No Country for Old Men

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Took a chance on this last night having known nothing about it at all.

What a film! If you like any of the other Coen brothers films, you'd like this.

Great casting (including the beautiful Kelly MacDonald), clever pacing, dialogue and characters. Amazingly, no score either, no music at all - and its the better for it.

For those that have or will see it, you'll agree that Shigur is one of the best one screen baddies of all times!

watched it the other night - tremendous!!

wanna watch it again though, cos i must've missed something important. it ended and i was like 'what the feck!?!?!?'

Shigur is the best baddie EVER! the sketchiest, freakiest dude in film!

btw, how's the arcade cabinet coming along? i'd check your blog, but i'm still waiting for broadband at my new place so have to go online via my phone-as-a-modem and it's 10 seconds slower than treacle...

watched it the other night - tremendous!!

wanna watch it again though, cos i must've missed something important. it ended and i was like 'what the feck!?!?!?'

Shigur is the best baddie EVER! the sketchiest, freakiest dude in film!

btw, how's the arcade cabinet coming along? i'd check your blog, but i'm still waiting for broadband at my new place so have to go online via my phone-as-a-modem and it's 10 seconds slower than treacle...

Well, dont wanna add any spoilers, but I was watching it with my GF and she missed the big 'event' near the end and in effect, didnt know what was going on at the end.

To me, it was obvious, but from reading on IMDB, she isnt the only one that missed it - perhaps what you are talking about?!

The arcade cab is finished! Gonna try to get some good pics of it and I'll stick em in this forum!

I really liked it as well.

Shigur was definately a badass with his giant silencer on his shotgun.

This and There Will Be Blood, definately will be the best pictures of the year.

The arcade cab is finished! Gonna try to get some good pics of it and I'll stick em in this forum!

do you use it as much as you had hoped/intended? what do 'older' people make of it when they see it? are they blown away? do they want one!???

do you use it as much as you had hoped/intended? what do 'older' people make of it when they see it? are they blown away? do they want one!???

Prob dont use it as much as I thought/hoped to be honest! Dunno why, as it came out really good and is pretty much exactly what I wanted it to be!

Everyone is dead impressed when they see it though and considering I'd never done anything like it before, I have to say I did bloody good! :)

I actually took some pics of it finished tonight, so will be putting them on the blog prob tomorrow.

(sorry to hijack the thread of this great film!)

Back
Top Bottom