Liverpool FC vs AC Milan (UCL Final): Goals and Clips LIVE and Exclusive !!!

:shock:
i loved pennant performance tonight! he was awesome, dominated all his sideline kept milan side defender away.... and also made a couple of beautiful crosses. :)

worked his socks off, yeh, his crossing just weren't good enough. However, Liverpool should really play Crouch when Pennant plays as you are guaranteed balls in the box (some require six crouch's tied on top of each other though)

Milan never deserved the win, though Liverpool never dominated the game enough.

I still stand by my comment that the ref cost the game, he game nothing to Liverpool. I still feel split as they were not the dominant side in the respect that they were robbed but they should have won. I find this hard to explain as Liverpool were not robbed in the sense they had there win taken away. But Milan were not the better side.

PS For the 'best' player in the world Kaka was not present though to be fair Milan were not present.

u can't judge his two moments in the match brought the two goals

and yes liverpool were robbed by better thieves

But then again we were robbed by better thieves in 2005. I think its God's way of saying both teams deserve the trophy in the last 5 years. And I'm quite sure Liverpool did intend to keep Kaka out of the game since he was our biggest threat all season and 2 years ago. So not too surprised that he had a quiet game.

Obviously I was gutted to lose as a Liverpool fan, especially in the way Milan scored the first goal. A free kick going wide that happens to bounce off Inzaghi's arm (who knew nothing about it) sending the ball into the net and Reina going the wrong way.

A fluke goal against the run of play never sits well... I'd rather Pirlo had just put the ball in directly.

There was another fortunate (for Milan) handling of the ball for Milan that I only noticed during replay (and there was no chance of the referee spotting in real time, happened way too fast) which happened in the first half. Xabi Alonso had a shot from just outside the area that missed a foot or two wide of the goal that was definitely touched (completely unintentionally) by Gattuso's fingers on the way toward goal. The commentators (USA) missed it on the replay, only saying that the shot appeared to be going in, then "swerved" away from the goal. I agreed when I saw it in real time, but on replay, the shot was definitely knocked off path away from goal by the finger tips of Gattuso. No one else noticed it, and Gattuso looked horrified for a brief moment before realizing no one saw it. A penalty would have been harsh, but it just goes to show that chance can play a bigger role than you'd like to see in these types of contests.

Oh well, good run in the Cup... Liverpool should have made better of the chances they had early. Not the best way to lose, but congratulations to Milan.

I just like to say that hopefully some of the Milan players and fans will give Liverpool more respect in any future matches.

If 2005 was just a freak accident, we pushed you all the way again this year, but you are still the better team atm, as you have the cutting edge up front that we lack.

I like how most of the players said it wasn't about revenge, and then Gattuso's first comments after the game were 'now we have the revenge!

I just like to say that hopefully some of the Milan players and fans will give Liverpool more respect in any future matches.

If 2005 was just a freak accident, we pushed you all the way again this year, but you are still the better team atm, as you have the cutting edge up front that we lack.

sorry mate but i don't understand. why do u think milan fans and players disrespected liverpool?.
i mean, i'm not a milan supporter (neither a milan player :mrgreen: ) but talking with milan fans and listening to milan players interviews, i never had this feeling.

nobody (at least here in italy) thinks liverpool was lucky 2 years ago. u can win a single match with luck, but luck can't bring u to the final match of an international competition.

people here in italy is conscious of the fact that 2 years ago milan was a stronger team than liverpool (today the gap between theese 2 teams is more little). and milan proved they were a better team, outplaying liverpool for ALMOST the whole match.
nontheless, for 6 minutes, liverpool outplayed milan and got the cup.
tv, newspapers, all the italian media, the day after that match, they didn't say liverpool "robbed" milan. they didn't wrote liverpool didn't deserve the cup, they didn't blame the ref (this is disrespecting your opponent imo). they just blame milan for those 6 minutes of pure madness, and gave liverpool, credit for their victory, hoping for another chance to "replay" this match.

I like how most of the players said it wasn't about revenge, and then Gattuso's first comments after the game were 'now we have the revenge!

if i may, i suggest u not to have such a big consideration of what athletes use to say just after a performance. in those moments adrenaline speaks for u, u're not cool.
i'm sure that if somebody would ask the same question to gattuso tomorrow, he would reply differently ;)

Erm the Mancs harp on about 99, a similar situation surely?

yeah but you can jokingly mention anything with Solskjaer in it by saying he'll score twice in injury time and we'll be reet, but Liverpool fans wont forget to mention the comeback of Instanbul until they're six feet under, and even then you might here some utterings

Back
Top Bottom