Need help/advice on connection issues with XBox Live

D

DagsJT

So, Becanes seems to think the reason I can't get games on FIFA and Poker is to do with my connection and not Live. How can I find out if it's my connection? My ISP is rubbish when you phone their support section. If anything, they'll say it's not their fault and speak to BT, who'll say it's not theirs, go to my ISP etc.

Incidently my ISP is UKFSN, part of EntaNet.

Like I say, my ISP are crap and don't have a clue about anything technological. And BT are probably even worse again.

My NAT is open on my 360. I get download speeds of 720kb/s when grabbing from newsgroups, I can upload fine. It all "appears" fine on my end.

Exactly, that's what I don't understand. It used to be worse with FIFA, I could never connect to people. But now I can connect pretty much every time. I do believe its the Live servers and not me, Tim had probs yesterday too.

My connection has always been superb since I switched providers, but over the last week it's all been random. Before around 2pm I can only play ranked games in FIFA, if I try to play unranked games I get a message saying "connection lost" about five seconds into team selection (and team selection is locked as well, it makes the noises but nothing comes up).

NAT is open, all my PC games work fine.

I've been having this problem for a while, since FIFA came out it's been more noticeable. Hopefully it is a Live issue and not an ISP/BT/my setup.

Back
Top Bottom