My forza 2 West ham aston martin (and others)

Got lucky yesterday my local games store had it in stock and was generous enough to let me have one without waiting till friday only took about 20 mins of pleading

haha they look awesome, graphics look quality aswell, bit confused about why people are saying they are shit now....!

Because you cannot please some people and also they have looked at Gran Turismo HD and think "WOW" and "Forza Looks shit compared to this"...

Not at all. If you have a VGA connection or a HDMI connection, you get a sharp picture, and whereas other games anti-alias the jaggies, Forza 2 doesn't. Take a closer look at those pictures and you can see a tiny bit of them. Now imagine them flashing like mad every time you turn the car (and breaks appearing in the brake lights as well, meaning big white cracks and flashes), and you can see why people have a problem with it.

You can't tell from a photographed picture, you can't tell from a custom photo made inside the game either as there's loads of post-processing done in photo mode (as everything's still). You can only really see it if you play the game (perhaps on blurrier connections, e.g. composite or component, it's not noticeable though).

there are a few problems with the graphics to be honest

the first major one being the lighting, it's way, way overdone, doesn't look realistic at all, yet a lot of 360 games have this, PGR3 was way overdone as well, but because it was a fun arcade racer/launch title and not supposed to be realistic like this is

and the fine details are blurry as well, theres an image of a Dodge Neon and its got horrible thick door lines, looks like they've been drawn with a massive crayon.

still, it appears to play brilliantly so you could easily just play around it

From what I've seen you can only save designs for each individual car, e.g. 3 different designs for Lotus Elise, and then they have to stay there, you can't import them onto a different car - only that Lotus Elise. Which is a bit crap.

From what I've seen you can only save designs for each individual car, e.g. 3 different designs for Lotus Elise, and then they have to stay there, you can't import them onto a different car - only that Lotus Elise. Which is a bit crap.

So is there an in game editor to create stuff like the thread starter has done?

Oh I see, I thought you meant "how can you take the design of one car and put it onto another", which you can't do.

Yes, there is an in-game editor where you've got various shapes and fonts that you can put onto the cars, as well as a manufacturers section full of logos such as Michelin, Shell etc. If you're very talented you can put the shapes together and make things look perfect. The Homer and Bender cars by Blackjim are magnificent, and how the guys do these photo-realistic pictures of women I have absolutely no idea...

Just to clear this up all the cars that I have made are made using the in game editor you cannot import any pictures of any kind to give you a rough idea of the work involved the west ham aston martin took roughly 1 hour and the badge itself has over 70 individual layers the bubbles and text on the sides are another 50 layers each side but these can easily be copied fromone side to the other and once you have made something like the crest you can save it as a vinal group. After doing this you are free to put it on any car and move resize spin
it anyway you like.
Hope this helps

Oh I see, I thought you meant "how can you take the design of one car and put it onto another", which you can't do.

Yes, there is an in-game editor where you've got various shapes and fonts that you can put onto the cars, as well as a manufacturers section full of logos such as Michelin, Shell etc. If you're very talented you can put the shapes together and make things look perfect. The Homer and Bender cars by Blackjim are magnificent, and how the guys do these photo-realistic pictures of women I have absolutely no idea...

I bet its the same thing which i used to create emblems in PES ageeeeeeeeeeees ago

i need to dig them out and see my handywork :)

Back
Top Bottom