Make the single player experience playable

I'm a little loathed to reduce sprint speeds as I only play MM and the AI has super speed all over especially the defenders so reducing my players speed would only make it worse as when it wants to the AI just ignores stat's anyway...

To be honest altering the speed was a last resort. I was thinking about trading Fifa10 in for PES10, but i thought why not give this a go.

I felt the speed in which my players got around the pitch, combined with the speed of the passing made the game unenjoyable.

Slowing the players down makes the pitch more Pro Evo like in the sense that it feels much bigger. I agree with the AI ignoring player stats, although at a slower pace it doesn't seem as apparent.

The only problem with this stat editing is the fact that it would be useless in MM as form and scouted players will eventually undo all the good work.

Bit of a shame really, because the basic game engine is pretty good. It's just the speed and aggressiveness of the game that spoils it for me. It doesn't feel sim-like.

To be honest altering the speed was a last resort. I was thinking about trading Fifa10 in for PES10, but i thought why not give this a go.

I felt the speed in which my players got around the pitch, combined with the speed of the passing made the game unenjoyable.

Slowing the players down makes the pitch more Pro Evo like in the sense that it feels much bigger. I agree with the AI ignoring player stats, although at a slower pace it doesn't seem as apparent.

The only problem with this stat editing is the fact that it would be useless in MM as form and scouted players will eventually undo all the good work.

Bit of a shame really, because the basic game engine is pretty good. It's just the speed and aggressiveness of the game that spoils it for me. It doesn't feel sim-like.

Yep, I agree 100%, the pitch needs to be bigger, I thought they were reducing the player size to accommodate that this time (I must have imagined it) and if the faults on pressing and the AI niggles were fixed it would be fantastic... :P

Having played a bit more, have made the shameful decision to go back to semi on passing and shooting, manual everything else. Has at least made the game playable.

Kind of sad, as manual is a wonderful way to play, but only really works against humans. The computer just obliterates you playing on manual in 10 (I found it easier on manual than semi in 09).

Also fun to try an exhibition match - really great gameplay. Just highlights how much the CPU 'aiding' is grinding away in the MM...

Back
Top Bottom