my Demo impressions and what I think KONAMI needs to improve

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 August 2011
Played quite a few games and I already noticed the major things KONAMI needs to improve.
First of all I have to say im very impressed, this year's pes is really the first PES since a long time that I can really say is "new".
It might be the same PES from before thats just modified but damn does it feel different, its like a whole new game almost.
I could go into details about atmosphere, graphics, animations, AI etc etc but I won't, I will just say that im very happy with what KONAMI did in most of the areas.
Sure some might have an extra idea here or there and sure KONAMI could still add a few details and things but overall the improvement from last year in most of these areas is big and satisfying.
With that being said and hopefully clear ( I am very pleased with the amount of change the game underwent ), I noticed some things that need to be improved in order for the game to really be amazing.
I actually have quite some small things that are only ideas that could be added in order to make the game better but those are not really issues only ideas, so I will focus only on the things that are important and a potential issue that would hurt PES the most if they don't fix it.

So here is my list of these things :

1.Goalkeepers - We know it, KONAMI knows it, they said they are fixing them aswell so I think I don't need to add anything more

2.Speed - More specifically acceleration of players/turning speed etc is all too fast for the rest of the game. For example put the game to +1 Speed and Nani ( who is fairly fast and agile but nothing like Messi! ) will perform superhuman fast turning and accelerations.
It seems like the acceleration/turning speed is most realistic on -1 Speed or just a bit more than that, somewhere between -1 and 0.
The problem with that though is that the ball will then move too slow when passing/shooting/crossing etc..
So KONAMI needs to get the right balance here but I trust and have faith that they will.

3.Shooting needs a bit more work and refining, im sure I don't need too add much here because we have all heard this from testers aswell.

4.Smaller issue compared to the ones before but players have just a bit too much control of the ball, more specifically defenders are known to have low control/technique but here they have amazing control, alltho it must be attributed to player stats a bit aswell, because I see the defenders have 80~ ball control quite often or more even, and that can easily be modified later, so not a big deal afterall.

5.Lob shoots, we need to be able to lob it higher whats the point otherwise?

Thats all, hopefully most of you agree with my analysis and now im going to go play a few more matches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom