1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

New Offside Rule

Discussion in 'Football' started by Massacre_1907, 26 July 2005.

New Rule.... Thoughts ???

1. I think its good decision by FIFA

50.0%
  2. This rule would cause chaos for the players and ref

41.7%
  3. After the Adaptation , It would be Fine ...

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. With fifa's new offside rule, this season it will be confusing for players and referee in different leagues to adapt to such rule, do you guys think that this rule will actually be advange to some counter-attacking teams or this rule will just ruin the whole offside issue and cause chaos ... ??

2. Oli

Oli Gooner

1 September 2002
    London
    Arsenal
    What new rule?

3. scratch-br

scratch-br Mr. Scratcher

14 December 2004
    Montpellier
    Before Confed cup, players were offside if they were ahead the last defender at the moment of the pass...

Now the FIFA says the player is offside if he is ahead the last defender at the moment of the pass AND HE TOUCHES THE BALL...

Now, if a player is offside and he keeps running, and a defender kick out of the field, it is throw in and not offside...

I like it but football players and referees are too stupid to understand this without making confusion.

4. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    hate it.

5. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    I like it.

6. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    I think it would be taken lightly. Not much of Fifa's rules have been taken so seriously in leagues. In Serie A we still see people taking their shirts off, also in the CL without getting carded.

7. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    I saw a interview with Graham Poll last week and he said there were no major changes of any of the rules this season!

8. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    What about when Ronaldinho was carded after his goal against Milan in the CL?

9. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Shevchenko had a yellow card VS inter in the CL, scored a goal, took his shirt off, wasnt suspended against PSV.

10. phrase

phrase Tactician

12 December 2002
    Little Mancunia
    This new offside rule is bullocks.Other rules should be improved instead of this one.They are tryin to speed up the game but this just makes things more complicated.

11. Glavisted

Glavisted Premiership

20 July 2005
    Lima, PerĂº
    This rule would cause chaos for the players and ref.

12. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    But thats probably cuz taking your shirt off deserves a yellow card but not a red card. Its kinda like how a player who is on a yellow card wont be sent off for another minor foul because although he deserves a yellow for the last tackle, it isnt bad enough to deserve a sending off.