JustPES is back - Now it is PESCoach.Com!

Also the CPU DO use all four tactics when they feel it's necessary.

What do all four tactics mean? 1 is obviously default, 2 looks to be attacking, but 3 & 4 aren't obvious. From the manager picture, 3 looks to me defensive, and 4 all-out defensive. But is that correct, or do we know for sure?

Hello, my friend.

1st thing. thanks a million for that website. Not only is it awesome, I'll done loads of teams now thank to that. 15 premier league teams, Inter, Juventus, Real, Atletico, Barca again, Valenica, Dortmund, Bayern and Wolfsburg.

2nd thing, since you have that website. You really might aswell just do the entire Italian league. I mean, seriously i don't watch too much Serie A, i watch Bundersliga, I watch my Arsenal so I'll see some premier league and I'll occasionally watch some Portuguese and French teams, so I'll look to take care or Germany and some of France, But PLEASE, for Italy, Spain, and other national teams etc.. i need others to contribute.

Ok, now, I can't promise it because I am really busy these days, but if I have more or less free day, I will try something with Italian teams. Just I need to study teams that you made carefully to work out the standarts you use for making settings.

Download file.

Put it in
Code:
MyDocuments/Konami/PES2012/save

Start game and go to Edit.

Choose Import and select Import Team.

Thanks Sincover.

It's worth pointing out that individual players have a lot of impact on how the team plays, so it may be worth adding the most important player changes to each team's tactics. Stat changes are problematic but agreeing on player cards is easier and has a big impact.
For example Huddlestone at Spurs should not have the box-to box card.
Last year I removed a lot of dribbling cards from Barca players to get them to pass more. Whilst players like Pedro, Villa and Iniesta will go on dribbles, its not too often. First thought should be pass and move.
Then there is the problem of lower rated teams/players hardly getting any player cards, which gives them a very bland generic feel. More player cards would give these teams more individuality.
I'll try to come up with some more suggestions and of course it will be useful if others come up with any obvious mistakes in player cards.

Dags. for pc you cannot transfer kits so dont worry if it asks you to impport a kit when you import a team ingame. It only transfer kits if you use the ingame editor :)

That is amazing Sincover! Thnak you, if only we could get a few more doing that, btw, Swansea suck in an goalscoring sense so you have them playing perfectly.

So if I go to edit mode and import each team/file one by one, then PESEdit 1.4 comes out, I assume it'll wipe out the imported tactics and I'll have to import them again. And so on for each release of PESEdit?

So if I go to edit mode and import each team/file one by one, then PESEdit 1.4 comes out, I assume it'll wipe out the imported tactics and I'll have to import them again. And so on for each release of PESEdit?

Basically i wouldn't bother downloading another PESedit update until Feburary. Whats the point? they are patching for the money, they release update after update with little irrelivent stuff.

They care not about gameplay expreince, only money from advertisements and downloads from up.to .

So just keep the current PESEdit man. I mean i'm only doing a ton of editing now because soon i'm going to leave and focus on 3rd year at uni and also developing my body more.

Any patch can use these tactics settings but i dunno. the guy who makes pes edit says they are useless since he found barca easy to beat when he put them in last year. Even when the videohe showed me just seemed like his game was on +2 speed and the settings were not put in correctly..

Ok everyone you all understand how to put these in, with anew template:

Arsenal

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Stoke

Last edited:
Another alternative for people who don't want to take the time to edit the tactics is to just describe what teams play like. I don't watch Ligue 1 and I don't watch Liga Sangres but I am willing to edit the tactics for those teams if they are described.

Here are the key elements you should describe:

Formation (format: x-x-x-x OR xxxx)

Defensive Line Positioning (format: High, Deep etc)

Type of Play (format: Defensive Possession/Offensive Possession etc)

For Example, if we use Klashman's Roma Tactics as an example (I don't watch Serie A either), it should be laid out like this:

Team: Roma.
Gameplan: 1.
Formation: 4-1-2-3.
Def Line Pos: High.
Type of Play: Defensive Possession (short/safe passes), Wide Attacking Play.

Of course you should list all 4 gameplans for each team.

Last edited:
I'll upload some more teams for the PC version in files, but I'm not making anymore templates for a while. I've provided everything needed for others to make tactics for the other teams.

Hi Klashman69,

one question: What is your intention or your general idea when you are putting for instance strikers extremely upfront or midfielders bunched together (like barcelona)?

I would like to help out with your project and do some teams from the Bundesliga but would like to know from where you are coming in order to produce certain results on the pitch.

Your work is a real eye opener, Klash.
I normally work on database editing, but your work has inspired me to change how teams behave without changing players stats. I tried this last year, with little success, but now it works like a charm.

I wanted to tell you about a Barcelona tactic I've been developing. I hope you feel like reading, as this includes a lot of info:

1.a) I play Busquet as the DMF, and Xavi and Iniesta right in front of him, directly blocking Messi. This causes Busquet to have Xavi and Iniesta as their inmediate passing reference, and keeps them both away from being sucked by going forward due to the wingplay effect.

1.b) This also gives less frontal passing reference to Alves and Abidal, who are forced to associate with Xavi and Iniesta during the build up. Once they are past midfield, they can connect to Alexis and Villa as well.

2.a) I play Messi as an AMF. I think he groups better with Xavi and Iniesta as an AMF. He has better passing options, more room to attempt a slalom or to appear upfront by surprise.

2.b) Messi's position also causes Alexis and Villa to decrease the frecquency of crosses.

2.c) With Messi involved in the build up, Barca plays even more passes.

3) I assign the same tactic to all 4 tactical slots, with minimal slider tweaks, the exception of messi going upfront in tactic 4 to create an attacking trio. This also helps Barcelona keep their shape and philosophy no matter the result.

Does this sound any logical to you?
Thanks for your inspiring work.

Btw, could you please tell me how to save tactics for teams into files? Thanks in advance.

Dumb question, alredy figured: EDIT > EXPORT

Last edited:
Hi Klashman69,

one question: What is your intention or your general idea when you are putting for instance strikers extremely upfront or midfielders bunched together (like barcelona)?

I would like to help out with your project and do some teams from the Bundesliga but would like to know from where you are coming in order to produce certain results on the pitch.

When i space teams out it's to encourage long passes, when i pack teams toghether it is to encourage tiki taka passing. Not just possesion football on the ground but 'pass the team to death' 'barcelona spain style' tiki taka.

There's guides on how the sliders work here:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2347256&postcount=18

I normally work on database editing, but your work has inspired me to change how teams behave without changing players stats. I tried this last year, with little success, but now it works like a charm.

Thanks, really good to see people moving on and understand the new concept Konami has with simulation. Getting teams like in real life to play totally differently. People don't get this and instead just want to play a glossed up PES 6 or think simulation is playing slowly for the sake of playing slowly.

I wanted to tell you about a Barcelona tactic I've been developing. I hope you feel like reading, as this includes a lot of info:

1.a) I play Busquet as the DMF, and Xavi and Iniesta right in front of him, directly blocking Messi. This causes Busquet to have Xavi and Iniesta as their inmediate passing reference, and keeps them both away from being sucked by going forward due to the wingplay effect.

1.b) This also gives less frontal passing reference to Alves and Abidal, who are forced to associate with Xavi and Iniesta during the build up. Once they are past midfield, they can connect to Alexis and Villa as well.

2.a) I play Messi as an AMF. I think he groups better with Xavi and Iniesta as an AMF. He has better passing options, more room to attempt a slalom or to appear upfront by surprise.

2.b) Messi's position also causes Alexis and Villa to decrease the frecquency of crosses.

3) I assign the same tactic to all 4 tactical slots, with minimal slider tweaks, the exception of messi going upfront in tactic 4 to create an attacking trio. This also helps Barcelona keep their shape and philosophy no matter the result.

Ok, sounds fine, it's just that i didn't want to unbalance Master league with these tactics. I wanted them to be adaptable so everyone can use them in any mode, also its so the cpu can keep the same philosophy in ML when you play against them really. I tried sticking iniesta and xavi infront of busquets but they ended up playing these long balls to the wingers and full backs too much . It might be different this time.

The problems i've seen really is Messi isn't set up corretly with the right cards and the same is with Iniesta, they just take on players too much. I noticed when the CPU take Messi and iniesta off they really go into pass overdrive with nobody trying to take me on constantly. Still even with the cards, with my settings they still dominate possesion.

My advice really is to use which ever settings you feel suits your game. try my settings and see ifyou can fuse mine and yours to the style you see best.

Most importantly can you do others teams PLEASE!!!

Very interested in your setup. I've been trying to perfect Barcelona's style too. I'm also tending to play Messi as an AMF.

Are you going to be posting up your setup anytime soon? I'd be interested to try it.

Thanks for the tactics klash and sin! I've given it a go with me as Villareal against Barca on 15 min, -2 speed. I'm not sure if its because Villareal is also attacking, but Barca dont dominate possession. It's pretty much 50-50, but the scoreline wasn't lol. Got beat 4-1. However, one thing is, the CPU changed the tactic for Barca midway during the game, and it wasn't one of the 4 presets. It was a different formation by itself, so would there be any use in doing these tactics if the CPU is gonna overide it? The tactical sliders like player support, support range stayed the same though.

Another thing is, you can't bring these tactics online! The tactics revert to default once you are online, the only way you can load them is if you had saved into stock data, but you can only save in 3 slots, so it's pretty pointless. Any work around for this?

Thanks for the tactics klash and sin! I've given it a go with me as Villareal against Barca on 15 min, -2 speed. I'm not sure if its because Villareal is also attacking, but Barca dont dominate possession. It's pretty much 50-50, but the scoreline wasn't lol. Got beat 4-1. However, one thing is, the CPU changed the tactic for Barca midway during the game, and it wasn't one of the 4 presets. It was a different formation by itself, so would there be any use in doing these tactics if the CPU is gonna overide it? The tactical sliders like player support, support range stayed the same though.

Another thing is, you can't bring these tactics online! The tactics revert to default once you are online, the only way you can load them is if you had saved into stock data, but you can only save in 3 slots, so it's pretty pointless. Any work around for this?

That's the problem at least it was last year, whilst the tactics are fantastic the CPU changes the tactics anyway outside of the preset ones during the game. Yesterday I had a game v QPR, where they changed something like a weird three up front and the rest defensive, nothing like any of the four preset ones.

On another debate, I've been playing superstar difficulty the last couple of days and the CPU seems to play more possession football in this mode than any other. Top Player seems to have more dribbling cheats locked into it, whereas Superstar the CPU will look to beat you with football. Try it peeps and report back in case it's me, but others have also confirmed that Superstar may be the way forward.

After a long weekend out, come back. Decided to change many player ratings.

Seemed clear there was something wrong with Messi's and Iniesta's ratings. Especially Messi's it's very wrong, it's also why he just permanently runs at players instead of try to pass. It's almost as if since Ratface Roanldo is on the cover he decided to sabotage Messi's ratings out of spite.

- Both attack and defense level need to be 2. The default 3 and 1 is stupid and that's not messi's mentality in real life.

- Give Messi the 'track back' card. Since he does like all Barca players track back and help out with the pressure.

other modifications:

- Increase weak foot frequency to 4, and accuracy to 5 or 6.
- Increase his stamina
- Increase Top speed for anything between 77-80

With Iniesta, again like with Messi, Attack and Defence levels must both be at 2, Also if you wish knock Xavi's attack down to 2.

With the formation. In my opinion after all the testing it's 'complete' ONLY that Barca are a bit crap defensively when position switch is set to 18, so I'll update the tactic and like last year set them to have 0 position switch :)

They keep the ball more also when it's set to 0 position switch.

However, one thing is, the CPU changed the tactic for Barca midway during the game, and it wasn't one of the 4 presets. It was a different formation by itself, so would there be any use in doing these tactics if the CPU is gonna overide it? The tactical sliders like player support, support range stayed the same though.

In all the games I've played against the computer it has only ever used the first preset tactic (you can see the number right next to the formation setting in the bottom right-hand corner of the gameplan).

Then, depending on whether it's winning or losing, it will make tactical substitutions to suit the scenario, but it does not use the other presets.

Back
Top Bottom