NG Commentary in PES 2010...CAN IT BE DONE??!

amandeep

Non-League
27 October 2009
i am loving the new pes 2010 with all the mods out there....great work guys!! :)

one aspect i would love to explore more is the possibility of including next generation commentary into the game via FIFA 2009/10 on the ps3/xbox.

this would replace the default jon champion and lawro commentary with the sky sports legends that are martin tyler and andy gray (i have played fifa 10 on my ps3 and it is totally a better footballing experience when you have this commentary as opposed to the current one)

i appreciate that this will require some extensive work and many man hours but i am prepared to pitch in if we can group together a few avid pes fans to help out then im sure we can succeed.

what do you guys think???

p.s. i have read the FIFA commentary thread on this site and that refers to transferring the PC clyde tydesley/andy gray commentary which is NOT of any interest as that is pretty much like for like in my opinion so this thread is solely for the NG version.

i have managed to open the fifa10 iso with xbox backup creator, but it seams theres no sign of audio folder, so i dont know where could be the commentary files

EDIT: i have found it in dat5 with FINALBIG but its eng_eng.sbs, what a heck is sbs, i didnt find anything on the web about it...

Last edited:
I tried this last year with the FIFA09 Xbox 360 iso, I extracted the files inside the big, but I could not convert the sound files into wav files. I think it may be a lost cause. Check my post here: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1494322&postcount=37
Here is the post with the converter:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1491547&postcount=14

But the extensions of the language files are .sbs not .big, yes they are inside a .big and i can extract them with finalbig but then what tool do i need to extract the waws from the .sbs?

I honestly have given up at this stage, I have Fifa 07 audio files and I have tried to extract sound and name calling, 8 hourse and I have 3 done so far, converter will not Batch convert for me and Sound manager crashes everytime I try to export a sample.

If there is another converter from dat to wav I will be happy to use it the tools at the moment do not help me..

Slaid

i've been watching the recent gameplay videos circulating on the net, and i must say i cannot understand what's all the hype about ng commentary anyway. tyler would only represent a new voice for pes, and although there's nothing wrong with trying, i really can't see any major advantages of it. only a lot of sweat and tears when editors have to cut teamnames and player names out of comm lines.

the videos however did point out that the ng commentary actually isn't as organic as everyone keeps saying, so all i can say is "good luck". i'm supporting you all the way. i can give you some outlines of the co-commentator mapping in pes2010, if you succeed in converting.

i replaced 85% of lawro in two days. but is it really saving pes2010 for me? no. :)

:BYE:

I think John Motson's commentary will be good also. We can get the commentary files inside FIFA 2005 pc version.

I dont even get commentary on my PES2010 PC game.... Just the sound of the ball and cheering from the crowds, and I have the PES2010 original game.
I have gone to the PES in-game settings and Commentary is on with full volume

Anyone else have this problem... any ideas??

my commentary in pes 2010 is gone too..like yours..
have you found any solution to solve this problem...
plz let me know..thank you so much

Hi, i want to revive this project but change the enphysis from NG commentry to getting Clive Tildsley on PES 2010 like here on PES6

Getting John Motson is a option aswell

Getting the lines from FIFA 10, 09 etc.. for clive and fifa 05, 04 etc.. for john motson as a base and also using real lines from videos

Back
Top Bottom