1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

NBA Street Homecourt is Awesome!

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by BumperMan, 18 February 2007.

1. BumperMan

BumperMan Champions League

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw
    WOW. this game ain't half bad at all. i was think meh whatever but i downloaded the demo and man is this game better than any NBA Street before it.

2. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Re: ARGHHHHHHH NBA HomeStreet is Awesome!

I'll take you word for it and download the demo then. I liked the previous ones so I should enjoy this too.

3. Abhishek

Abhishek Best player in the world

29 January 2006
    India
    Liverpool

You're spot on. The game is awesome. I absolutely love the NBA Street games, played all of them to death.

4. Walcott23

Walcott23 Guest

i downloaded it too it's good fun but im not goina buy it

P.s Its called NBA Homecourt

5. BumperMan

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw

Sorry bout that too late to end my topic head

6. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    I love the demo, it's good stuff.:applause:

7. BumperMan

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw
    JAYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. andish2001

andish2001 Championship

1 May 2005
    i dont know whats wrong with me but i hate this game.

9. BumperMan

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw
    i hated the concept and from the gameplay vids i saw I hated it too UNTIL I played the demo. totally different reaction

10. BumperMan

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw
    Guys just got the game. it's amazing but if Ea does what it did with this to fifa street then O:shock: M:shock: G

11. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    I think they sort of did with 3, I loved vol. 2 and this one seems like great fun. But for some reason I never played 3 that much.

12. pepe montoto

pepe montoto League 1

8 August 2004
    Australia
    Boca Juniors
  13. BumperMan

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw
    i agree with you. Vol 2 was a classic game Vol3 though was better technically then 2 but didn't have jordan and felt un eventful after awhile.

homecourt on the other hand is so good technically now with it's animations that it has transformed itself into a n actual believable flying trapeze dunk act it's hilarious at the same time of being able to wow me

14. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
  15. kobashi

kobashi Champions League

19 May 2004
    I should have this next week. ordered the japanese version and can't wait till i play this!!

16. BumperMan

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw
    yeah the ps3 version is kinda washed out not as crisp but PS3 has VF5 which is also very good

17. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    So it's just me who thinks there's absolutely no difference? At least nothing a contrast button on your TV wouldn't fix... :eh:

18. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    the ps3 one dosnt look nowhere near as sharp as the 360 one

19. BumperMan

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw

Yo're right in away. both system are decent and neither one is about to be comepting with each other in my book. Once you have mulitplatform game sthough it gets different and opion so far has been that the 360 just does the core games from third parties better but slightly only. the online play the better crispeir visuals etc.
    but you can't go wrong on any system with this game it's just awesome

leving up myself and in the progress unlocking stuff now so that when friend come over they get the full experience

20. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    I wouldn't say that a video in a medium resolution is enough to tell that one is considerably sharper than the other. They both look exactly the same to me! Which makes me glad I've got a 360 as it doesn't look like the PS3 is going to be any better or any worse. Saying that, my glasses could be on the way out, and when Metal Gear Solid comes out my wallet is going to be trembling in my pocket...

Oh and by the way, I want that song!! I know it's Jackson 5, but who's the remix by?

EDIT: Answered my own question... "I Want You Back (Z Trip Remix)". :D

The game does look awesome though, just looking at the video makes you want to pick it up and play it - and this is coming from someone who's never previously purchased a basketball (or a "Street") game...

Last edited: 22 February 2007
  21. BumperMan

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw
    It is for a good laugh i'll give ya that but the animations make it seem believable just like a cartoon would which is awesome

22. BumperMan

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw
    Ahhh So the fun is over IMHO. Yes, i have completed the homecourt challange. Played about 120 game to unlock everything in the game.

the curts in the game are beautifully done no question about it and theres rumors of others being able to be downloaded which is one of the reasons i bought the game. apparently Rucker will be a free download so thats good along with additional gear.

now i'll just play to play. But IF they are able to have say 5 more courts added via the marketplace which it seems like they might because they have videos of the courts and some courts aren't in the game that they are talking about so it might make sense looking at it that way theres about 5 that might come out yet...

23. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    I've played it again and I think it's brilliant, but I just can't beat the CPU. I can't do all the tricks stuff - I'm used to playing a sports game where you just pass and shoot. I get more points because I'm alright at getting the ball through the hoop, but I lose because I can't do all the crazy shit.

For your average not-into-basketball gamer, it's a bitch to get used to (at least that's my experience of it).

24. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    I couldn't win the first 20 or so games I played but I'm doing a lot better now, I win more often than not.

All I can suggest is to keep practising, work on blocking and stealing the ball, don't go for too many 2 pointers, they almost always seem to block them.

If you're going to do them, try and do a fake shot (quick tap the shoot button) to confuse the players trying to block you. I still don't know how to do the gamebreakers though...

25. Oli

Oli Gooner

1 September 2002
    London
    Arsenal
    Is it out then?

26. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Wouldn't it have been quicker just to go to a games retailer's website (e.g. Gameplay) and find out yourself?

Anyway, no.

27. kobashi

kobashi Champions League

19 May 2004
    Out in the US and Japan. out in Europe at the end of march!

28. BumperMan

20 June 2005
    North America
    Legia Warsaw
    The game is fun to master which i have on easy LOL. But the unlopckables are very few.

29. matherto

matherto 12 Times

13 October 2004
    St. Helens, Merseyside.
    Manchester United
    I played the demo today, it was meh

I suppose I don't really like basketball much, so that'd be why it was meh

30. kobashi

kobashi Champions League

19 May 2004
    my japanese verson arrived today! career mode could be bettr but great game. need to go online soon but scared of getting my ass kicked! :)