1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Music in the car

Discussion in 'Technology' started by DagsJT, 1 February 2008.

1. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Right then, I've got an FM transmitter (second type) and it's poo. I can't be doing with having hundreds of cd's lying around.

My SatNav plays MP3's but it sounds a bit tinny and grates a bit after a while. Unfortunately my car doesn't have an aux-in socket, and it's a company car so I can't switch the radio system out. Is there a set of speakers which are small enough to fit in a glove compartment and give out good sound?

2. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Why can't you buy a new radio mate? That's what I've done with my company van, I bought a nice Sony one with aux in, cd player and USB stick playback :D

3. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    I'm pretty sure they can't be modified at all. I'll check with my manager and see. How much was your radio? Aren't they well expensive?

Edit: Just seen this ... "Bit of an oversight by Vauxhall missing out an Aux In or cd changer port. Pointless installing a new audio system as you will lose the steering wheel functions plus the dash display. No one manufactures adaptors for it yet."

Edit: A manager in work has just gave me his Veho FM transmitter. I've tried a Kensington one costing £15, a Belkin Tunecast 3 (costing £20 or so) and both were CRAP, tried the Veho and it sounds brilliant! Woohoo!

Last edited: 1 February 2008
  4. DJ Doc45

DJ Doc45 Banned

I got a Griffin I Trip mate for my car and Ipod.... works a treat for me!!!

5. Ritsch^

Ritsch^ Non-League

5 November 2007
    I have a iPod Classic with Boose boxies in my Car and thats great!

6. matherto

matherto 12 Times

13 October 2004
    St. Helens, Merseyside.
    Manchester United
    As with Dave, I've got a iTrip, really works well.

7. drugfree

drugfree Banned

24 August 2006
    Northern Ireland Belfast
    Linfield
    really easy 2 change a radio over just as long as its not ford where ull have 2 buy new connectors

8. Kenny G

Kenny G Stuck in the 80's

1 January 2003
    Essex, UK
    Southend United
    I have a cheap stereo but the main thing is it has an AUX in socket, a £2 lead later and I can easily wire in my MP3 player.