Lost: Via Domus

Looks a bit crap I reckon. The graphics look like a PS2 game. I'm a HUGE Lost fan but there was no way a game of the series would work well :(

The only way if will work is the way they are doing it now with a new character. So if it dont there is no hope

Looks ok, but didnt show much in the way of 'actions' that you can do - just wandering around.

Anyway, big Lost fan too and hoping they can pull this off!

I dunno, I think it's quite a good idea. It puts you in the story but without ruining anything from the TV show, which I think is a sensible thing to do. He says there "we wanted to make it for fans and non-fans", which is the way they were always going to go (means twice the money if they manage it, for a start).

It just depends on how good the gameplay is, and I'm guessing it will be rubbish. If so, I won't be interested, but if it's good then I'll go for it.

Eurogamer had a preview the other day and they were surprised that it was actually pretty decent. They were expecting a utter crap game but they enjoyed it from what I could tell. Not sure if I will like it though.....

[rant] I FUCKING HATE LOST! It's so overrated. First series was ok but c'mon! The characters, dialogue, everything about it is so overrated and far-fetched. They have dragged it in for too long like most Yank stuff (24, Prison Break etc.) The old, "wise" bald bloke gets on my tits, I just wish they'd all died in the plane crash. [/rent]

Just my opinion, if you like it that's cool! :)

I like it, but also hate it at the same time. Everything moves so slow, the story is getting more and more far fetched. And yet I cant wait to find out what is going on and if they get off this fudging island :D

I love Lost. I am almost certain the game will be rubbish but I played through the 24 game because I love 24 and as such I will also play through this.

I love Lost, but seeing as this game only has 6 of the real cast members doing voices (and real minor ones at that: Tom, Ben, Julie, Sun, Desmond, and Claire) it's more Lost: The unofficial video game, I mean if they're too cheap to actually get the main cast members it doesn't bode well for the rest of the effort put into the license......

I love Lost, but seeing as this game only has 6 of the real cast members doing voices (and real minor ones at that: Tom, Ben, Julie, Sun, Desmond, and Claire) it's more Lost: The unofficial video game, I mean if they're too cheap to actually get the main cast members it doesn't bode well for the rest of the effort put into the license......

Good spot... that sucks.

Saw more footage on GamerTV monday - still not convinced at all, they've shown nothing of the gameplay at all?

Just wandering around a jungle - not combat, no puzzles etc... think this is gonna stink the place up.

still appeals to me as well

ill be getting it anyway so i can explore the darma stations :)

Bearing in mind you hate Lost anyway, I don't expect people who aren't fans of the show to have any interest in the game anyway.

If it wasn't Lost you'd all be saying "YAWN. Been done a hundred times already."

Why can't they make a game about a proper show like The Sopranos anyway?

Just as Lost is a typical island adventure game, I can only imagine a decent Sopranos game also being a typical GTA-style game. Not many games are different and it's things like brand name that set them out from the rest.

I was kidding about a Sopranos game. It would be fucking awful like most movie/tv series tie-ins. All about £$£$, not the game.

Sadly, people buy into the hype and big licenses.

Personally I think games about TV shows/movies are a great idea, it's just unfortunate that the amount of such games which are actually decent is very limited, The Godfather is one that stands out for me, yes it was pretty much a GTA clone but it was still a damn fun game :)

Same here Jack. I like the CSI games (especially the XBox 1 one, the 360 one wasn't as good) and I'll always keep an eye out for those.

Back
Top Bottom