NFL Thread

I`m going to it ..the atmosphere will be good I don`t have tickets but lounging about is good imo patriot might take it

That was a great game, congrats to the Steelers.

Lovely HD PQ and 5.1 also.

Last edited:
Because I'd been drinking during the Liverpool game, I was shattered afterwards and kept falling asleep. Went to bed at the Superbowl HT having probably watched a total of 10 mins of action :(

I read somewhere that it may appear on iPlayer but its not on there right now.

Best American football match i have ever seen i think

Roethlisberger was brilliant and seemed to be able to get out of any situation and that 100 yard interception and touchdown was awesome

There was alot of good blocking and hard hits as well which is always nice to see

TO has been let go, I'm disappointed.

TO has been let go, I'm disappointed.

dont worry,

you'll get a chance to see his worthless POS mug on the Bills sideline.

Poor Trent. TO will shut his mouth for the first couple of games and the Bills will look great - then it will kick off...Same old TO, great talent, but such a douche

Cowboys%20new%20stadium2.jpg

First game played at this lovely stadium is the season opener against the Giants.

^^^

If I remember correctly the Steelers tried something similar against the Chargers (my team) in the play-offs last season but it went horribly wrong.

That is an awesome play, though.:APPLAUD:

Here is a clear picture of everywhere you can watch / follow NFL this season:

Sky Sports:
- 6pm / 9pm games every Sunday
- Thursday Night opener – Thursday September 10th
- NFL International Series game from Wembley exclusively live
- Thursday / Friday / Saturday Night games – Weeks 10-17
- Thanksgiving Day tripleheader – Week 12 – Thursday November 26th
- All postseason games live
- Pro Bowl
- Super Bowl XLIV
- NFL Network coverage including NFL Total Access five times per week

Five:
- Sunday Night Football live every Sunday
- Magazine show every Saturday morning at 10:30am hosted by Trevor Nelson and Natalie Pinkham

BBC:
- Super Bowl XLIV live
- Highlights of NFL International Series game

BBC Radio 5 Live Extra:
- Live games every Sunday at 9pm
- Live games every week of the Playoffs
- Super Bowl XLIV live

NFL Game Pass (https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secur..._GP_UK_309x148)
- All games available to watch live except 6pm / 9pm games on Sky Sports
- Full archive of every game played during the season
- Live NFL Network feed

At the moment there is no home for Monday Night Football and this situation is not expected to change, for at least the first month of the season.

This is a full picture of our completed negotiations at this point. Talks will continue with Sky Sports in the hope of getting Red Button games put back on the schedule.

Production budget cuts across channels have meant that negotiations have been difficult, but it is important to recognize that the coverage we have in the UK is more than is available for all other sports with a comparable fanbase.

We have strived to achieve – in a very difficult climate – a balance of number of available games and free-to-air coverage, mindful of the fact that a month ago no-one thought that weekly live terrestrial games was even an option. In the meantime we’ll continue to work hard to improve on the broadcast platform over the course of the season.

More details of the Magazine Show on Five will be released later this week and you’ll be interested to see what is being produced.

Rumour has it that the Sunday games on Sky Sports will be in HD but no red button games and no MNF is a disgrace!

:RANT:

Source

Their committed to showing Baseball, the season ends early October. Also its been rumoured that Sky didn't go for it because it may cause some confusion because its ESPN MNF and ESPN now have a channel over here.

Monday Night Football is a late-night programme which attracts relatively small audiences. Without wanting to patronise anyone, TV companies make their revenue from advertising, and MNF is not going to generate much revenue. At the moment the financial climate means that everyone is looking at the bottom line. Even with MNF for 'free' there would be significant production costs associated with having a studio, analysts, cameras, lights, producer, director etc. The broadcast market and TV situation continues to change, and we'll keep talking to existing and potential partners about MNF.

Hank - NFL UK boards

I can't imagine that SNF gets a higher audience than MNF over here, plus ESPN don't have a studio when they show US sports. They just broadcast everything straight from the US minus their ads.

Hopefully they'll pick it up after the MLB season, still stinks though.

Surely they can give us a as live broadcast on a Tuesday or something.

This new deal is poor.

Back
Top Bottom