Mario Kart Wii

proxi

Champions League
9 February 2003
Sheffield
Tottenham Hotspur
Who's getting this then? I'm a massive fan of Mario Karts and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow when I pick up my pre-order! I'll be up bright and early.

www.MarioKart.com/Wii/

Not really sure what it'll be like on the bikes, but I'll give it a go, same goes for the Wii Wheel. Things I love about the games over the years are multiplayer madness, how Toad is annoying so fucking good most of the time, and weapons such as lightning, especially when your other half is about to win and you're in 2nd place :-pp Sorry love!

N64 version is best in my eyes, followed by t'DS edition and Double Dash.

Got a 6/10 in Edge. Gameplay were sold out, and there might be a few other places sold out too. I can now walk away from Mario Kart, Ninty have took the franchise and done a new labour on it.

Walk away? Nah, even if this new one is wank I'll still be playing MK64 every night I get pissed in the house.

1000 preorders on a big german site - nintendo sent them 25 copies. enough to cover the FULL preorders from the first minute they added it to their catalogue :D

japanese copy in transit. will have it on monday so will be back with friend code next week.

Got it here and the first 4 Cups play-tested in Multiplayer, in 100cc.

The first track for me was a tad slow mainly because the road is around 50 miles wide, but it was still good old Mazza fun with weapons all over the shop and boosts to get to. After playing on for a while I'm loving it to be honest, but I am a fanboy. Toad's Factory is a cool track as is Wario's Goldmine and Coconut Mall, I'm sure there's a few more that will be ace. Hopefully Bowser's Castle & Rainbow Road, I'm not wanting to be spoiled on what the tracks are though before getting there.

Tried multiplayer online too, Yana & I against the world! No lag and only very minimal slowdown just the once when bob-ombs and shells were going off all over the place on a busy corner. Online seems good but I'm failing to see an Online Cup option?

Overall, bring it on.

5743 3390 3166 6579 < Wii number for me and Yana
2148-8276-2036 - Yana friend code
2449-4755-6326 - proxi friend code

Last edited:
I'm tempted to get this - My favourite MK was for the SNES and I think they've gone downhill since. That's probably the only thing keeping me away - the chance that this one is really quite poor.

No way, MK64 was brilliant!! :SHOCK: I have to say I am struggling to tear myself away from this game at the moment, the Wii Wheel is really cool and makes it seem much different to all the other MK games. Dying to unlock more stuff, then get myself playing online games more. As proxi said we've tested it and it just doesn't lag at all, it's great. I recommend this highly to any Wii owner!

And Toad is still a cheating prat in 1 player mode. :LOL:

Wii handle is crappy.
GC controller is much better.
Nintendo should sell MKW cheaper without Wii handle.

Nintendo should sell alot of things cheaper but they wont as people buy the games anyway.

I do like the Wii wheel but only use it on single player, it seems much harder on split screen. GC controller for me on split screen! I'm not gonna complain about the price of Nintendo's stuff either cause PS3 & Xbox prices are much more.

Only cost £8 for this game anyway, after trading in the crappy MySims at Game.

This looks way way too much like Double Dash for me to get hyped about it and want to buy it.

Is it actually much different - or just basically the same kinda game with new tracks?

Back
Top Bottom