MAG : PS3

Re: MAG (Massive Action Game), PS3

I agree with what PBB said, just sounds too good. It'll be like Home probably, take years later than planned to come out, then when it does it'll be really slimmed down and half the features wont be there.

Then they'll charge you £ for changing your weapon or buying new khaki trousers for your soldier ...
how does it sound too good? this is a mmo game that is more then capable of holding 200+ players in one server :)

give this game a go lads. i bet it will be miles better then your beloved killzone 2 .

PBB is not a ps3 fan anymore, he has turned into the dark side fileld with red rings so i wont take him too seriously anymore :BOP:;):TTTH:

how does it sound too good? this is a mmo game that is more then capable of holding 200+ players in one server :)

give this game a go lads. i bet it will be miles better then your beloved killzone 2 .

PBB is not a ps3 fan anymore, he has turned into the dark side fileld with red rings so i wont take him too seriously anymore :BOP:;):TTTH:

:LOL: Maybe, but you have absolutely no way of knowing that!!!

:LOL: Maybe, but you have absolutely no way of knowing that!!!
yes i do because i have played mmo games before!! never heard of eve online that caters for 1000's of players online.

what about world of warcraft? please tell me you have heard of the best selling game known to man

yes i do because i have played mmo games before!! never heard of eve online that caters for 1000's of players online.

what about world of warcraft? please tell me you have heard of the best selling game known to man

Neither of which have been made on a console.

Its like saying "3D Studio Max" would work flawlessly on a 360.

Nobody knows how this is going to play until the Beta's launch. It sounds ambitious and they would look pretty stupid if it didnt work well, but we've had all the promises before...

Neither of which have been made on a console.

Its like saying "3D Studio Max" would work flawlessly on a 360.

Nobody knows how this is going to play until the Beta's launch. It sounds ambitious and they would look pretty stupid if it didnt work well, but we've had all the promises before...
no its not like saying 3d studio max will work on a 360. why? because its not a bloody game to BEGIN WITH :LOL:

saying something like this "Its like saying "Game X" would work flawlessly on a 360." is more understanbable. compare apples with apples man. 3d max studio? :LMAO:

Alot of the previews have played on a 128 player game and diddnt notice any lag both network-wise and gameplay wise so its sounds promising.

Its clear you have already made up your mind about this game without trying it for yourself as it seems clear to us all that you are not interested and wont purchase this game.

Me? im interested and will purchase this game if the controls are good, and the 256 player count works without lag which i imo think it will based on many MMO games that work flawlessly without any lag whatsoever.

no its not like saying 3d studio max will work on a 360. why? because its not a bloody game to BEGIN WITH :LOL:

saying something like this "Its like saying "Game X" would work flawlessly on a 360." is more understanbable. compare apples with apples man. 3d max studio? :LMAO:

Alot of the previews have played on a 128 player game and diddnt notice any lag both network-wise and gameplay wise so its sounds promising.

Its clear you have already made up your mind about this game without trying it for yourself as it seems clear to us all that you are not interested and wont purchase this game.

Me? im interested and will purchase this game if the controls are good, and the 256 player count works without lag which i imo think it will based on many MMO games that work flawlessly without any lag whatsoever.

Not at all, I'm extremely interested in it - one of the few highlights on a barron horizon.

I just think its folly to say 'it is more than capable of holding 200+ players' when you have absolutely no idea if it does or not!!

Anyways, lets have a dance and call the whole thing a draw :BOP:

ahh i see ok cool. have faith. im sure they can deliver. from the makers of socom innit?

umm now i may have doubts lol because socom on the ps3 was pants :)

SOCOM on PS3 wasnt developed by Zipper. It was developed by Slant Six. All the previews sound quite positive especially the Eurogamer one.

If it is pay per play, well we get online for free anyway so a few quid for this a month until I grow tired then stop paying isn't too bad. Especially as it will mean better servers and probably better support for patches.

exactly. i wont mind paying each month to play this game. heck i would pay and play fifa10's BAP if it had good robust reliable servers and patches that get rid of all teh annoyance and bugs from it.

exactly. i wont mind paying each month to play this game. heck i would pay and play fifa10's BAP if it had good robust reliable servers and patches that get rid of all teh annoyance and bugs from it.

So what is the difference of paying to play ONE game via the PSN and paying less than 4 quid a month for Xbox Live Gold then? I dont understand how you can verify paying for one thing and not another MMO or not. You agree about paying for servers and running costs.

For the like of FIFA and any other EA game through Live, I dont think you should have to pay XB Live Gold, as they use their own servers, and not actually MS's. I still believe XB Live Gold should be free, but I'm just saying how you seem to think its fine to pay for somethings and not others.

For me (because I said I'd be happy top pay as well) I'm okay with paying for this because I'd be getting my money's worth. I don't think anything on this scale could be done for free so it's a one off chance to experience something new and exciting and gigantic. If I ever get bored though I can stop paying.
With XBL there were times when I was going months without playing anything online or downloading any demos or DLC yet I still had to pay for those months.

I wouldn't want to pay for every game individually though because the cost would rocket up. And like you say Holio, paying XBL to use EA servers is a piss take.

I want this, unfortunately I'm on the 360 though :( I love the idea, and the graphics look very nice.

Dont think it looks that good i've seen it all before and i wont be fucking paying for it.

and here we go... They will all start charging soon. Robbing Fuckers!
well unless someoneon has invented a way to run a 200+ player count server on a regular bog standard server box with no lag then yea there is no reason to pay and play for such a server but because there not and that they will be renting out 100's if not a whole warehouse full of servers then they need us to pay for that

i cant wait for this game. if they deliver all the goods they promised this will be a great game and worth a tenner a month for the privilege.

A tenner a month? Is that what they're charging?

no thats just a guess. it cant be £30 a month like wow. MAG is not as huge as WOW

Well don't say things like 'I'd be happy to pay £X a month' because MAG will take you up on that. The fans at killzone.com were all saying how they'd happily pay around £5 for 2 maps for the game and that's what price they set it at. £5 for 2 maps lifted from the SP campaign, what a joke.

lol true. hope ist free but its alreayd been confirmed that its not :(

I've never seen them confirm it's pay per play.

Back
Top Bottom