Madden 08 Xbox 360

J79

League 1
28 May 2003
manchester
just received it in the post this morning.
if you like NFL get this game. i'm well impressed with it.
This game TO ME seems truly next gen.
there's a demo up for download also if anyone is interested.
if anyone has it and fancies a game online let me know.
gamertag - J79

Played it on the PS3 and wasn't impressed to much at all (regardless of the FPS difference between 360 and PS3). I much prefer APF 2K8 and Madden 08 PC personally.

Played it on the PS3 and wasn't impressed to much at all (regardless of the FPS difference between 360 and PS3). I much prefer APF 2K8 and Madden 08 PC personally.

my pc is doo doo so i can't use that.

i want to try the 2k series though, i keep hearing good things. i'm not sure whether i'm a big enough fan of american football to notice the difference though.

i am to american football games what fifa players used to be to football games :) i say used to because i'm holding on to hope for this years fifa ;)

I tried the demo and was as confused as humanly possible. :| It was fun but if I understood the game I'm sure I would love it.

When does the new NFL season start? I think watching it on TV might help me out.

I am making a gameplay edit to the 360 version as we speak to make it MUCH more playable all around..

The game has a few too many INT and fumbles and my editing fixes that.

All in ALL best madden in years

I tried the demo and was as confused as humanly possible. :| It was fun but if I understood the game I'm sure I would love it.

When does the new NFL season start? I think watching it on TV might help me out.

NFL season starts in a week today i think, skys coverage of it is pretty good, it's just a shame that some of the games are on so late.

i figured out the NFL rules when i first played madden on the Megadrive so when i played this game i was pretty much ok.

took me a while to get to grips with the buttons but a little bit of time and i got it. i'd imagine i'd get destroyed online though by the seasoned players.

It's more of a casual game for me to tide me over till Fifa and ISS come out. i needed a new sports game despersately!

was hoping to have a next gen rugby game out in time for the world cup too but that's not happening :(

JayM, I can guarantee watching games on TV will help your understanding. I started playing Madden a few years ago not knowing the rules and trying to work out what I was doing. I had fun enough to watch some games on TV and picked up loads just watching games, the plays and listening to the commentary.

There's games on now, pre-season games on Sky Sports as well as an NFL show which seems to be on repeat every day on one of the channels.

I'm with Green Bay Packers :) The only reason being when I first started Madden, I did a random team option and the Packers were the team I was given. So I stuck with them (which sucks hehe).

Still, can't have it both ways and have every team you support be quality, already have Liverpool for the quality. Now I understand how Everton fans feel when I see the Packers and their results ;)

the only rule you need to know is you have 4 tries to take the ball 10 yards

and the 4th you usually punt (unless your in Field goal range) to push the opposing team back down the field

if you dont make 10 yards its the other teams turn, if you do make 10 yards you get another 4 attempts, this repeats untill you get a touchdown or as i say you fail to make 10 yards

when i first started playing madden in the 90's i ended up following the Atlanta Falcons cos they had a player called deoin sanders who also played for the Atlanta Braves baseball team, as a kid i thought it was pretty impressive he played 2 sports professionally so they became my team.

He then went to Dallas and they became my second team. Always a better chance if you pick 2 team :) shame in recent years they've both been shit! :(

the Atlanta quarter back Michael Vick is potentially facing 5 years in jail for running a dog fighting ring. good start to the season :)

Thanks Coopz. :)

Might actually pick Dallas, mainly because I'm watching a TV show at the minute about a high school football team from Texas. :p

Yeah, I'm only up to episode 9, but I love it. :D

Anyway, I will probably pick up Madden at some point, going to keep trying the demo for a bit though.

dear oh god dont pick dallas. Madden sucks, sorry guys but it is not nearly as good as APF2k8, too bad they dont have any real teams. But the gameplay in madden hasnt really changeng in a long time.

I read that as well in the reviews

apparently there are far to many fumbles and interceptions in the game, some say you can get 20 a game quite regularly!!!!

but on the plus side the say you hardly ever see the same tackle twice because the animations are awesome, and you have 3 different tackle types

the only rule you need to know is you have 4 tries to take the ball 10 yards

and the 4th you usually punt (unless your in Field goal range) to push the opposing team back down the field

if you dont make 10 yards its the other teams turn, if you do make 10 yards you get another 4 attempts, this repeats untill you get a touchdown or as i say you fail to make 10 yards

Now can you explain to me rugby just as easily?

I always wanted a breif rundown

Rugby has alot of little rules

Its the same as football really but the ball gets turned over due to one of the rules being broken mainly

eg. forward passes, offsides, holding onto the ball to long, leaving your feet when joining a ruck. There are quite a few ways that you are penalised so i cant put em all here obviously there are interceptions as well and fumbles

The most important thing is that you can only pass backwards, you can kick forwards but the receiving player has to be in line with the kicker when the ball is kicked

oh and the most common way you see people getting penalised for is a knock on which means when they catch the ball they spill it forwards or spill it forwards in a tackle and then grab it again

thats about it for rugby :)

Rugby has alot of little rules

Its the same as football really but the ball gets turned over due to one of the rules being broken mainly

eg. forward passes, offsides, holding onto the ball to long, leaving your feet when joining a ruck. There are quite a few ways that you are penalised so i cant put em all here obviously there are interceptions as well and fumbles

The most important thing is that you can only pass backwards, you can kick forwards but the receiving player has to be in line with the kicker when the ball is kicked

oh and the most common way you see people getting penalised for is a knock on which means when they catch the ball they spill it forwards or spill it forwards in a tackle and then grab it again

thats about it for rugby :)

Ths is briliant - you should do little cards for every sport! (cricket - never understood it) and then go further and maybe do the different religions (I just married a lovely jewish lady - I would like a card). The possibilities are endless! Theres a market out there for lazy people like me.

'Coopz Cards' unbelievable - you have the gift of stripping down subject matter to the core and making it accessible for the masses - share it.

Just played the demo again, lost my first game 21v14, Peyton Manning was intercepted 3 times!!!!!!!!!!! I was like, WTF!!!!!!! Crazy mad game, was thinking oh oh this aint good, but just played the demo again, won 14v7, so think I will go get the full game. Looks amazingily bright and colourful, hope FIFA has the same colour palette.

Full game maybe the only game to use JaMarcus Russell with the Raiders this year, just sign the funking contract you rookie bitch.

Ths is briliant - you should do little cards for every sport! (cricket - never understood it) and then go further and maybe do the different religions (I just married a lovely jewish lady - I would like a card). The possibilities are endless! Theres a market out there for lazy people like me.

'Coopz Cards' unbelievable - you have the gift of stripping down subject matter to the core and making it accessible for the masses - share it.

haha you may be onto a winner there

The superstar mode in this is AWESOME! :shock:

I've made myself and am going through my NFL career. I've done it just as I would in real life, so I'm a speedy Wide Receiver. Got drafted to the San Francisco 49ers! Had a few interviews and lots of training so far. Played 2 pre season games, drew the first 26-26 and just won the 2nd 15-13. I played the first 2 quarters in both games. Picked up a few first downs and a few good kick returns :)

Can't wait for the NFL season to start! :D

The superstar mode in this is AWESOME! :shock:

I've made myself and am going through my NFL career. I've done it just as I would in real life, so I'm a speedy Wide Receiver. Got drafted to the San Francisco 49ers! Had a few interviews and lots of training so far. Played 2 pre season games, drew the first 26-26 and just won the 2nd 15-13. I played the first 2 quarters in both games. Picked up a few first downs and a few good kick returns :)

Can't wait for the NFL season to start! :D

Told you :D:D I played loads in my two preseason game and I got a touchdown !wooo im a WR aswell but not very fast because i didnt know how to do the running training

you know all the training with the stopwatch as the logo (theres loads of them). what do I do on them, all im doing is plays and its a bit boring to do all the time everyday

They are just training drills, running plays mate. I do about 5 or 6 and then move on to the next one. Its a lot of practice because its in preseason. In the proper season there are like tactics icons, so that could be interesting!

I did well in the IQ Test - got 80%! :-D

I should have my copy on Monday, I'll get some games in against you guys when it arrives :)

Back
Top Bottom