New Graphics card for Pro Evo.....problems!!

Dee1888

Hail Hail
5 October 2004
IRELAND 06
CELTIC
Hi guys,

I am hoping some of you will be able to help me out.

I have just installed a ATi x1950pro 512mb AGP card in my system (athlon64 3400+ 2gb ram).

The PC was quite noisy soon after install and the temp was about 54c. I have removed the side panel from the PC and it is completely silent now with 49c. I am not sure if it is my PSU (Hiper HPU 4S525 or the GFX card causing the noise).

Should I look to getting a new PSU and cooling in to the system?

Also, I bought the card so I could run Pro Evo 2008 on high settings at 1360x768, however as soon as I try and boot the game up I get "no PC signal" on my monitor I have to hold the power button in to power down the system and then I can reboot but I have tried this a few times and the game will not start

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks

check your psu, this card is a high energy consumer, it needs 450wtts with 28 or 30 amps off the 30 watt rail if i remember rightly.

A couple things come to mind:
1. How well ventillated is your case? Are things pretty cramped into a relatively small case? The fact that it got quiet when you opened up the case suggests that ventillation may be an issue.
If it was quiet before the graphics card it may be either that the graphics card fan might get loud when the temp rises, or the card may be pumping so much heat into your case that any other temperature sensitive fans (such as the CPU fan and power supply fan) may be working harder (louder) to cool things down.
A few options (depending on your budget and the type of hardware etc that you have) might include: large case with good ventillation, alternative VGA cooler for your graphics card with a quieter fan or heatpipe type setup if possible (ie a third party cooling option for the graphics card), quieter cooling for your CPU (if your CPU), larger/quieter case fans, and a quieter power supply. All or none of these may need to be changed if you can somehow improve the ventillation (since opening the case made it quiet).
Bottomline: look at your case and ventillation. Most often, smaller cases with small fans, poor ventillation and no sound dampening panels make the most noise when you put in a high performance graphics card. Then if this doesn't solve the problem, look at the individual fans themselves (case fans, CPU fan, graphics card fan) and switch them out for quieter options.

As for your last question:
What resolutions does your monitor support?

Just the standard cooling that came with the system. The drivers are what came with the machine but I had downloaded the omega 38421 and was wondering if I should give that a go?

As I said when I take the side of the case off the temp drops to 49c and with it on 54c and a buzzing sound......but Pro Evo will not start at all regardless of the resolution I put it at.

Thanks for the replies lads.

The game starts, appears 1 st panel with pes2008 with bolinhas "gaseificadas" in the lower left corner, then the panel that says konami and then black panel ... So is forever !!!

Yes try those Omegas or download the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI. Also, what graphics card did you have before? Its old drivers might be causing conflicts somewhere, so try using driver cleaner (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745) and then a clean install of the latest catalysts or omegas.

Also the temps you gave... are they the temps of the gfx card or just your case temps? They are a little high for case temps, but gfx card can run much hotter than that, way up into the 80's is perfectly safe for most cards. You can download ATI tool (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745) to monitor you cards temps and you can also make a custom profile for it to keep the fan speed down if its a bit too noisy for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies lads. I was a bit of a muppet and only connected one of the molex connectors on the x1950pro.

Its all besides the point anyway because the freakin game will still not run on high even with the new card. It is much better but still stutters in places. Bad coding from Konami!!

Anyway, I'm just going to get a new system and if a Q6600 with a 8800GT doesn't play it I am going to blow up Konami HQ!! :D

Hi sorry for hijacking this thread but for some reason I can not create my own thread as ive just joined.

anyway i have 2 magor problems. well not me but it affects me.

My brother bought a new pc and I bought him the new pro 2008/pc so we could play each other online but it wont work on his new pc:(

His pc cost £550 and its vista. I very much doubt that his graphics card is to weak. He said that it comes up on screen saying does not meet the minimum requirements. Is their a patch for this or any help would be great thanks.

I will try to get the details of his system soon plz bare with me.

Another thing that is horrible is that I can not connect to have a match online with my freind even though last year was fine. WTF?

Hi sorry for hijacking this thread but for some reason I can not create my own thread as ive just joined.

anyway i have 2 magor problems. well not me but it affects me.

My brother bought a new pc and I bought him the new pro 2008/pc so we could play each other online but it wont work on his new pc:(

His pc cost £550 and its vista. I very much doubt that his graphics card is to weak. He said that it comes up on screen saying does not meet the minimum requirements. Is their a patch for this or any help would be great thanks.

I will try to get the details of his system soon plz bare with me.

Another thing that is horrible is that I can not connect to have a match online with my freind even though last year was fine. WTF?

Pro Evo 08 is a power hungry slapper so it would be best for you to post up your exact spec of PC. Try the latest kitserver and make sure you have the latest GFX drivers for your card and see if that makes any difference.

Falastine my PSU is 525watts :(

Back
Top Bottom