No PC demo for PES 2014?

KopOut

League 2
22 July 2006
Heard due to these 100 unlocked teams etc mods for demos in last few years made them not to do demo for pes 2014 PC. which is sad but i understand their point of view. knew it was a bad idea to extend pc demo like that.

Last edited:
May aswell not bother getting the pc version this year. The amount of people in the servers for PES2013 was bad enough. Now with this shocking marketing decision there will be even less.

Not sure they realise what these hackers are actually doing for the game in terms of selling it. You may say it was wrong them unlocking it last year but I bet it improved sales come release of the game.

Well done Konami I think you've just lost my 20-30 pounds and I would guess many others.

Great. So we have to wait until after the game is out before even trying the demo. That makes a lot of sense, Konami.

Just repeating what was said in the main thread, but what would be the harm in releasing a PC demo two or three days before release? Seriously, how little damage would that do?

Even releasing the demo at the same time as consoles shouldn't be a problem as it is comparatively late compared to previous years. By the 11/12th of September every thing will be known about the game any way.

I feel very let down by this. It's punishing the honest, well-meaning majority.

Just repeating what was said in the main thread, but what would be the harm in releasing a PC demo two or three days before release? Seriously, how little damage would that do?

Even releasing the demo at the same time as consoles shouldn't be a problem as it is comparatively late compared to previous years. By the 11/12th of September every thing will be known about the game any way.

That's the way it works though, eh? Because there are twats pirating games, we all have to jump through DRM that ranges from restrictive to downright out of order (Ubi's 'always on' DRM for example).

Who knows - maybe my head will still be turned by Fifa. If Konami had released the PC demo at the same time as the consoles' then I'm sure I wouldn't even bother looking at the Fifa demo. Dumb move, Konami - your rival are alienating PC gamers one way, and you're now doing it another way.

That's the way it works though, eh? Because there are twats pirating games, we all have to jump through DRM that ranges from restrictive to downright out of order (Ubi's 'always on' DRM for example).

Who knows - maybe my head will still be turned by Fifa. If Konami had released the PC demo at the same time as the consoles' then I'm sure I wouldn't even bother looking at the Fifa demo. Dumb move, Konami - your rival are alienating PC gamers one way, and you're now doing it another way.

With all respect, even more dumb move by ea. Not giving PC users the current up-to-date fifa experience instead giving them current and what will be last gen experience, it's really degrading for pc buyers, it took them til fifa 11 to give them current experience, which was 5 year's after the first fifa released on the new consoles, which is totally unacceptable for any company imo.

With all respect, even more dumb move by ea. Not giving PC users the current up-to-date fifa experience instead giving them current and what will be last gen experience, it's really degrading for pc buyers, it took them til fifa 11 to give them current experience, which was 5 year's after the first fifa released on the new consoles, which is totally unacceptable for any company imo.

No argument there mate - I don't buy it for a second that the average gaming PC can't handle the Ignite engine, especially when you look at how amazing PES 14 looks - and that's on the ancient Xbox 360/PS3.

Get ready for five years or so of recycled Fifa, because that's all we'll get from EA. Then we'll get 'Ignite' for a couple of years before gaming tech. is allowed to shudder forwards another few inches and we're fed recycled Fifa all over again.

If only Konami would provide a comprehensive editor, similar to the one rumoured a few days back by that unreliable Brazilian site, then I'd never look at Fifa again.

We have a news PUMP for today yet!

https://www.facebook.com/PESNEWSBR?hc_location=timeline

Update: 15 minutes ago.

I don't know what it is but i saw saying this on PES News on Facebook.

I hope is a Demo Release for PC at the same point as the Consoles.

This is a trust Facebook account, they put only the real news of KONAMI, let's wait and see the magic.

lol, that PESBR site is bullshit, that's their facebook page by the looks of it :/

Majority? Console version outsells the PC version by 10 to 1, even more with FIFA. We're in the vast minority, that's why Konami is focused on getting a demo out for consoles first.

Last edited:
Majority? Console version outsells the PC version by 10 to 1, even more with FIFA. We're in the vast minority, that's why Konami is focused on getting a demo out for consoles first.

Cobblers. Konami are throwing a hissy-fit over the mods that were made for the PC version, which if anything increase sales! The PC demo is usually out at more or less the same time as the consoles.

EA knows they'll sell 14 million units of current-gen FIFA, no matter what they do with the game. So they focused their resources on next-gen. Pure business move, makes them a ton of money (twice in one year), how is that dumb for them?

EA knows they'll sell 14 million units of current-gen FIFA, no matter what they do with the game. So they focused their resources on next-gen. Pure business move, makes them a ton of money (twice in one year), how is that dumb for them?

The really dumb people are the idiots who are going to buy Fifa 14 CG, and then buy Fifa 14 'NG' when it comes out. EA must really see these people coming!

EA couldn't give a toss about the PC anyway.

The really dumb people are the idiots who are going to buy Fifa 14 CG, and then buy Fifa 14 'NG' when it comes out. EA must really see these people coming!

I wouldn't say that, yes PC players are getting screwed over in FIFA sense but as someone stated the console version outsells the PC version 10-1(although we don't know the figures as Origin sales are not released, this figure is only in the retail market), but also if PC had NG this year the PC version would come out before the NG consoles are released therefore damaging the NG sales.

But what about BF3?? That is a million times better on PC than any console, PC is the lead development platform and even the NG machines wont touch the PC version.
The Sims is another massive game which is pretty much a PC exclusive, yes PC gamers might get screwed on FIFA but EA certainly do care about PC players.

As for the PES demo, do people not have a console to try the demo on then if you like it buy the PC version, I am pretty sure PC gamers do have a console they use as a paperweight somewhere.

People have different needs; some people just need to have the latest toys and games. Has nothing to do with which game or platform is better. You seem to need to have a PC demo before the full game is released. Me, I can wait because I'll be waiting anyway until I read a couple weeks worth of user reviews. You talk of dumb people. Well, given how awful PES has been for years now, IMO anyone who rushes out and buys PES 2014 without 1. Waiting for user reviews; and 2. playing the demo first, is buying into the Konami hype and is just as gullible and dumb as those buying into EA's next-gen hype.

I take no sides in any of this, the issue has everything to do with consumer patience, awareness, and smarts. You can bet that if PES 2014 is a flop, the people on Evo-Web who spam the forum in September with countless moaning posts how bad it is and how Konami ripped them off AGAIN, will be the same dummies who rushed out and bought the game on release day, and who didn't bother to wait for the demo or for user reviews. That's the way it rolls every year.

Last edited:

Oh dear. You missed the point.

This isn't about PC vs console. My reference to the 'well-meaning majority' refers to the PC PES players. Most aren't pirates and do intend to buy the game.

People have different needs; some people just need to have the latest toys and games. Has nothing to do with which game or platform is better.

You seem to need to have a PC demo before the full game is released. Me, I can wait because I'll be waiting anyway until I read a couple weeks worth of user reviews. You talk of dumb people. Well, given how awful PES has been for years now, IMO anyone who rushes out and buys PES 2014 without 1. Waiting for user reviews; and 2. playing the demo first, is buying into the Konami hype and is just as dumb as those buying into EA's next-gen hype.

Exactly. Playing the demo - something PC gamers can't do until the game is already out. I don't know about you, but I've been champing at the bit for a new football game. Now while all the console gamers get to play the game, us PC gamers have to sit around twiddling our thumbs.

Spin it how you like, it's disrespectful to PC gamers.

I wouldn't say that, yes PC players are getting screwed over in FIFA sense but as someone stated the console version outsells the PC version 10-1(although we don't know the figures as Origin sales are not released, this figure is only in the retail market), but also if PC had NG this year the PC version would come out before the NG consoles are released therefore damaging the NG sales.

But what about BF3?? That is a million times better on PC than any console, PC is the lead development platform and even the NG machines wont touch the PC version.
The Sims is another massive game which is pretty much a PC exclusive, yes PC gamers might get screwed on FIFA but EA certainly do care about PC players.

As for the PES demo, do people not have a console to try the demo on then if you like it buy the PC version, I am pretty sure PC gamers do have a console they use as a paperweight somewhere.

The Sims is not developed by EA, neither is Battlefield - they merely publish those games. There is a massive difference.

No way in hell do EA care about PC Gamers - this isn't the first time they've done this, it's the second. They'll now roll out the same game for six years or so, with some little tweaks here and there, and expect us to pay full whack for it. Jog on, EA.

Spin it how you like, it's disrespectful to PC gamers.
Spin it how you like, Konami has good reason to delay the PC demo and waiting an extra couple of days won't kill anyone.

See how differing POVs work? Nothing to do with spin, everything to do with individual perspective.

The Sims is not developed by EA, neither is Battlefield - they merely publish those games. There is a massive difference.

No way in hell do EA care about PC Gamers - this isn't the first time they've done this, it's the second. They'll now roll out the same game for six years or so, with some little tweaks here and there, and expect us to pay full whack for it. Jog on, EA.

EA owns DICE and Maxis. They're not just publisher, they run it all.

Spin it how you like, Konami has good reason to delay the PC demo and waiting an extra couple of days won't kill anyone.

See how differing POVs work? Nothing to do with spin, everything to do with individual perspective.

Good reason? Well, the only effect delaying the PC demo will have on me will be that I'll d/l and play the Fifa 14 demo instead. I wasn't going to bother, but now that's my only choice for a new football game 'fix'. And if I like what I play, I might yet buy Fifa.

Bet I'm not the only PC gamer with that mindset right now.

I've been champing at the bit for a new football game.
Guess that's why I can wait, I spend all my time editing these games and perfecting the gameplay. Still having a great time doing that with both 2013 games, I can continue on for many months with them if I have to.

And if I like what I play, I might yet buy Fifa.

Bet I'm not the only PC gamer with that mindset right now.
But if you feel FIFA 14 PC is worth buying after playing the demo, that's good for you and you'll be a happy gamer for many months. I don't see what you're losing out on here.

Honest question:

Why are people so angry about the demo coming out after the game?
The slap-in-the-face reality of karma I'd say. It hurts.

Best remedy is to recall how lucky we were a year ago and how incredible it was to be able to play a modded and essentially fully-featured demo for so many glorious weeks, before the game was ever released.

The lord giveth and taketh, and life's a b*tch sometimes unfortunately.

The slap-in-the-face reality of karma I'd say. It hurts.

Best remedy is to recall how lucky we were a year ago and how incredible it was to be able to play a modded and essentially fully-featured demo for so many glorious weeks, before the game was ever released.

But if anything, that ability increased sales, not decreased them. Who is going to stick with the demo when all you can do is play pointless exhibition matches?

But if anything, that ability increased sales, not decreased them. Who is going to stick with the demo when all you can do is play pointless exhibition matches?
Jenkey was expanding last years demo; he tried to unlock all game modes. I can fully understand that KONAMI doesn't want to see something like that again.

Jenkey was expanding last years demo; he tried to unlock all game modes. I can fully understand that KONAMI doesn't want to see something like that again.

It's been said many times but why are Konami releasing demos with essentially the whole game locked away?

Back
Top Bottom