Man Utd plan new series of tributes

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamesruggieri

Manchester United have revealed that they plan to hold a series of tributes to their European memories after the death of their Champions League - and UEFA Cup - hopes.

Following the club's exit from the Champions League after 2-1 away defeat to Benfica, it has been seen by many as the death of their reputation as a major club force in Europe. A club spokesperson said last night: "This is a terrible loss to the club, and all our thoughts and sincerest condolences are with everyone associated with Manchester United."

The spokesperson also revealed the clubs planned tributes to their European memories: "We will have a minutes silence before Sunday's game against Everton, and then our following game against Wigan will be preceeded with a minutes applause - we believe this will allow the fans to think about what we've done in Europe and applaud our previous success in the competition. Together with this, we will also hold more minutes silence in the games against Aston Villa and Birmingham City away - the following games against WBA, Birmingham again and Bolton will also have a minutes applause to allow fans to appreciate United's previous respect in European competition."

The game away at Arsenal on January 3rd will hold no appreciation - either a minutes silence or applause - as it is felt Arsenal fans (who have progressed undefeated to the knockout stage of this season's Champions League) would not appreciate it and make a mockery of the tribute, something which the spokesperson claimed was "unfortunate".

It is also believed the club is planning to build a 6ft bronze statue of the 1999 Champions League trophy, which will take its place on Sir Matt Busby Way, to commemorate the Cup victory. Sculpture firm, Scouse Sculptures, has been chosen to build the statue. Phil Smith of Scose Sculptures said: "Its a privilege to be able to build this statue to celebrate a fallen club's past glory. I am a Liverpool fan too - how ironic."

The 1999 trophy itself will be buried at a service on Sunday afternoon before the Everton game. The funeral is being held at the Nou Camp, the location where Manchester United won the trophy in the dying minutes of the game. There are rumours that the trophy may be buried along with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's knee, which sadly passed away in 2004 following years of illness.

Teddy Sheringham, who scored the equaliser in the fateful night in Barcelona, is due to give a speech before Everton's visit to Old Trafford, providing the wheelchair access for his ageing body is sorted for entry into the ground.

Inflatable Champions League trophies have been laid along with 1999 club kits outside Old Trafford as a mark of respect.

This aint funny one bit, its pretty sick tbh and retarded. How long did it take you to come up with that?

lol pathetic, I can take the stick from scousers cos they have a great european record, but an arse-wipe...

no can do...

come back when you've won it, or got passed the 1/4 finals.....

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
lol pathetic, I can take the stick from scousers cos they have a great european record, but an arse-wipe...

no can do...

come back when you've won it, or got passed the 1/4 finals.....
nuff said.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
What bearing does the antagonist's avourite club have on the fact that Man Utd sucked balls in Europe this year?

foxrocks said:
What bearing does the antagonist's avourite club have on the fact that Man Utd sucked balls in Europe this year?
None. But that point is irrelevant cuz we're talking about how an Arsenal fan can have the nerve to make fun of another team's European Cup failure when his own team cant even achieve half of what we have.
It would be easy for a Man Utd fan like the ones here to make a thread like this about Arsenal (and atleast make it funny) but you dont see us being a bunch of pricks.

foxrocks said:

Arsenal sucked balls in europe every year

RuneEdge said:
None. But that point is irrelevant cuz we're talking about how an Arsenal fan can have the nerve to make fun of another team's European Cup failure when his own team cant even achieve half of what we have.
It would be easy for a Man Utd fan like the ones here to make a thread like this about Arsenal (and atleast make it funny) but you dont see us being a bunch of pricks.

Yeah cause I'm sure we never get any shit like that if Arsenal went out. When a club like United goes out in Europe the way you have to expect some stick.

Nickybaker said:
Yeah cause I'm sure we never get any shit like that if Arsenal went out. When a club like United goes out in Europe the way you have to expect some stick.
I see what you mean. Cuz unlike Arsenal, we arent expected to get kicked out, right?

RuneEdge said:
I see what you mean. Cuz unlike Arsenal, we arent expected to get kicked out, right?

Wow did you think of that all by yourself?

Hasn't it been a while since you went further than us in the competition? So surely we shouldn't be expected to get kicked out before you?

Nickybaker said:
Wow did you think of that all by yourself?

Hasn't it been a while since you went further than us in the competition? So surely we shouldn't be expected to get kicked out before you?
Then explain to me why we should expect to get stick while you shouldnt if you were in our position.

And btw, atleast we've been as far as you can posibly go in the competition, TWICE.

Last edited:
baby-sucking-thumb.jpg

FD

RuneEdge said:
Then explain to me why we should expect to get stick while you shouldnt if you were in our position.

And btw, atleast we've been as far as you can posibly go in the competition, TWICE.

I think you may need to look up the definition of sarcasm in the dictionary.

As for the "we've been as far as we can in the competition" you haven't won that trophy in 7 years! You're really beginning to sound like Liverpools fans of a couple of years ago!

This thread looks like the annual reunion of Mensa...
As a former United fan something like this seemed inevitable. I saw it coming a long time ago. And for the Arsenal fans and the other gloaters: with hindsight this could prove to be one of the best things that has ever happened to Man United...
But let's face it there is only one English who isn't underachieving in the long term: Liverpool. Oh and Nottingham Forest too...

jamesruggieri, We was all over you in the FA Cup Final, you's didnt deserve to win it and you know it!

Fair enough , we expect to get some stick for going out, we've been shite in europe this season. I just think that the funeral and minutes silence and applause comments leave a bad taste, coming so soon after burying Georgie.
No Class !

2Fast_2Furious said:
jamesruggieri, We was all over you in the FA Cup Final, you's didnt deserve to win it and you know it!

Oh sorry then maybe you should have the trophy!

Also doesn't that apply to the champions league final of 1999?

But we didnt win on pens did we? Why?, you still jealous of not having a champions league trophy towards your name?

2Fast_2Furious said:

2Fast_2Furious....you were shit in this seasons Champions League. That's why I'm taking the piss out of ManUre's Champions League campaign :)

And yep, you deserved the FA Cup final. But, we won...that does kinda make it even sweeter to be honest :)

jamesruggieri said:
2Fast_2Furious....you were shit in this seasons Champions League. That's why I'm taking the piss out of ManUre's Champions League campaign :)

True, but whos playin sh!t in the league? ;)

2Fast_2Furious said:
But we didnt win on pens did we? Why?, you still jealous of not having a champions league trophy towards your name?

I'm not jealous of any teams success. Arsenal have given me a lot more success than the average fan receives so I can't complain.

Of course I would like Arsenal to win the Champions league but if it doesn't happen I'm not gonna get a hang up over it.

Fingers crossed for Man U to do a Leeds :lol:

BTW - I thought that was funny :D

Right, well this aint going anywhere and the use of "ManUre" just sealed this topics fate.

Grow up please James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom