Next WE PS3 game

same question here, when is the next version of pes/we coming out? Don't like pes 2008 much.

I prefer the next pes/we don't come anytime soon. Let them take all the time they need to come out with the best.

The thing is Lami they probably wont, there were suggestions the next PROPER PES could be delayed until 2009 (they know they need to overhaul the piece of shite they produced for PES2008) The thing is will Konami make a decent fist of it this time? or will it be the same arcade fest with the same problems and shortfalls that we have spoken about for years?

I think the problem is Konami didnt now when they needed a change, PES3 was a great game (better than 2), PES4 was slight improvements but overall again a better game , then PES5 was great and was overall better than 4, but thats when for me they really couldnt do much more with the engine etc, yet pes6 was a good game but arguably some would say 5 was better but when they started developing 6 they should have also started a total new engine so in some ways developing 2 games, they should have been looking to the future and they didnt which has cost them, now the pressure is on and they need to deliver...

There is a lot they can do with the game, even more of the smaller things would be nice. Things they leave out year on year. The game engine though needs a HUGE overall... Also them cartoony graphics just dont do it for me either.

Please give us more directions to control with NOKAMI and make the master league decent!

Best thing, they scrap it all and only keep the elements that lead to pes/we success, and add the next-gen elements to them from graphics to physics etc. Then add a huge editor which includes everything we need and stuff the licenses because this game was never about them. Give us all possible modes for longevity. Make the most out of both bluray and xbox disc capacities. Add way too many slots for teams and players to create to make use of our console HDs. Finally, drop the we/pes title and give it a new next gen name; a fresh start.

If they bomb again it will hurt Konami in the pocket, so in a sick way I hope they do a tweak and paste job again.
It's like supporting England, there comes a point when you want a major arse kicking defeat, or in this case botch job part ii, for the idiots upstairs to wake up and smell the coffee.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again... Just give them a year!

Apart from some things they did worse for no aparent reason in PES2008 (hello editing mode?!) the main reason for this failure could be developing for a new platform.
For the older fans, let's take it back to 2001: remember how they screwed up with WE5 for PS2? It was their first attempt on the new-gen console and it was UNPLAYABLE! Meanwhile the version for PSX was more of the same, considering they had already reached the limit.

In 2009 they will deliver a much more convincing game, I'd put my money on that!

As for FIFA, I won't compare because I didn´t play it yet. In fact, I have to confess that I'm still buiding up the courage to touch a FIFA game again :D

Where was that jaygrim... meaning is it likely or just Magazine column inches filler.
I would love them to actually put a year or so into the next one, but I'm sure come what may Konami are going to want a seller this year, no matter what the quality..

Where was that jaygrim... meaning is it likely or just Magazine column inches filler.
I would love them to actually put a year or so into the next one, but I'm sure come what may Konami are going to want a seller this year, no matter what the quality..

So, you believe they would put out something like a half-arsed "PES2008 Final Evolution" around may?
I wish they wouldn't. In an effort to redeem themselves, they could tarnish the series' reputation once again.
A year of hard work should be fitting for a great comeback.

So, you believe they would put out something like a half-arsed "PES2008 Final Evolution" around may?
I wish they wouldn't. In an effort to redeem themselves, they could tarnish the series' reputation once again.
A year of hard work should be fitting for a great comeback.
You have to look at it from Konami's point of view, the thing sold... It's all about $'s to them, they don't care about AI or things like that. If the product sells fine, the glitches will have hit home for sure as this will have affected sales and given bad publicity. This will be addressed I'm sure but I can't see Seamonkey saying "we are going to take a year on the next release to get it right and better" and Konami going "OK" no income from PES this year... Don't get me wrong I'd love that to happen :D

So many bla bla about PES2008 and konami around here ,, So lets share my point konami must make PES2008 Final evo or something like that to be out in may with a good fix so we will get our hand on improved ver of the game for Euro 2008 coz how we can wait for a hole year with out playing We/Pes this footy season and the next one will start with out enjoy if konami did`nt make a move and am ready to pay $60 if there is a new futures in the game coz PES2008 is a good game but need some missing things and about PES2009 ohh its a bloody story :) and will me wright a hole page ,, but in 2 simple words ,, konami LOOK AT FIFA 08 improvemnt even it is a sh*** game :)

You have to look at it from Konami's point of view, the thing sold... It's all about $'s to them, they don't care about AI or things like that. If the product sells fine, the glitches will have hit home for sure as this will have affected sales and given bad publicity. This will be addressed I'm sure but I can't see Seamonkey saying "we are going to take a year on the next release to get it right and better" and Konami going "OK" no income from PES this year... Don't get me wrong I'd love that to happen :D

Me too! But I'm afraid you may be right. Forgot about Euro 2008, and the huge appeal and sales opportunity in that period. EA always rushed their game in such occasions without much concern about the quality of it, so Konami might do just the same. But we all know and they surely know that they ain't ready!

Konami always release such consistent titles (MGS, Silent Hill...) I was never disappointed with either of them.
Why can't they keep the standard with WE/PES?

International Superstars are in the game ;) (allbeit in the old days they were called Ronarid and Kleimann!) and its Soccer in some countries... Football in others!

Ronarid! :mrgreen:
Those where the days. No licenses but lots of fun.

About Nick's question... If a new game came out middle year, maybe I wouldn't even bother, unless it had mass positive reviews.
But with a X-mas release later this year, or a next year release, I would probably do it... Dunno why, but I always need a footie game with me, and it has always been Konami (EA has let me down for so many times).

At last, speaking of footie... I'm not sure its called soccer in other places than in the US. And even in US... I was in DC talking to an american guy about 'soccer' and he promptly corrected me: "You mean football"! That was shocking!

Back
Top Bottom