Music in the car

D

DagsJT

Right then, I've got an FM transmitter (second type) and it's poo. I can't be doing with having hundreds of cd's lying around.

My SatNav plays MP3's but it sounds a bit tinny and grates a bit after a while. Unfortunately my car doesn't have an aux-in socket, and it's a company car so I can't switch the radio system out. Is there a set of speakers which are small enough to fit in a glove compartment and give out good sound?

Why can't you buy a new radio mate? That's what I've done with my company van, I bought a nice Sony one with aux in, cd player and USB stick playback :D

I'm pretty sure they can't be modified at all. I'll check with my manager and see. How much was your radio? Aren't they well expensive?

Edit: Just seen this ... "Bit of an oversight by Vauxhall missing out an Aux In or cd changer port. Pointless installing a new audio system as you will lose the steering wheel functions plus the dash display. No one manufactures adaptors for it yet."

Edit: A manager in work has just gave me his Veho FM transmitter. I've tried a Kensington one costing £15, a Belkin Tunecast 3 (costing £20 or so) and both were CRAP, tried the Veho and it sounds brilliant! Woohoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a cheap stereo but the main thing is it has an AUX in socket, a £2 lead later and I can easily wire in my MP3 player.

Back
Top Bottom