Indie Music - Old and New

Gerd, a very odd thing has happened. I really, really like the Stephan Eicher album.

I'm happy for you...like i already said, Eicher is one of my favourite artists...

Other albums you could buy:

Eldorada: the last one and the most American of all his albums
Carcassone: mix of rock insturments and medieval ones
Non Ci Badar: a double album: one CD is a live album (Eicher is a beautiful man and is an idol for French girls, a litle bit too much hysteria on the live album), the second one is the interesting one: a sort of On the road journal by Eicher and his musicians, with jam sessions, covers (Highway to Hell mixed with a German version of that ACDC song...).

I have ordered Hotel S by Eicher (who looks the spit of Federer on the Louanges album cover!?) and a couple of your other suggestions (Murat and Hunninga(sp?).

Looking forward to seeing what they're like.

I think you will like JL Murat, he's really good...
Not so sure about Hedningarna although i really love them...

Gerd, Karelia Vise (or something) turned up the other day.

At first I thought "My God, what have I bought!?" but I really like it now. It has an uncanny ability to make me 'jig' about while I'm listening to it (I've not explained that very well!).

Some of the other albums you mentioned have been hard to track down, or very expensive so I will wait until the next time I'm in Europe and see what I can pick up.

Karelia Visa is great Terry and i'm glad you like it...Ukkonen is one of my all-time favourite tunes...those 2 women really can "sing".

PS: are you not in Europe for the moment??? you make me curious...until roughly 15 years ago i travelled a lot (especially in Asia)...the i met my wife who don't likes to travel....i still think i made the right choice, but now and then i want to travel or hear things about people abroad...

Anyone got the new dEUS album? Its awesome!

I will be getting it, thanks to Gerd. ;)

I'm not sure what you mean, Gerd - if you mean isn't the UK part of Europe, then no, I don't consider it to be.

If you thought I was somewhere else, I do travel a lot (just came back from Kenya and Tanzania not so long ago) but I'm afraid my base is still England.

Oh, you confused me there Terry...
Milanista, how do you have the new dEUS album...it's supposed to be released on april 18th or 21th (or is that a naïve question).
i'm gonna see them live...
Terry, dEUS 2 last albums (and the new one also i suppose) are completely different from the one you bought (Worst Case Scenario), but they are also very, very good...

Seems a bit strange to label all these bands as "Indie". I suppose this term started with the chart show's indie chart and included all the bands that were on Independent labels, but over time got mistaken for a genre of music. This chart included punk, grunge, goth, etc. as well as Steps and Kylie Minogue. Some of the bands listed are on 'Big' labels and are not techically 'indie' bands.

Back
Top Bottom