PC sold worldwide? That's supposed to be entire PC player base of PES? Are we really that small? Something doesn't add-up.

That's why I said I'd like to see the breakdown of figures for the downloads of last year's demo. As an indicator of an interest for the game. Yes, we don't know those figures, but would I be so much wrong if I presume that users across all three major platforms are more or less equally interested in playing PES? So where do most of the PC players that show interest in PES demo disappear when it comes to final sales figures? Should be pretty obvious - piracy.

That was my unfortunate point - that we, PC players who actually buy the game, are well-meaning minority, not majority.

Besides the fact that you are looking at 2013's figures when Pes is released in the autumn so there would only be tail-off sales of it in 2013 (no release this year yet). You've still missed the point, you are using the fact that in comparison not many people buy on PC as an argument that most people pirate on PC. None of these figures have any information to back that up. PC sales are so low in comparison; stats online for the game suggest 40k trackable sales (read not all sales) on PC, vs. 1.2m on PS3. This only means that a lot less people buy on PC. Considering that console games outsell PC on almost all genres by a huge margin (there are a few exceptions) it's a very believable stat. But it still has NO bearing as an argument to say most PC PES gamers pirate rather than buying.

The only trackable stats I've seen on pirates versus paid gamers is for a game called Demigod (google it). That has 5:1 pirates to buyers trying to play on the initial launch (that they could see when it tried to connect to their servers). It was a DRM free game, and it was a completely different genre. Even if it was the same genre and had the same protection, it still wouldn't be a valid enough stat for your argument since it's from 4 years ago. Finally you would also need to know how many people tried to play the Demigod demo and only count those who loaded it more than once (or perhaps more) to only count those who actually were playing it. If the number of players on the demo was every one that pirated or bought the game, you would then game a nice stat set for your argument.

I have no doubt there are people pirating games out there, but please stop using non-relevant stats to try and back up a point you just 'believe' is true. We don't KNOW that MOST people who play PES on PC are pirates. Even the official statement (which of course you can chose not to believe) stated it was because of license issues. I'll read between the lines on that (I know not a FACT :) ) that they hadn't signed the paperwork for using someone's image rights (be it a person/team/league) and so had no right to have used it in the game yet.

I've dealt with licensing in work a few times. A lot of the time it can cost you money if you wait to get a license signed off before committing resource to it. You basically take a risk analysis on it costing you money if you use the license on the basis of getting it, then remove the content later if you don't get approval. I suspect (again, no primary evidence...) Konami took this approach and were a little foolish in leaving this content in the demo data and having it come back to bite them.

Anyway, enough business talk...the game is meant to be fun. I like fun! I want to play this game a LOT!

The problem here is you're mixing these business decisions with what you guys have been doing to mod this game for many years. In addition, there are millions who have nothing to do with your mods, believe it or not. So why shame them? No shame here whatsoever.

I initially wrote a long and angry response, but it was primarily bullshit and emotions, so i scrapped it ;).
You are mostly correct, some little things are wrong, but it doesn't really matter.

I initially wrote a long and angry response, but it was primarily bullshit and emotions, so i scrapped it ;).
You are mostly correct, some little things are wrong, but it doesn't really matter.

Hi. Juce, how about these day?
I sent the some email to you about .afs analysis files.
i hope you check/analysis the .afs files.
thanks.

Looks like the PC demo conversation is over, so ignore my post if you are sick of hearing about it. However, i felt like there are things that must be said. To no one in particular, just to all of you.

And Lami, just for the record, i'm not trolling here. And neither was nesa24.

the comment from Adam about demo not being available due to modding of demo last year and revealing of licenses: i don't know whether to believe that or not. Sounds like he's telling the truth this time, but if that's so, it's an appalling statement. As people here already noted, if licenses is really a concern, it is trivial for Konami to release a demo on PC with just unlicensed teams, and _not_ include the full database in the executable and game files. It is not hard to do. I think there's another reason for why they don't want to release PC demo before the full game release. They just don't want to tell us. Maybe it's not ready.. maybe it's something else. To be fair - there is nothing wrong with not releasing the demo and not telling why. What rubbed me the wrong way was that they decided to present it as if it was the fans and the modders fault. I find that incredibly sad and stupid.

And one last thing. To all of you, who say that if modders didn't touch the demo, we'd have it today:
Maybe. Maybe not. What i know for a fact is that every year since PES 3, when the demo was released, there was immediate outcry for more minutes, more teams, different cameras, updated kits, etc. Modders who did all these little tools and programs were good guys then. Now you turn back to these people and say "hey, it's all your fault for don't have a demo!". Shame on you.

That's all i had to say. Thanks for reading.

Are you the GREAT Juce that created the KitServer? Man, if you are, I admire your work, dude.

I really hope this isn't happening, and if anyone has done this they should be disgusted with themselves.

The modders make PES on the PC such a great experience. I will always hold them in high regard and appreciate their efforts.

No modders would mean Fifa all the way for me. No way in hell could I stick with Man Red, London Blue and all the other made up stuff.

lol at blaming modding community.

if it weren't for modding Konami would have nothing.

....wont even bother with PES 14 will wait till PS4 and PES15.

PES2013 already has enough mods to least another year.

No modders would mean Fifa all the way for me. No way in hell could I stick with Man Red, London Blue and all the other made up stuff.

What does modders have to do with editing team names? Modders are much more than simply that.

So you're saying you'd simply switch games for licenses? Isn't that superficial though?

What does modders have to do with editing team names? Modders are much more than simply that.

So you're saying you'd simply switch games for licenses? Isn't that superficial though?

Ach, I really don't know to be honest. Fifa has the licences yes, but then again it's going to be recycled gameplay for five years.

Thankfully that isn't the case - the modders can edit the team names/kits (as well as all the other fantastic stuff they do).

Back
Top Bottom