Manchester United Thread

Looks like Sheikh Jassim is 100% owner of Manchester Utd now. Share prices have immediately gone up and it's said our previous transfer budget of £150m will now increase to £450m. Plans to renovate all facilities at the club will commence "immediately" and Mbappe is now being heavily linked with his current PSG contract expiring in 2025. Thoughts?

Pele could literally cameback from dead and he will link to united.
True but the difference between us being linked with players before and now is that we're going to have the financial muscle to bring any player in the world to the club, as long as the player wants to come. I can't see Mbappe staying at PSG after refusing to extend his contract so I think someone will definitely buy him in the summer. I think it will be between Utd and Real.

Last edited:
The man himself said he stays, lol

According to sky sports a statement was made 5 hours ago. "The statement says, 'I don't want to leave PSG, all I've done is tell them what they already knew, which is that I'm not going to extend my deal by another year, so I'm going to be out of contract next summer.'

So he says he doesn't want to leave but also says he's not going to extend his contract. Do you think PSG are going to let him play out the remainder of his contract and leave on a free transfer?
If he doesn't resign with PSG then they will sell him before his contract expires.
Plus, players always say they don't want to leave their clubs and we've seen countless times they end up leaving.

Mbappe if he will move it will be in winter we need CDM CM and someone to change Bruno like Foden so here it can be a potential from the younger team itself even the CDM cause we have Casemiro and of course a CF like ibra cavani or harry kane cause rashford still young i think and LW is his best position

Maybe you're correct. He will definitely move though and as it's been said, it looks like it's a case of who's going to over pay him. He'd want to be the world's top earner I'd imagine. Only a Sheikh could pay his wage 😏

As far as the midfield goes, I think bids have been made and rejected for Mason Mount.
We need a midfielder, also a defender to replace Maguire because quite frankly the majority of problems we've had at the back are due to Maguire being completely outpaced. I honestly think if he moved to Serie A he'd be one the best defenders in that league.
As far as forward players go I personally feel we need two centre forwards. The main man and someone for the future. Hojlund or Sesko would be the perfect singing for the later and they'd definitely be in with a realistic chance of unseating whoever is bought to be the main striker too. Players that would pressurise the main striker into performing otherwise they'd be dropped. Exactly what we need to guarantee a consistent amount of goals scored.

The reality is they have a limited transfer budget, and until this buy-out is sorted they're completely hamstrung by it. Rumours of £150 million budget is going to get your 1 or 2 top tier players

The reality is they have a limited transfer budget, and until this buy-out is sorted they're completely hamstrung by it. Rumours of £150 million budget is going to get your 1 or 2 top tier players
Yeh that is the unfortunate reality due to the Glazers long ass sale process. It might be a case of waiting until the January window opens, to get all the players we need, which is going to be completely detrimental to our campaign.

With 150m summer buget that could get us Mount (estimate 60m) and Hojlund (rumours of 80m... Eeek!) and that's about it.

Ancelotti will suit united he will put Casemiro CB and we will play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2

Ancelotti will suit united he will put Casemiro CB and we will play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2
Why would we need Ancelotti? Ten Hag has single handedly took a bunch of under performing and over paid players and turned them into over achievers. The squad we have should have never won a trophy and should have never got into the top 4. Yet they did. Imagine what he could do with a serious transfer buget.

Why would we need Ancelotti? Ten Hag has single handedly took a bunch of under performing and over paid players and turned them into over achievers. The squad we have should have never won a trophy and should have never got into the top 4. Yet they did. Imagine what he could do with a serious transfer buget.
i respect that but united is united don't forget that even city lost at old Trafford.

i respect that but united is united don't forget that even city lost at old Trafford.
That's my point. United hadn't been United until Ten Hag showed up and took us back to the champions league. Not sure why Ancelotti is even a topic of conversation really lol

re: transfers
We need at least 4-5 top players this transfer window if we want to be fighting for the title. First good and constant Gk. De Gea is finished at UTD. Too many mistakes in the last 3 seasons.
We need good CB which we can use when Varan or Martinez are unavailable, Lindelof is not an option.
Good RB, maybe Hakimi? Van Bissaka was good in the last months but only if he play defence, in attack he was useless.
Creative midfielder who can replace Eriksen in the future and play along side Bruno.
And of course we need Striker (read Harry Kane). Simply someone who can be at top level and proven striker. I know he's getting old but for at least 2-3 seasons he can achieve big things if club buy players at positions I wrote.
What is worrying me is the situation with tha Glazers, something is not going according to plan definately and that means another season of suffering for us.

re: transfers
We need at least 4-5 top players this transfer window if we want to be fighting for the title. First good and constant Gk. De Gea is finished at UTD. Too many mistakes in the last 3 seasons.
We need good CB which we can use when Varan or Martinez are unavailable, Lindelof is not an option.
Good RB, maybe Hakimi? Van Bissaka was good in the last months but only if he play defence, in attack he was useless.
Creative midfielder who can replace Eriksen in the future and play along side Bruno.
And of course we need Striker (read Harry Kane). Simply someone who can be at top level and proven striker. I know he's getting old but for at least 2-3 seasons he can achieve big things if club buy players at positions I wrote.
What is worrying me is the situation with tha Glazers, something is not going according to plan definately and that means another season of suffering for us.
I agree we need 4-5 top players but since it's unlikely the takeover isn't going to happen until after the summer transfer window has closed then that's almost certainly not going to happen. We’re probably looking at 2 players maybe 3 from our current budget. Hopefully the takeover does happen before the transfer windows closes though so we can kick off the season with some positivity.

De Gea makes mistakes but he also makes match winning saves so I think it balances it out. Let's not forget the golden glove he won. It is time for a replacement though as he probably has seen his best days behind him. Onana is being linked.

I agree that we need another centre defender. Maguire has proven to be a liability this season and as you said Lidelof isn't really the answer.
Kim Min-jae has been linked and I'd see him as a starter with Martinez. Varane gets injured too much unfortunately.

I disagree that we need a right back. Wan Bissakka has made massive improvements going forward and there's no reason he can't do that again this season. To say this season Wan Bissaka has been useless in attack has completely baffled me. I've seen every game this season and he's been terrific going forward.

Erikson started well this season but it fizzled out for him towards the end. I now see Erikson as a backup player and yeah we do need a new creative midfielder.

I doubt we will sign Kane. Levy is stubborn and doesn't want to sell him, he'd rather Kane leave on a free than sell to us. Plus as you said, hes in his 30s now and the price spurs would want (not that they'd sell him) does not coincide with his age.

Last edited:
Another dreadful day for us against Brighton.
I know it’s easy to blame the goalkeeper but I’ve yet to see Onana make a crucial save. I just keep thinking “yep De Gea would have stopped that”. Onana is fundamentally sound but I don’t think he’s ever going to be called a great goalkeeper. At least this time he didn’t keep the ball at his feet for 20 minutes of the match.
For me Reguilon had a solid outing. Hojlund looked a threat even without the disallowed goal and not sure why Ten Hag brought on Martial and took Hojlund off. Hannibal’s impact was apparent and Martials was not. Martial has coasted through his entire Man Utd career. Blame injury, blame mentality or whatever we like but the fact is that the Glazers like him and that’s the reason he still remains at the club. He literally gets paid for not even doing the bare minimum. Im completely disillusioned. That’s 3 losses from 5 games. We’re going to be battling for a Europa league place or worse at this rate.
As for the Champions league… Bayern first match is frightening with how we’re playing. There was a time where I’d be expecting us to beat everyone, now I’m just hoping we don’t get battered.

Manchester United is a strange case. One of the biggest clubs in the world, famous and a revenue-generating machine I'd suppose thanks to its strong support not only in England, but in Asia and elsewhere, and yet they've been on a weird drought.

https://www.forbes.com/lists/soccer-valuations/?sh=50f2daaa198b

According to this list, they are the 2nd most valuable club in the world (I think it's revenue + operating income). A well respected and legendary club, you'd think players would be lining up for the team and there would have more success.. It really defies logic.

Even though not my favorite team in the EPL, count me in those who want Manchester United to make a comeback.

Manchester United is a strange case. One of the biggest clubs in the world, famous and a revenue-generating machine I'd suppose thanks to its strong support not only in England, but in Asia and elsewhere, and yet they've been on a weird drought.

https://www.forbes.com/lists/soccer-valuations/?sh=50f2daaa198b

According to this list, they are the 2nd most valuable club in the world (I think it's revenue + operating income). A well respected and legendary club, you'd think players would be lining up for the team and there would have more success.. It really defies logic.

Even though not my favorite team in the EPL, count me in those who want Manchester United to make a comeback.
Our last premier league title was 2012/2013. It’s no coincidence that this was also Sir Alex Fergusons last season as manager too. Every manager that has followed haven’t been able to get the job done as far as winning the premier league is concerned. A lot of players that have been signed in this 10 year period have simply not delivered either. Di Maria immediately springs to mind. World class technical wizard at every club he played for…. except Man Utd where he was a complete let down (60M British record transfer fee at the time)
Another modern example Harry Maguire (80M World record transfer fee for a defender) At Leicester the best English CB I’ve seen in many many years. For Man Utd…. A complete liability.
On paper the squad we had last season should have never even made it to the CL so I have to applaud Ten Hag for that. Nothing much more positive to say about it all really. As @Hayes said, we’re cursed!

Last edited:
Our last premier league title was 2012/2013. It’s no coincidence that this was also Sir Alex Fergusons last season as manager too. Every manager that has followed haven’t been able to get the job done as far as winning the premier league is concerned. A lot of players that have been signed in this 10 year period have simply not delivered either. Di Maria immediately springs to mind. World class technical wizard at every club he played for…. except Man Utd where he was a complete let down (60M British record transfer fee at the time)
Another modern example Harry Maguire (80M World record transfer fee for a defender) At Leicester the best English CB I’ve seen in many many years. For Man Utd…. A complete liability.
On paper the squad we had last season should have never even made it to the CL so I have to applaud Ten Hag for that. Nothing much more positive to say about it all really. As @Hayes said, we’re cursed!

Di Maria actually had a pretty decent first season with something like 12 assists. You said it yourself, "World class technical wizard", that's why he didn't enjoy playing under LVG who would try and play him out of position and give him too many defensive instructions. Players like that you've just got to let them play, give them the ball and that's it. You have to tap in to their egos.

Not sure I agree on Maguire. The guy can't run. He would have been a great player in the 90s but in the days of high lines he just doesn't work. You also need personalty and charisma to make it at United, especially as a captain. He doesn't have either.

That's a huge part of it for me, we don't look at players personalities anymore. Fergie turned down some of the best players because of their heads. The head is more important than the feet in many ways.

United suffered two terminal blows back to back after Fergie left.

1) Moyes coming in and thinking he could just get rid of all the coaching staff and bring in his own guys. His ego got the better of him. He needed to accept he needed all the help he could get from people who knew the club inside and out.

2) LVG getting rid of United players who bleed United and get the standards of the club. Welbeck, Evans, Fletcher, Chicharito, Rafael, Nani. Not just that, none of the signings that came in to replace them were any better.

Ten Hag has done a great job but it's the same old cycle, do well first season and don't get back in the second. Being backed doesn't just mean players coming in, just as important is being back with who you want to get rid of. As soon as you decide you don't want 5 or 6 players and then end up staying, you end up with an unhappy dressing room which is what we have now. Alot of players know they're not wanted.

The club is just a shambles. I got rid of my season ticket after 10 years last year and I'm so glad I did. I'm not going around the same crazy cycle again. Can't believe people even bother discussing what the manager does anymore. The managers are constantly undermined by the owners. Therefore the whole management structure is rendered useless.

the problem was trying to build a team when even the players that united bring to the team was players to build a squad based on them .

Here is my thoughts on MU .

View attachment 235922
Yeh it’s pretty decent but I wouldn’t personally have Mctominay as my first choice. I don’t think we have good enough defenders for 3 at the back though. You need world class defenders to play a back 3 so I’d personally stick with a back 4. Attached is what I think might work well but I’m not overly sure if having Nach and Rashford playing together would work. However, for me both need to be playing.
This line up is if people are fit too.

Attachments

• IMG_0042.png
    IMG_0042.png
    271.3 KB · Views: 10
Yeh it’s pretty decent but I wouldn’t personally have Mctominay as my first choice. I don’t think we have good enough defenders for 3 at the back though. You need world class defenders to play a back 3 so I’d personally stick with a back 4. Attached is what I think might work well but I’m not overly sure if having Nach and Rashford playing together would work. However, for me both need to be playing.
This line up is if people are fit too.
from what i saw depending on that type and already man united used it the lack of changing the ball (a normal cross or a through pass) from side to side since it is hard for rb or lb to cross inside box cause it is world class level football and they play more like ball holders when the cf is far away from them Bruno well marked and the rwf is not deep in attack it means 2-3 passes and ball go to opponent or 2-3 passes and it went to dmf and because lack of transition and he is under pressure it will go to defense till now it is okay cause teams like Bayern or Man City can play this so the problem here is the midfield they are not moving well without the ball or reading even the scenario and other problems like Bruno will get time to enter the game since he is blocked and a player like Luke Shaw if he go to attack it is hard that he will come back another things is Rashford calls for ball he most of time he used to call it behind the second defender back while he dragged a little bit the first one so not all the time he will get the chance to score but a through pass is a through pass and there is lot of things . So, if we have quality players we need to work on chemistry that can activate for example a vision for a key pass this is united problem .

from what i saw depending on that type and already man united used it the lack of changing the ball (a normal cross or a through pass) from side to side since it is hard for rb or lb to cross inside box cause it is world class level football and they play more like ball holders when the cf is far away from them Bruno well marked and the rwf is not deep in attack it means 2-3 passes and ball go to opponent or 2-3 passes and it went to dmf and because lack of transition and he is under pressure it will go to defense till now it is okay cause teams like Bayern or Man City can play this so the problem here is the midfield they are not moving well without the ball or reading even the scenario and other problems like Bruno will get time to enter the game since he is blocked and a player like Luke Shaw if he go to attack it is hard that he will come back another things is Rashford calls for ball he most of time he used to call it behind the second defender back while he dragged a little bit the first one so not all the time he will get the chance to score but a through pass is a through pass and there is lot of things . So, if we have quality players we need to work on chemistry that can activate for example a vision for a key pass this is united problem .
I don’t want to be rude and I’m not trying to cause an issue but in the nicest possible way I’m having difficulty understanding exactly what you mean. I have a fair idea but not overly sure on the point you’re trying to make. Sorry

I don’t want to be rude and I’m not trying to cause an issue but in the nicest possible way I’m having difficulty understanding exactly what you mean. I have a fair idea but not overly sure on the point you’re trying to make. Sorry
i told events that happened in the real life that was Manchester united most of time and why people accept changes by one player is because a normal tactical problem but you can't reach something in a race where other teams like Liverpool and Man City did years ago and by time even if the team will get one title it will not be enough for one season and this is the cycle .

Back
Top Bottom