Is the 360-version really that bad?

Re: Is the 360-version realy that bad?

cyberskull said:
Man... do you play PES??? It's alot faster on the ps2!!! The xbox 360 is slower... everyone says that! PErsonally i like a lot the pes x360 altough its different from the ps2 version... ;)

I think the real problem is what ratio you play the game on.

Play it on standard 4:3,The game runs at 100 miles an hour,way,way too fast,imo.

Play it on 16:9(widescreen)and it plays an absolute dream of a game(slower pace,lag free etc.)

I only have a standard portable,but it has a 4:3 or 16:9 ratio selector,which is sweet!!!

I do feel sorry for the guys who maybe can only play this on a standard 4:3,because it really ain't the same game.

Edit-Make sure your console is set to the appropriate display,
i.e-4:3=normal,16:9=widescreen

:D

one minute i play it and hate it, then i enjoy it..might try why tommy suggested with widescreen, because apart from no editing my other gripe is how fast it is

i'll play it for a few days solid and then see how i feel

It would be worth $60 if you got another game free with it... on its own, it's worth $20 at best.

Konami must be laughing in their beds at all those people who bought it and think they are getting their moneys worth. Way to go to encourage them to try harder guys...

Can't say I didn't predict this though. Probably over a year ago I stated that we would not see an improvement when Konami went next gen... and sure enough... slowdown and missing features, nice!

Konami + Next Gen Hardware = Last Gen Software... get used to it, cos while people keep buying it, they'll keep churning it out.

Oh, and if you can't see the slowdown, you might want to take off those rose-tinted, Konami enhancing glasses... all will become clear then.

LeeC said:
It would be worth $60 if you got another game free with it... on its own, it's worth $20 at best.

Konami must be laughing in their beds at all those people who bought it and think they are getting their moneys worth. Way to go to encourage them to try harder guys...

Can't say I didn't predict this though. Probably over a year ago I stated that we would not see an improvement when Konami went next gen... and sure enough... slowdown and missing features, nice!

Konami + Next Gen Hardware = Last Gen Software... get used to it, cos while people keep buying it, they'll keep churning it out.

Oh, and if you can't see the slowdown, you might want to take off those rose-tinted, Konami enhancing glasses... all will become clear then.
Very true. Also they laugh at all PC owners who know they could easily get a better looking PES on PC... instead we get a ported version of the PS2 game..... hmmm

DJ

I like the game, really i do, it's difficult again, how long has it been since wev'e had a difficult Pro Evo. It is a step up, but maybe not a big enough step for some people.

I personally think the gameplay is also v.bad on the xbox 360 - I have played pes6 on both ps2, xbox 360 and pc - having played it on a mates ps2 I went out and bought the xbox 360 version only to be horrendously disappointed.

I was willing to cope with the lack of editing modes, and even the broken online play, but I just could not get into the games - it felt like such a gruelling experience trying to get your teammates working sensibly with you and the shooting just totally ruined it. When I did score goals I did not feel like I had earnt them as in earlier versions of pes and the computer just could not seem to score against me (on regular) - it just created no decent chances whatsoever.

Eventually, I decided to take back the xbox 360 version and purchased the pc one instead - it is *so* much better! Classic pes gameplay with much more intelligent teammates... it's actually enjoyable to play! Graphics are worse but I'd rather have fun playing the game personally... I think its a travesty what they did to the xbox 360 version both feature-wise and gameplay-wise - furthermore, all the review websites / mags which at best said the only difference was some of the features should be ashamed of themselves!

The fact is a seperate team at konami worked on the x360 version and they screwed it up..

Having played it a few times now, I'm really feeling the game, just gave my colleague at work a good shoeing 5-1 Everton v Reading

juveboy: have you tried the pc or ps2 version? are you actually scoring the occasional screamer from outside the penalty box?

i do not like the game one bit, got it for my birthday and wish i never asked for it

i wouldnt be too suprised to see saving goals / editing teams come out on xbox live for purchase

For Purchase!!! we have already paid £49.99 for a half empty game!!! why should we pay more for stuff they SHOULD have included??

DJ

it just wouldnt suprise me thats all, im very tempted to take myc opy to gamestation and swap it for ps2 version

The keepers really are appauling, conceed so many goals due to countless keeper errors its unbelievable.

Coupled with the fact that for some reason Adriano seems to have been morphed into a player with GOD like abilities.

They wont release anything on marketplace. Firstly its konami.. and secondly the people that make the game are in Japan. Japanese don't care about the 360 so I very much doubt the ability to save replays will be added and definately not an edit mode. Maybe only an Xbox Live fix.

Back
Top Bottom