iOS Gaming

Is anyone else getting the free farmville like simpsons game that's out tomorrow? The Simpsons Tapped.

I grabbed the canadian version that was put on installous today to try it out and its pretty fun. Basically the town is destoryed and you re build it in the same style that al these time management games have... you set something off building and it gives you a time that it will take. Then you gain money and xp and over time unlock bigger and better things.

The game also lets you add your friends towns to your game which gives you bonuses and extra money or something like that which is why im here asking this.

Looking forward to doing a lot more iOS gaming on the new iPad. I may actually get round to completing GTA III :LOL:.

Anyone seen it? Apparently iPad 3 is quad core and more powerful than ps3 and 360.

Not bad for a "handheld". Actually, the ps vita is quad core as well.

iseewhatyoudidthere.png

Got the new Simpsons game (Tapped Out) working at last. Very good - typical "build a town" sort of thing, which I actually dont mind in small doses, but the artwork, voicework, in jokes etc etc are all brilliantly done.

Highly recommend checking it out (its free) - even if you dont like these games, if you like The Simpsons, then its worth half hour of your time.

It gets to a point where you can't progress unless you buy the in-app purchases, as well as needing other friends playing to trade with them to get past certain points.

It gets to a point where you can't progress unless you buy the in-app purchases, as well as needing other friends playing to trade with them to get past certain points.

Where did you read that?

I've played it for a week or so now and not hit any road blocks that prevent me from adding new buildings or levelling up. I had a 'add 3 friends' mission but just ignored it and continued on levelling and completing the other objectives.

I doubt I'll ever be able to build some of the premium buildings that are set at like 100+ doughnuts but failing to do that really locks you out from playing on further?

On the NeoGAF forums. Just some comments on the iOS thread that people were enjoying it but had to stop due to limits.

"New Star Soccer" is well worth checking out. Thought I'd give it a quick five minute play last night and was on it for well over an hour!

"New Star Soccer" is well worth checking out. Thought I'd give it a quick five minute play last night and was on it for well over an hour!

I looked at a video on YouTube and new star games themselves had posted in the comments saying there was going to be a free version with purchasable items/extras and then a full version. I couldn't find a full version but I did find the free one and saw that career mode is locked and has to be bought for 69p.
Is that the one you grabbed and apart from that unlock and the weather pack are their other things you need to pay to play like is their a level cap or you have to pay to unlock extra modes/teams etc.

Nope, you get the "free" version which is basically just target practice. Then you can pay 69p for the actual game, and it's probably the best 69p I've ever spent. I've put in a ridiculous amount of hours into the game already!

The 69p for the career mode is all you need, the pitches and weather are just cosmetic really. You can choose to buy in-game currency but you'll never need it.

I've managed to work myself up from playing for Hyde to now at West Ham, stopping at a couple of mid-level English teams and Cremonese on the way. Really good fun.

Ah great news. I just didn't want to buy it and then find it's just a dumbed down version for 69p and the real full game is a few quid, I'd rather just get the real deal. 69p is a steal.

Ran into a little problem.

I have to update my billing info but it seems you can't do that on the actual phone. So i'd have to load up itunes and do it through there right?

The probblem i think i have though is - the pc i had itunes on and used to use a lot is long gone (i copied everything over to the laptop) and so id have to re download it on the laptop. But if i do that, won't it re sync everything and as my itunes is empty, wipe my phone clean?

Real Racing 2 HD is absolutely mind blowing on the new iPad! I've not seen anything this detailed or smooth on a mobile device.

:SHOCK:

Back
Top Bottom