Max Drive Q&A's...

uk_stanners

Conference
3 October 2003
N.Ireland
In my last post "How do you get proper kit/player etc edits from the internet to ps2?" there is a lot of stuff now on Max Drive, and questions etc, so im making this thread to put those answers in and any more questions that I and others might have...

so, with this you don't need PS2 internet or a PS2 Harddrive, instead just the PS2 memory card is sufficient.

so, Max Drive is £9.99 from play.com and is a USB devide to take info from PC to PS2 and vice versa, saved games and most importantly Pro Evo Option Files (OF).

Can you use a normal USB memory stick instead of buying MAX Drive?
Can you use Max Drive as a normal USB to save normal PC files and transfer to another PC?

Is it better than an X-Port if so why?

Compatible for Pro Evo 5?

And how safe is it, i have heard about memory cards being corrupted and rendered useless afterwards...

You cant use a normal mem stick because you dont have the software/disk that you need to put into your ps2.

Xport was cable to cable i think so you had to put your ps2 next to your pc and have a tv etc...

Max Drive and X-Port are compatible will ALL PS2 saves.

As for mem cards being corrupted, that is most likely due to an error by the user (eg pulling out the card or turning off the ps2 during use). I've been using both x-port and max drive for years and have been using the same couple of mem cards since PES1 and had no problems which made the cards unusable. There have been a couple of errors with saves but not sure what caused them, and formatting the mem card solved the problems easily.

I get this Max Drive function from Action Replay MAX EVO and it's really convenient. With this function, I can use generic USB pendrive, USB card reader with some kind of flash memory plugged in, and MP3 player (the kind that can turn up in PC as a removable drive without installing drivers).

I've heard that this function doesn't work too well on device with more memory (256MB or more? not sure about the threshold) and indeed, with the 1GB memory MP3 player I tried, it's a bit more troublesome. I needed to move all the songs in the MP3 player into a folder in the flash memory (those songs were in the root of the "drive") before I can extract the saves from MP3 player to PS2 memory card.

Overall, Action Replay MAX EVO is a good thing to have. It lets you cheat ;), compress and backup saves, and use saves downloaded from internet. It's just a disk without needing any proprietory hardware.

Just got my max drive today. Got a pes4 save from online ps2 AND WOW!

All kits fully updated with new teams etc. BRILLIANT!

This is as good as having all the licenses!

Hi people I need your help

I got a max drive the other day and tested it out using a pro evo 4 option file.
All seemed to work fine untill I tried out the game. It wouldnt load the option file as it did not seem to recognise there was 1 on the memory card.
I tried deleting the file and reloading it back but the same thing happened. I also tried using a differnt option file but the same happened again!!

Can any body help??

tim smith or anybody, where do you get theoption files from on the net??

i would want one where they update the kits and names...

but not one where the player stats are meddled with, or the teams being changed to new teams etc

daftpunk2 said:
Hi people I need your help

I got a max drive the other day and tested it out using a pro evo 4 option file.
All seemed to work fine untill I tried out the game. It wouldnt load the option file as it did not seem to recognise there was 1 on the memory card.
I tried deleting the file and reloading it back but the same thing happened. I also tried using a differnt option file but the same happened again!!

Can any body help??

Did u uncrush the game save to the memory card via the max drive software(PS2)

Are you sure the pro evo file is a EU type?

I downloaded a socom file that didnt see it as on the mem card but then i realised it was an american file....

make sure you have uncrushed to mem card as well

First backup and delete your existing PES4 option file from your memory card.

Make sure you have an option file that is compatible with your version of the game. Then unzip/unrar it and copy the .max file itself to the max drive and transfer using the Uncruch option.

I follwed that exact routine and still it hasnt worked. Ive tested the max drive with a GTA save file which worked so I know it works.
I just hope it will work for PES5...

so, where are the best/ most popular option files found??

and also, can you use the Maxdrive as a normal USB drive to save PC word files etc on?

Got it to work now on a different memory card. Maybe my option file got corrupt on the memory card I was trying. Ive got the dj saunders option file I think.
Roll on next Friday..

Back
Top Bottom