Midnight Club: LA (360/PS3)

It must be rubbish if they've reduced it to £20! :SHOCK:

That's a hell of a price drop, not even worth trading in anything for it now when you can get it for that price. If I wasn't getting the Guitar Hero pack shortly I'd have bought it...

That's a hell of a price drop, not even worth trading in anything for it now when you can get it for that price. If I wasn't getting the Guitar Hero pack shortly I'd have bought it...

The price drop does not indicate its rubbish in any way. Its probably due to the fact that the Midnight Club series has always failed to sell as well as other 'racing' games. On top of that plenty of games have dropped in price recently. Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 were only £30 at my local stores and Argos are selling quite a few titles at £25 until Tuesday. Morrisons were also doing a smiliar deal a few weeks ago and today I noticed FIFA 09 for £27.99. :)

Too many games been released, not everyone can buy them, if sales are slow and they have stock, they really want to sell it.

I know, I was only joking, nobody must be buying it though. And HALF PRICE less than two weeks after release is just unbelievable, great stuff...

It is totally, tis a great time if you are a gamer with a little bit of patience and some money to spend, forget release days from now on, LBP is under 30 quid, I got MotorStorm 2 for under 25 quid this week, SR2 is under 20 quid, and many many others!

After realising that each of the eight chapters in Mirror's Edge only lasts for an average of eight minutes, I will definitely be forgetting about release days from now on, don't worry about that... Second hand will do me now that you can install them to the hard drive. I'll concentrate on finishing Oblivion and Fallout before I get anything new (bar Guitar Hero, the missus will kill me otherwise, she needs her fix and from what people are saying they can't really afford to sell it for any less than the current RRP).

No more decent games out now until 30th January anyway (Alan Wake and World Championship Snooker 2009, although Alan Wake will probably be put back for the 79th time)...

Chris you know what we could do? We could copy the Play.com advert for Midnight Club Los Angeles, print it out, take it to our local PC World and get them to price match and deduct a further 10% off it, giving the final price of £17.99! ;)

HAHAHA, I'd rather eat my own shoes than step foot inside that place again.

Although that's very cheap.............................................

:CONF:

EDIT: Not on their price comparison list anyway.
[Argos, Comet, Jessops, Tesco, John Lewis, Asda, B&Q, Game Gamestation, Halfords, HMV, Maplin, Staples, Toys R Us, Zavvi, Woolworths]

Last edited:
Tis 24.97 at Tesco, ;) sorry, poking you with sticks now, just to hear another rant.

Tis 24.97 at Tesco, ;) sorry, poking you with sticks now, just to hear another rant.

There we go. And as a matter of fact my local PC World does price match with Play.com since I managed to get a SD card reduced there.
I actually might try it and if they piss me off, well I can always knock down their neatly arranged shelves....It was a mistake I swear! :COP:

Ah!! Chris you were right! Just got off the phone with those fuckers. They said they dont price match with Play.com anymore. (I wonder why?) I asked them why they stopped and they said it was a change in policy. I got pissed and said 'of course it fucking is'. 'Everyone is cheaper than you idiots'. 'I hate your fucking stores'! THEY DRIVE PEOPLE MENTAL!!!!

Played NFS Undercover today (briefly) and to my mind it's the same modern NFS rubbish as the others, just a load of tosh compared to the old games. Feels no different at all, really disappointed, and EA have all but confirmed this is why there's been no demo - they can see from all of the review scores etc. that it's really not going down well at all, they can't afford to put any more people off it. So I rented Midnight Club LA, and I'm actually quite impressed!

I still think Burnout Paradise is the better game but it's still really good, the gameplay is excellent and not as "mental" as Burnout, the police remind me of the police in the original NFS games, the story feels natural rather than sticking in the memory due to piss-poor acting that spoils the experience completely like in the modern NFS games...

Fun gameplay, good soundtrack, and the amount of depth to the customisation is insane. You can have two-tone seats and mod the steering wheel for God's sake. Definitely worth £20 from Play - well it would be but it's gone back up to £40 now. :CRY:

Still, Blockbuster are selling it for £25! I've got a tough choice now, this or CoD5...

I never thought I'd say this but I hope the games go back to being mostly rubbish soon, I can't afford this. :ANX:

Last edited:
Is there a way to have custom controls in this without manually changing gears? Also can you have 2 different save files (brothers been on it, havent had a go yet)

Back
Top Bottom