Jericho

tobi

"Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose."
5 August 2005
Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
jerichotvseries.jpg

The first five minutes of Season 2.

:8):

I'll stay away from those and wait for when Hallmark air them in the summer.

Its a great finale.

That it was, so glad they have carried it on that was one hell of a cliffhanger, the show has loads of potetial with stories ect.

OOOOOH YES.

Anyone know when its on Hallmark?

Fucking love it. With this stoyline they could probably string out a few more series.

Last edited:
Season 2 is on in May I think. Either way its definately on in the summer.

[UPDATE] CBS cancels cult favorite after two seasons; network will air series-finale version of Tuesday's episode.

Gather your nuts, Jericho fans, because here we go again.
<em>Jericho</em> was surrounded by friends and family when it was finally laid to rest.

Jericho was surrounded by friends and family when it was finally laid to rest.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, CBS has decided to cancel the apocalyptic drama...again. Citing sources, the trade says that producers have been told the show is ending its run.

One of the feel-good stories of last season, Jericho survived cancellation thanks to a well-publicized fan campaign that changed the minds of CBS executives. The network granted the show a shortened second season of just seven episodes, the last of which airs Tuesday.

Jericho producers prepared for the worse and shot two season finales, one of which would lose any cliffhanger ending and serve as a series finale. That ending will air Tuesday.

"In what we call our original ending... that one simply continues the story and starts the mission for season three," executive producer Carol Barbee told TV.com earlier this year. "The alternate ending just doesn't do that. It brings everybody together and you see where everybody is and it gives a lot more emotional resolution."

It's been a long roller coaster ride for Jericho's crew and fans, but in the end, the "speculative fiction" drama just couldn't bring in the viewers. The show pulled in comparable numbers to its first season, and tailed off dramatically after the season premiere.

The chances of another miracle revival are slim, as CBS already gave the show a chance and cable outlets won't risk footing the bill of the show's production.

[UPDATE] CBS has issued a statement regarding the cancellation of Jericho: "The March 25th episode of Jericho will be the series finale. Without question, there are passionate viewers watching this program; we simply wish there were more. We thank an engaged and spirited fan base for keeping the show alive this long, and an outstanding team of producers, cast and crew that went through creative hoops to deliver a compelling, high quality second season. We have no regrets bringing the show back for a second try. We listened to our viewers, gave the series an opportunity to grow, and the producers put a great story on the screen. We're proud of everyone's efforts."

US TV Networks are run by cunts who wouldn't know good television if they were forced to watch shows on HBO/Showtime 24/7.

good television doesnt always increase stock value(thats the job of the people who run it). you really generalize too much. How do you watch our shows anyways?

I wish Jericho started on Cable TV instead.

good television doesnt always increase stock value(thats the job of the people who run it). you really generalize too much. How do you watch our shows anyways?

Well if I don't blame US networks then I have to blame the stupid majority of the American viewing audience who would rather sit watching shitty reality shows, but then I'd sound prejudiced against American people which I'm not.

How do I watch your shows? On my TV, how do you watch your shows?

Well if I don't blame US networks then I have to blame the stupid majority of the American viewing audience who would rather sit watching shitty reality shows

The responsibility has to come more with the public I feel. Like you say, they'd prefer to watch Dancing With The Stars than shows like Jericho and others that are being cancelled due to not enough viewing figures.

Friday Night Lights is next...

Well if I don't blame US networks then I have to blame the stupid majority of the American viewing audience who would rather sit watching shitty reality shows, but then I'd sound prejudiced against American people which I'm not.

How do I watch your shows? On my TV, how do you watch your shows?

For your information JERICHO DOES NOT COMPETE AGAINST REALITY SHOWS ON THE MAJOR NETWORKS. It competes against a news show(primetime ABC), local news(fox), and Law and Order(NBC), which in my opinion shits all over jericho. Hey but thats my opinion. So you should probably check your facts before you go spouting off. Blame the stupid americans for watching news :)

Last edited:
The responsibility has to come more with the public I feel. Like you say, they'd prefer to watch Dancing With The Stars than shows like Jericho and others that are being cancelled due to not enough viewing figures.

simply untrue, they prefer to watch news programs and law and order, not dancing with the stars.

I love all the Law and Order shows, the orginal needs some spring cleaning though.

For your information JERICHO DOES NOT COMPETE AGAINST REALITY SHOWS ON THE MAJOR NETWORKS. It competes against a news show(primetime ABC), local news(fox), and Law and Order(NBC), which in my opinion shits all over jericho. Hey but thats my opinion. So you should probably check your facts before you go spouting off. Blame the stupid americans for watching news :)

Perhaps Jericho is the exception to the "reality tv" rule but what about Touching Evil, Journeyman, The 4400, Angel, Studio 60, Law and Order: Trial by Jury, K-Ville, Firefly, Boomtown, Surface, Invasion, those are just a few of the shows I can think of off the top of my head that I personally watched and rated good-excellent which were all cancelled in the last couple of years.

Whether or not a show competes directly against a reality show, the simple fact is more Americans watch reality shows than drama shows do they not? So the comment "Americans would rather watch reality TV than drama" fits does it not?

Hasn't Jericho over the course of its 29 episode run been moved to a different day/time slot at least once? Hasn't it had its budget slashed for season 2? Are not those two things decisions of TV executives?

I love all the Law and Order shows, the orginal needs some spring cleaning though.

Actually this season is the most "tweaked" it has been for a long time and I'd say it's slightly better than it has been over the last couple of seasons (although every season in the past has been good-excellent, and yes I've seen every season of the past ;)) It will be interesting to see how they write off Ed Green, they have a history of doing such things very poorly, maybe he'll turn out to be a lesbian again ;) Det. Lupo has fit very well and I believe Anthony Anderson is going to be the new detective which is cool as he was excellent in The Shield and K-Ville amongst other things he's done.

Thats good to hear, I missed a few episodes from the most recent season that was on Sky One, I wish Hallmark had the first run rights though but then again they wouldn't show it in 16:9 or HD. The viewing figures aren't great but they (Sky One) don't advertise it. Law n Order on channel five averages 1.5 million

Perhaps Jericho is the exception to the "reality tv" rule but what about Touching Evil, Journeyman, The 4400, Angel, Studio 60, Law and Order: Trial by Jury, K-Ville, Firefly, Boomtown, Surface, Invasion, those are just a few of the shows I can think of off the top of my head that I personally watched and rated good-excellent which were all cancelled in the last couple of years.

Whether or not a show competes directly against a reality show, the simple fact is more Americans watch reality shows than drama shows do they not? So the comment "Americans would rather watch reality TV than drama" fits does it not?

Hasn't Jericho over the course of its 29 episode run been moved to a different day/time slot at least once? Hasn't it had its budget slashed for season 2? Are not those two things decisions of TV executives?

yeah but just because you think there good doesnt mean someone else is stupid cause they dont. Look its kind of ironic that guys like us think reality tv is stupid, when in fact we like the greatest reality tv of them all, SPORT. Its about competition. People love it. Weather its american idol, dancing with stars or the yankees vs the red sox. I cant really call someone stupid for watching reality tv when i personally know alot of highly intelligent people that do watch it.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,272|||season,00.html

now yes from the surface it looks like what you say is true, BUT the ratings donit figure in CABLE tv, hbo, showtime, ESPN, local sports... the ratings in america are flawed.. they do track cable ratings but they dont track both together... but this is what the executives have to go by....

but i think your opinion that people are stupid for watching idol or reality tv is off base. Sure there are stupid people that watch it, but also some intelligent ones as well... my original point is that your generalize too much.

Isn't that what the internet is for, generalising? ;)

And yes you make a very good point which I didn't make earlier but then thought of later, the way that ratings are gathered in the US is massively flawed as the primary source for gathering data on TV ratings is still based on Nielsen boxes isn't it? Rating gathering should take into account every medium for watching a show, whether on TV, on cable, on itunes and all that new fangled bollocks, not sure how they do it but in the UK ratings are gathered for shows without silly little boxes sat behind the TVs of a few white middle class families (generalising mode™) ;)

Back
Top Bottom